Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Camera Gantry in Terryland Park

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gufcfan View Post
    I'm not givin out, it's just that i'd much rather they used the new gantry coz for barstoolers to be enticed into terryland, it should look as good as possible on the box.

Pointing it at the old stand is such a shame, but why would RTE give a f***?
    I was the one who posted it and was just relaying what the cameraman said. He is the professional so I'm sure knows more about it than most. I remember quite a few nights in the old stand where you had to have you hands up blocking the sun for the first half so I'm sure on top of the stand would be worse. And the gantry is also literally on top of the sideline on that side. German TV were there for the U-17 game and they set up in the new stand too, but maybe they don't know what they're at either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Camera Gantry in Terryland Park

Is there a new camera gantry in Terryland and is it being used? If not then why not? Does it have a power supply and all that? Is it safe to use?
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    It was put in place last year before the friendly with Sunderland on top of the middle of the "old" stand. Apart from the reasons mentioned above, they are also getting away with filming from inside the new press box which has a better view of the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    Is there a new camera gantry in Terryland and is it being used? If not then why not? Does it have a power supply and all that? Is it safe to use?
    You can see it on top of the old stand in this photo
    http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/7...ryland3ya7.jpg
    It does have a power supply and a stairs (not a ladder) but it doesn't seemed to have worked out.

Firstly, it doesn't capture the sideline underneath it unless the cameraman is willing to risk his life.

During summer games, the sunlight can blinding.

Also, front row seats of the new stand are higher up than the back row seats of the old stand with the result that it gives the impression to the TV audience there is nobody in the stadium because all you can see is the base of the stand which is a 3 metre wall.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Have to say I remember watching the highlights of the Sunderland game on TG4 and can't remember the picture being particularly unsatisfactory due to the position of the TV gantry.

The main complaint seems to be that the gantry is a bit too close to the sideline. Does seem a shame not to show off the new stand though especially as that's where most of the crowd are.