147 26.68%
Page 79 of 212 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 4233

Thread: Stephen Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    That scumbag has p1ssed all over the Ireland jersey. He should have his Irish passport revoked and never allowed back in to the country. Disgrace!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
    Simply put he had a bad experience with the Irish team and doesn't want to face it again
    If it is so simply put, can you enlighten me and tell me what it is? This "bad experience"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    bad experience was - having the **** taken out of him for going bald / being ridiculously stupid. (on a mcateer level, which is a good comparison, at least he takes the stick in good humour)

not sure they gave him stick for grandma-gate or not.

he should get over it and come back and play, but not this campaign, would be harsh on the guys who have put it in so far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by magnumpi View Post
    bad experience was - having the **** taken out of him for going bald / being ridiculously stupid. (on a mcateer level, which is a good comparison, at least he takes the stick in good humour)

not sure they gave him stick for grandma-gate or not.

he should get over it and come back and play, but not this campaign, would be harsh on the guys who have put it in so far.
    He was never in the squad after grandma-date so unless they did it when he was playing in the Premiership or they text him privately I doubt they did this.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    You might not like his personality but from a purely sporting point of view he's our best player on current form and probably the most exciting Irish youngster since Keane and Duff. It's a shame he's not playing for us.

As for the "this campaign" part I don't think a lot of people understand the mindset of Stephen. He's an insecure fellow and not doing any of this out of lack of patriotism. Simply put he had a bad experience with the Irish team and doesn't want to face it again, that isn't to say he wants to rule himself out of it he's just happy with life at the moment and insecurity dictates that he's afraid to mix it up by confronting an issue he doesn't want to address.
    It's not what you or I would do in such a situation but its worth keeping in mind why he's doing what he's doing.
    Ciaran,

Unless you are actually SI, this is pure speculation. I don't believe he has ever said this was the case.
    Honest! I am not a secret Tim nor a closet Sham - I really am a Seagull.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I am disgusted by SI's attitude.

I would like to see the FAI/Trap state catogorically that he will not be considered for this campaign under any circumstances and that he would have to declare himself available - without pre conditions - for any future campaigns before the campaigns begin.

I really do not care how good he becomes - even if he were to become World player of the year. The guy is playing week in, week out for MC, is rich beyond most of our wildest dreams - and must surely understand what it means to the average person - like myself - who supports Ireland through thick and thin and want to see us qualify for and compete in major WCs and Euros.

I left Ireland for Canada over 20 years ago and still go back for games every year whenever I can get tickets.

I've been to Japan/Korea, Dublin, Paris, and Stuttgart and will be in SA if we qualify. However, I do not not want him in our squad for this campaign - no matter how much we need him.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Agreed. It's time to move on. I don't want him back. He's Stephen Manchester to me.
    There is no such thing as a miracle cure, a free lunch or a humble opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjpcc View Post
    I am disgusted by SI's attitude.

I would like to see the FAI/Trap state catogorically that he will not be considered for this campaign under any circumstances and that he would have to declare himself available - without pre conditions - for any future campaigns before the campaigns begin.

I really do not care how good he becomes - even if he were to become World player of the year. The guy is playing week in, week out for MC, is rich beyond most of our wildest dreams - and must surely understand what it means to the average person - like myself - who supports Ireland through thick and thin and want to see us qualify for and compete in major WCs and Euros.

I left Ireland for Canada over 20 years ago and still go back for games every year whenever I can get tickets.

I've been to Japan/Korea, Dublin, Paris, and Stuttgart and will be in SA if we qualify. However, I do not not want him in our squad for this campaign - no matter how much we need him.

Good post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    Is it really fair for someone who has chosen to live in Canada to criticize another for lack of commitment to Ireland?
    my god. Read his post again. Use your brain.

You seem to me Ciaran like the kind of guy who reads a newspaper headline and then makes up your mind based on that. Are you a taxi-driver by any chance?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    576 Posts
    Anybody else think that Ciaran is Stephen Ireland?........................anybody?.......... ..........

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngirish View Post
    He's an ar*ehole that's why people dislike him.

I personally hope to never see him again in an Ireland shirt as it will devalue the honour associated with representing this proud country to allow him to do so.
    its come now that we shouldn be saying that hes refusing .. it should be knowledge tat hes not wanted anyone.. we need players who want to play and will put it in. . cant even tell the fans why he doesn want to be considered for selection... someone should just just put this story to bed and move on.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conormack View Post
    someone should just just put this story to bed and move on.

Yes and that someone is SI who should just be honest and come out and say CLEARLY for a change that he doesnt want to play for Ireland now and does not see that changing at any point in the future.

I pity the management team that in every press conference seem to have to answer questions about a player that does not want to play for his country. And this is despite the fact that the team has had the best start to a campaign in years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    http://www.stephenireland.com/matchr...IL-INTERVIEW-6

"INSIDE THE MIND OF STEPHEN IRELAND"

Echo........ Echo............

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Ian Ladyman

a
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    He's a creep. He knows his reputation is in tatters as he is a traitior to his country, all of a sudden this charity pops up so we can all say what a great lad he is.

I for one will not be fooled by this poisonous **** and his PR stunt!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    It was up to Ireland to make contact and I think he needs a clear message that its up to him to resolve the situation.

He's been pandered to enough and he needs to grow up.
    I'll just re-iterate what I said above on this thread in January 2008!!

Time to move on, I reckon.
    Quoting years at random since 1975

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,334 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingdomkerry View Post
    He's a creep. He knows his reputation is in tatters as he is a traitior to his country, all of a sudden this charity pops up so we can all say what a great lad he is.

I for one will not be fooled by this poisonous **** and his PR stunt!
    It's not "all of a sudden", he's been running it for some time now.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I think he deserves alot worse and I know many of my work collegues and friends have a lot worse to say about him.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    785 Posts
    Save your traitorous insults for Andy O Brien or Stephen Carr, I don't think SI deserves them.
    Why is kingdomkerry a traitor for calling Ireland a creep
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    207 Posts
    We've all done something we've regretted but have been too embarrassed to address the issue at the time so just let it be and try not to think of it. Stephen isn't so different, he's never said he doesn't want to play for Ireland he's just not prepared to confront the issue right now, I'm sure he will when he's ready. It's frustrating for everyone else because how good he is but lets not forget Paddy Kenny did the exact same thing because of his personal problems, but nobody apparently cares since he's not a top class player.

Being disappointed in his inability to handle the situation? Fine. Being fed up of the issue constantly being brought up when there's no new developments in the case? Fair.
    But acting like Stephen Ireland is some sort of despicable traitorous vermin is ridiculous. And comments like the below are just plain bad form.

Save your traitorous insults for Andy O Brien or Stephen Carr, I don't think SI deserves them.

Well said Ciaran. This is why I save my most intense frustration for Trapp, Brady and the FAI. It's obvious we are dealing with an immature indivudual who is having difficulty dealing with the fall-out from a deeply regrettable and idiotic lapse of judgement. Yet they dont give any impression that they actually understand the issue or are equiped to deal with him. I have said it before, and I know there are very few who sympathise with this sentiment, but we are paying these people to manage, and that goes beyond tactics and training. It also involves managing people and being able to deal with the sort of personnel issues that middle managers in companies up and down this country face day in day out. Saying "its up to him" and admitting that the only direct commuincation with Ireland was via a fax on Xmas day is pitiful.