Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fans Forum saturday

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Fans Forum saturday

What should myself and Marty be raising on behalf of Longford Fans ?

leave your thoughts here or PM us

Thanks
    Denis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    AIL

The ludicrous fines for fans trying to create atmosphere at games

The general eircom league matchday needs to be looked at entertainment before and during

The timing of matches. days etc

When will the fixtures be out?

Should the season not start earlier so the fai cup final - our showpiece
    event - is not held in gale like conditions

10 team league wont work if the regional clubs arent developed

Centre's of excellence set out by genesis, where are they

Will the new highlights package provided by rte contain 1st division highlights

What measures are being looked out to improve attendance

Club promotions officers, half funded by the fai, are they working, should more emphasis not be placed on full time club officers, such as secrateries, treasurers etc.

How come this fans forum was not highlighted earlier among clubs , and is there plans to ensure all clubs keep their fans - the lifeblood of the clubs - in the know at all times of issues regarding their clubs

Should Clubs like sunderland be allowed over on marketing missions durng our season, especially if it interferes with our season

Is the new 'a' league viable long term?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabs88 View Post
    AIL

The ludicrous fines for fans trying to create atmosphere at games

The general eircom league matchday needs to be looked at entertainment before and during

The timing of matches. days etc

When will the fixtures be out?

event - is not held in gale like conditions

10 team league wont work if the regional clubs arent developed

Centre's of excellence set out by genesis, where are they

Will the new highlights package provided by rte contain 1st division highlights

What measures are being looked out to improve attendance

Club promotions officers, half funded by the fai, are they working, should more emphasis not be placed on full time club officers, such as secrateries, treasurers etc.

How come this fans forum was not highlighted earlier among clubs , and is there plans to ensure all clubs keep their fans - the lifeblood of the clubs - in the know at all times of issues regarding their clubs

Should Clubs like sunderland be allowed over on marketing missions durng our season, especially if it interferes with our season

Is the new 'a' league viable long term?
    They'll say health and safety

I agree with you there, even if it was only a fan shoot out or something on the pitch.

Ban GAA

European free market. Clubs like Pats always will have others over to make a few quid from an English league side.

Just my thoughts on a few of your suggestions.
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    An word on the fans forums today lads?

Any new information?
    Reporter: "Gordan, can we have a quick word?"
    Strachan:"Velocity"

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabs88 View Post
    How come this fans forum was not highlighted earlier among clubs
    Supporters' clubs were contacted in early December.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    The ludicrous fines for fans trying to create atmosphere at games NOT GOING TO CHANGE THE FAI HAVE TO COMPLY WITH GOVERNMENT LEGISLATI

The timing of matches. days etc LOOKS LIKE MONDAY NIGHT FOOTIE NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

When will the fixtures be out? NEXT WEEK SEASON STARTS 7TH MARCH

event - is not held in gale like conditions NOTHING HAPPENING FAI RECKON TWO WEEKS AFTER THE LEAGUE FINISH IS THE BEST TIME TO HAVE IT . THEY RECKON THAT IT WAS EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES IE LANDSDOWNE RD RUGBY RICO THAT CONTRIBUTED TO IT.

What measures are being looked out to improve attendance - BETTER ADVERTISING OF THE LOI IRELAND MODEL INSTEAD OF CELTIC LOI. LOYALTY CARDS WERE VERY SUCCESSFUL FOR PARTICULAR CLUBS, MENTION IF CLUBS GET MORE PROFESSIONAL INVEST IN CORPORATE BOXES GREAT POTENTIAL IN IT. GALWAY UTDS MARKETING MODEL WON AWARDS IN IRELAND SO IT SEEMS TO BE THE WAY TO GO

TOLD THAT AT CERTAIN EIRCOM LEAGUE CLUBS CPOS HAVE BEING PROMOTED TO SECRETARY /TREASURER.. CERTAIN LOI CLUBS CPOS DID AN EXCEPTIONAL JOB IN GETTING MORE BUMS ON SEATS. SOME LOI CLUBS WERE ABUSING THIS PRIVILEGE AND USING THEM TO FULFIL OTHER ROLES IN THE CLUB. THIS HAS BEING STOPPED

How come this fans forum was not highlighted earlier among clubs , and is there plans to ensure all clubs keep their fans - the lifeblood of the clubs - in the know at all times of issues regarding their clubs . AN EMAIL WAS SENT TO DIFFERENT SCS IN DECEMBER I ONLY FOUND OUT MYSELF LAST WK. INCREASED FOCUS ON EMAIL COMMUNICATION TO INDIV SUPPORTERS,

Is the new 'a' league viable long term? THEY RECKON IT WILL. ENCOURAGES NEWLY BLOODED CLUBS TO FIND THIER FEET IN THE LEAGUE FIRST AND WORK THEIR WAY UP. CLUBS THAT ARE REALLY STRUGLLING IN THE FIRST DIV CAN GO DOWN TO THE A LEAGUE TO FIND THEIR FEET AGAIN.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Frustrated Fan

The ludicrous fines for fans trying to create atmosphere at games NOT GOING TO CHANGE THE FAI HAVE TO COMPLY WITH GOVERNMENT LEGISLATI

What government legislation?

The FAI should forget about petty fines for flares and the like and get on with the real job @ hand.

Promoting the leagues and ensuring their viability through community events and assistance with regards financial planning and management.
    Respect for the fans who part with their cash to go to matches,better training and facilities for young kids to foster their love for a team with the aim of forging an identity with the club which they will have for life.

Since when has a flare or a fog horn injured somebody in a league of ireland match?
    The FAI should stick to the Bread and butter

The fans forum is only vehicle for the FAI to demonstrate that it is an organization which is transparent,inclusive and in touch with the common fan.......
    From my experience this is far from the truth.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mullogher View Post

What government legislation?

The FAI should forget about petty fines for flares and the like and get on with the real job @ hand.

Promoting the leagues and ensuring their viability through community events and assistance with regards financial planning and management.
    Respect for the fans who part with their cash to go to matches,better training and facilities for young kids to foster their love for a team with the aim of forging an identity with the club which they will have for life.

Since when has a flare or a fog horn injured somebody in a league of ireland match?
    The FAI should stick to the Bread and butter

The fans forum is only vehicle for the FAI to demonstrate that it is an organization which is transparent,inclusive and in touch with the common fan.......
    From my experience this is far from the truth.

Basic health and safety governing any public place i think. Plus i believe there are insurance issues also.
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by max power View Post
    Basic health and safety governing any public place i think. Plus i believe there are insurance issues also.
    and what health and safety rules are till rolls/toilet rolls breaching? I wonder what excuse the FAI can come up with for them.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    Flares are for emergency/distress use only.
    Celebrating 130 Years of Athlone Town Football Club - Pride of the Midlands Since 1887

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atfconline View Post
    Flares are for emergency/distress use only.
    I know flares are illegal[unless at sea obviously] and it's fair enough but makes me think then though why don't people get arrested for letting them off so?
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    and what health and safety rules are till rolls/toilet rolls breaching? I wonder what excuse the FAI can come up with for them.
    Ever get hit on the head with a till roll? believe me it hurts!
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    ever had to go around afterwards and clean them up ??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    that's hardly a health and safety issue, which is what sligoman was asking about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by De Town View Post
    that's hardly a health and safety issue, which is what sligoman was asking about.
    Exactly De Town. People throwing sweet wrappers/cans of coke etc. are also hard to go around afterwards to clean up, we don't get fined or ban them though.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by De Town View Post
    I said health and safety re flares and not toilet rolls.

Sligoman to say that a crisp bag/coke can is the same as a roll of toilet baby everywhere is clutching at straws. In wet grounds toilet paper get everywhere and is a nightmare to clean up. I'm not saying i'm against it just giving legit reasons for not allow it.

Do you honestly need toilet paper to create atmosphere ???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Do you honestly need toilet paper to create atmosphere ???
    I personally think toilet roll is **** but till rolls do improve atmosphere. Especially when other things such as flares etc. are banned, they should be easing up on little things like the use of till rolls. If they give a little then they might get a little, rather than just taking over the league and fining clubs for stupid things imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    I said health and safety re flares and not toilet rolls.
    fair enough

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I personally think toilet roll is **** but till rolls do improve atmosphere. Especially when other things such as flares etc. are banned, they should be easing up on little things like the use of till rolls. If they give a little then they might get a little, rather than just taking over the league and fining clubs for stupid things imo.
    till rolls i don't care about. But flares i have no time for personally.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Having said that we wern't fined for toilet or till roll all season were we?
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast