Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you work as?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Tribe View Post
    heh heh. I just can't wait to hear you and Lim til i die arguing on Saturday
    It's going to be crazy. I'm not going to talk at all for the next few days, rest the vocal chords so that I can unleash them with all my venomous fury on Saturday. We'll need you to be at your refereeing best.

No don't worry, if I do start arguing when I'm drunk, rarely happens, I usually stop pretty quickly as I realise my argument is bs or the other person is immovable. I can usually tell one or the other within thirty seconds.

I like that opposite ends idea though, let the tension build as we eye-ball each other to death. I can tell you I won't be backing down, no matter if I ruin everyone's night. I'm more important, and that's final.
    Last edited by kingdom hoop; 28/11/2007 at 10:56 AM.

International Prospect Green Tribe's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    It'll be entertaining as we'll probably have handbags with AntoMcC, soccerc and Schloooomp at the other end also

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    It'll be entertaining as we'll probably have handbags with AntoMcC, soccerc and Schloooomp at the other end also
    Don't expect fireworks from me. I get very mellow after a pint or two.

I'll leave the handbagging and mascara applying to the younger generation
    http://pix.ie/widgets/generate/accou...000-F5F5FF.jpg

"It's time for the FAI to grow up." John O'Donoghue, Minister for Sport, RTE , Sunday 7 Nov 2004

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    As long as us girls dont start fighting. It will be ok. Have heard Flannagans is a bit of a muddy pit........

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    I already gave you a round of applause for coming around to agreement with my point

A point you missed and argued with in the first place!!!

So now that we've found that common ground

Come back to me after you've had an objective look at the last few pages.

Specifically, look at my first post this morning. Then tell me how we've found the common ground. You made absolutely no comment on my culture/development point as a part explanation for why men or women fall into certain industries!!! So how could we have possibly found the common ground when you can't even acknowledge where I'm standing??

Oh and I never argued with your point at all. I just said it was too simplistic a way of explaining things for my liking. Which it still is.

Lol, I'll make it my business then to have this issue resolved by Saturday! To leave time for what is truly important, slagging Bluebeard for his Longford Town gaffe! I'm very much like soccerc, it'll be all love, peace and happiness as far as I'm concerned, with an appropriate splash of shenanigans and tomfoolery thrown in here and there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicme View Post
    As long as us girls dont start fighting. It will be ok. Have heard Flannagans is a bit of a muddy pit........
    Are the girls heading for the mud wrestling pit ? (look all text, no smilies)
    AidoM

Starting on the long pilgrimage to South Africa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    No Aido, how could you think that? *feigns horror*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    heh heh, get back on the xmas meet-up thread then and draw us up an agenda!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AidoM View Post
    Are the girls heading for the mud wrestling pit ? (look all text, no smilies)
    No, kingdom hoop and Lim til i die are though...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Now that I would pay good money to see!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicme View Post
    Now that I would pay good money to see!!
    I bet you would

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    IT Technical Support for a company which deals with River Flow Surveys (we do a lot of work in Ireland coincidentally, including a project on the Camac a few years back and a recent trip to Sligo)

I spent the majority of this morning writing a formula in Excel to take raw data strings and convert them into the correct UK Postcode Format.

IF(LEN(C1)=7,LEFT(C1,4)&" "&RIGHT(C1,3),IF(LEN(C1)=6,LEFT(C1,3)&" "&RIGHT(C1,3),IF(LEN(C1)=5,LEFT(C1,2)&" "&RIGHT(C1,3))))
    Kom Igen, FCK...

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    ah damn its a pity i wont be there for the meetup

It wont be the same without me.....
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingdom hoop View Post
    if I do start arguing when I'm drunk, rarely happens, I usually stop pretty quickly as I realise my argument is bs
    You'll never make it as a lawyer with an attitude like that!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    ah damn its a pity i wont be there for the meetup

It wont be the same without me.....
    Come on Paul, Bluebeard is making the pilgrimage over from London on Saturday. Don't be giving us these frowns, just do it! And don't try tell us you actually have something to do on Saturday.

I very much doubt your jager-bombing capability by the way, and will continue to do so until I see it in action.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRedArmy View Post
    You'll never make it as a lawyer with an attitude like that!
    Very true. Maybe I'm not cut out for it. Though I'm sure the fine art of mendacity will be beaten into me in lawyer school! It's funny though, if my posts here are anything to go by, presumably they are, then I tend to look for mutual satisfaction as against staunch protection of my views. Must mean I'll be an arbitrator/mediator type lawyer and not a criminal one.

Actually, I've had a change of heart of late, or daily vacillation more like, and am leaning more towards a career in the foreign service as a path towards ultimately ending up as President of this fair country. I'd love to work in the Irish Embassy in say Buenos Aires for a few years. Must look into it.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingdom hoop View Post
    Kev, like LTID, you've missed my point by picking out an isolated comment instead of looking at my general point. (curiously though you won't see me lobbing sarky similies and red-faced men at you)

I clearly said in my most recent post that I saw stereotyping as a major problem in this discussion, as a barrier to letting each individual find their right career path.
    While in general I tend to enjoy your posts, they are sometimes long winded and admittedly I didnt read the entire thing on this occassion.

However the statement I quoted, which you made, is sexist, and I make no apolgies for pointing it out. It kind of flies in the face of the general point you were making.

As for the smilies, I like to use them, some people dont, does it really matter ?
    LTID

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevB76 View Post
    While in general I tend to enjoy your posts, they are sometimes long winded and admittedly I didnt read the entire thing on this occassion.

However the statement I quoted, which you made, is sexist, and I make no apolgies for pointing it out. It kind of flies in the face of the general point you were making.

As for the smilies, I like to use them, some people dont, does it really matter ?
    Nice, I've liked your posts too. But yeah that long-windedness is something that needs curbing. I generally, as I'm doing now , try to explain things as best as possible to get as full a picture as possible, so I don't know what will be forsaken. I also tend to think and type so often new thoughts come into my head as I progress and I don't want to leave them out. I also have a tendency to share my opinions at will so I'm sure you see my problem! Maybe I'll make a little plan of where I'm going first. (this is not a test case)

I appreciate that "men on average would tend to do the job a bit better" seems sexist on first reading if taken out of context. So I would try to acquit myself from such a shameful tag as I said 'on average' (which was intended to rule out those like your sisters) and the 'do it better' thing is because I was probably thinking that as the sector is male dominated it should mean that men are more suited/attracted to it for whatever reasons, and if they are suited to it then they should do the job better. Sorry for any confusion.

As for smilies, fire away, I was probably just feeling sorry for myself that I don't use the negative ones all that much and yet there I was not thinking I did anything wrong but being faced with a barrage of what in truth are only small little faces that shouldn't bother me in the slightest.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Come on Paul, Bluebeard is making the pilgrimage over from London on Saturday. Don't be giving us these frowns, just do it! And don't try tell us you actually have something to do on Saturday.
    thats cos bluebeard has no friends over here and its his only time to go out. Even though I told him I would bring him out and introduce him to the other kind i.e. females he has declined

Nice try on the reverse psychology, but I am well aware of my capabilities, besides if i wasn't the receipts from tiger tiger prove so - £150, i started to buy myself 2 becks and 2 jagerbombs on the cc to make the required purchase amount as the lads kept going awol still great night.

Would love to make it,but after having a big gang of mates over the weekend before last, the parents over this weekend, a giant HDTV costing £750 plus £400 on amp and speakers etc I am unbelieveably broke, so much so I had to get my father to help out with my management fees for the flat
    Last edited by paul_oshea; 28/11/2007 at 1:35 PM.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    All sounds a bit convoluted to be true.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast