Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 4233

Thread: Stephen Ireland

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post

Young winning young player is british bias at its best, he scored less goals and contributed less assists than Ireland, I don't see the logic in it.
    Maybe his international performance was taken into account
    "Can I have a Kit-Kat, chunky?"

"you mean a big one"

"No a normal kit-kat you fat bitch"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
    Pure nonsense that Giggs won the Player of Year after 11 starts. Give the man a lifetime achievement award by all means but calling him player of the year ahead of Vidic and many others more deserving makes a mockery of the award.

Young winning young player is british bias at its best, he scored less goals and contributed less assists than Ireland, I don't see the logic in it.
    unbelievably ppor decisions, im a man u fan and shocked giggs got it, lets face it ireland deserved the main one more than him like. Gerrard and Ireland fo me!!
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zenokelly View Post
    Thank God for once that there is no post, "Ireland scored again today and put in a quality performance against Everton". I don't get why this thread isn't in the World section.
    Regardless of what you think of Stephen Ireland, posts like this are absolutely idiotic. Like it or not, Stephen Ireland is a capped Irish International player, the same way that Roy Keane and Mark Kennedy are (both currently on the front page of the Ireland forum). The odds are that none of these three people will feature in an Ireland squad ever again, yet it's fine to talk about Roy Keane and Mark Kennedy, but Stephen Ireland should be in World Football?

He's a (former/retired/whaver you want to call it) Irish international. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy View Post
    If he retires from international football I think there'll be no choice but to throw him out of this forum but he hasn't and I'm certain he'll be playing for us again.
    I also strongly disagree with this for the reasons above. I really don't see why he would ever feature in any other forum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Serb View Post
    I also strongly disagree with this for the reasons above. I really don't see why he would ever feature in any other forum.
    I agree. The only one's that want to talk about him on here are the followers of the Ireland team. But, there would just be too much hassle keeping this thread here if he decided to retire.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Does anyone else realise Manblue is undoubtedly Stephen Ireland? Nearly everyone of his 51 posts mention the man and most praise the hairless sulk in a positive tone and defend his indefensible position regarding the national team.

He also posts inside information on the player from time to time.

Maybe he lost the young player of the year because all the Irish players got together and decided to vote for the overrated, headless chicken, Ashley Young realising he was Ireland's nearest competitor even though Ireland is a far better player.
    Last edited by youngirish; 27/04/2009 at 9:35 AM.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    564 Posts
    In fairness to Stephen Ireland his performances over the season for a Man city in major transition have been good for pretty much the entire season.

Ashley Young is a good player but does go missing sometimes as has the whole Villa team for the last few months.

All in all I would say that Stephen Ireland has had the better season of the two.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,321 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngirish View Post
    Does anyone else realise Manblue is undoubtedly Stephen Ireland? Nearly everyone of his 51 posts mention the man and most praise the hairless sulk in a positive tone and defend his indefensible position regarding the national team.

He also posts inside information on the player from time to time.

Maybe he lost the young player of the year because all the Irish players got together and decided to vote for the overrated, headless chicken, Ashley Young realising he was Ireland's nearest competitor even though Ireland is a far better player.
    I doubt it, Ireland can't even setup his own bebo page, posting on a forum is probably beyond him
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Is it fair to say that Young (just like Villa) has really tailed off in the last 2 months or so? Votes were cast sometime ago. Ireland appears to have continued his good form in the main.

Im not saying which player should have got the award but earlier in the season Young was on fire, called up for the England team etc.... Is it really that outrageous that he won it ahead of Ireland - it was probably a borderline decision??
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Manblue View Post
    Stevie didnt win the award, and has told many ppl in manchester he didnt, he was made aware of the result on friday, but betting is still running on betfair for anyone interested i think

what is he to lay?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    A bit late now Den
    In Trap we trust

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Serb View Post
    Regardless of what you think of Stephen Ireland, posts like this are absolutely idiotic. Like it or not, Stephen Ireland is a capped Irish International player, the same way that Roy Keane and Mark Kennedy are (both currently on the front page of the Ireland forum). The odds are that none of these three people will feature in an Ireland squad ever again, yet it's fine to talk about Roy Keane and Mark Kennedy, but Stephen Ireland should be in World Football?
    He's a (former/retired/whaver you want to call it) Irish international. Get over it.
    Nothing idiotic about Zenokellys post at all.
    And it has nothing to do with likes or dislikes of this immature personality.

Simple reason, he walked out and refused unconditional invitations to return.
    He has not just simply retired himself from the set up after long service. Or even like Keane, walk out after a blazing row after long service.
    Irelands attitude has been disrespectful right from the beginning.
    "I will not play for Ireland until Kerr goes"

Now he puts the blame on the current management.
    What is his latest position, I will not play until Trap goes?

Fans can tolerate a falling out as a one off. It's a normal enough phenomenon in International football.

Simple reason to move it to World Forum, Irish fans do not condone or even tolerate his chronic pattern of disrespect towards the Ireland team and management.
    Until he turns up to be a part of the squad, he should be shafted away from this forum, just as he has shafted the Ireland team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Jesus the recycled posts still going on in this thread are ridiculous (which is why i normally avoid it like the plague) but just wanted to say that Ireland being shunned in both the young player and also the team of the year (Anelka ffs ) is a complete sham

that is all...
    "Well I think they'll be a little disappointed with that" - Matt Holland on TV3 after 5-2 drubbing by Cyprus

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ogba View Post
    Jesus the recycled posts still going on in this thread are ridiculous (which is why i normally avoid it like the plague) but just wanted to say that Ireland being shunned in both the young player and also the team of the year (Anelka ffs ) is a complete sham

that is all...
    Agreed, although I think if any young player was on a level with Ireland this year it was Ashley Young. Giggs getting the award is overdue but not this season, if you were picking a starting Xi from the premiership would you really have Giggs in there?? I hear what your saying about Anelka but at the time the votes were cast he was top scorer in the premiership.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    I really hope somebody can convince him to change his mind because we don't have another player like him.He has been one of the leading lights in PL this Season.

He really needs to understand that this will cast a shadow on his professional football career and the questions will get louder the better he does.

I understand people who feel let down but but he would add an extra dimension
    to what we already have.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    207 Posts
    I cant help thinking that Trapp and Brady are a little ambivalent about wanting Ireland back. The efforts and public statements dont suggest that they see resolving the Ireland issue as one of theit big priorities. I also think that Ireland senses this and is worried that he might not be selected if he did make a public declaration of availability. In fact I am pretty sure that Trapp and Brady would feel obliged to make a point and test his resolve by not selecting him to begin with at least. He is not a Trapp player, he doesn't obviously fit into what passes for our system. His availability would complicate things for Trapp. It's bad enough having to justify the exclusion of Andy Reid, but how could he expect to explain his preference for the likes of Andrews, Whelan and Gibson over someone with the undoubted talent of Ireland? Having Ireland in a self-imposed exile maybe suits both parties and saves them both potential embarressment. I dont think he will play again until after we either qualify or dont qualify for South Africa and Trapp retires. I would be totally confident that if Keane or even Owen Coyle were managing us he would be playing, because they would want him and would communicate that want to him in a way that would be persuasive and compelling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    methinks the only time ireland will start actually regretting not playing for us is in the years to come will be when he will inevitably suffer a dip in form like all players. maybe he'll end up getting a big money move to a so called massive club. maybe it wont work out for him and he'll spend half a season on the bench.

The international set up has done wonders to rejuvinate irish careers in the past and if he doesnt have the option of a game with us maybe he might wonder why he was such a pratt in the past.

Having said that, I would still welcome him back if he comes back next season
    Last edited by as_i_say; 27/04/2009 at 3:27 PM. Reason: i was being rude. bold me.
    I

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by third policeman View Post
    I would be totally confident that if Keane or even Owen Coyle were managing us he would be playing, because they would want him and would communicate that want to him in a way that would be persuasive and compelling.
    I guess just playing for your country isn't compelling enough...

The fact that is is so conditional with S. Ireland is the reason many fans are over him.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan 82 View Post

The fact that is is so conditional with S. Ireland is the reason many fans are over him.
    In his case it clearly isn't at the minute, but i would be willing to go a lot further than Trapp and Brady have done, because we would be a far better team with him in the squad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan 82 View Post
    Ya but TP stated that he didn't think Trapp would have him on the team, so he wouldn't be playing and therefore sort of humiliated after all that has gone on.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BarelyLegal View Post
    Ya but TP stated that he didn't think Trapp would have him on the team, so he wouldn't be playing and therefore sort of humiliated after all that has gone on.
    Wow, so... "I might not be picked" is a good reason to make yourself unavailable for your country?