Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Brazil Game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Brazil Game

Was watching the Premiership earlier there seems to be alot of Ireland players playing well. Made me think maybe if we eventually get a manager in place and with no injuries we could give Brazil a right rattle

Given
    Finnan
    Dunne
    O Brien/McShane
    O Shea
    Ireland
    Duff
    McGeady
    Carsley
    Keane
    Doyle

All in good form maybe doubts over finnan and duff for obvious reasons

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    I don't believe for one second that we'll have a manager by then. If for no reason, I bet Don Givens would love the chance to manage the team against Brazil, even if it meant dragging out the process a little longer.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We should give them a good game alright on the night, i dont expect many of the brazilian superstars to turn up though, i could be wrong but many of them will cry off from a cold night in Dublin for a nothing match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Is it just me that doesnt give a damn about this game. It is a bloody friendly, at home as per usual(IMO we should be trying to get more away friendlies). I cant see what is too be learned from this match and will be much more loking forward to those players you mentioned strutting their stuff in games suc as Montenegro and Bulgaria away i.e. games that are vitally important instead of this money spinner for the FAI. I too am very excited about the squad at the moment but to be honest i couldnt give a damn how they do against Brazil

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew1977 View Post
    We should give them a good game alright on the night, i dont expect many of the brazilian superstars to turn up though, i could be wrong but many of them will cry off from a cold night in Dublin for a nothing match.
    When they played in February 2004, they had 8 of their 2002 World Cup winning team in the line-up. I am not sure if it would be the cold night that they didn't fancy but in that game after about 5 minutes Kilbane and Graham Kavanagh gave Gilberto Silva a real Irish welcome with a crunching double tackle. They didnt fancy it much after that.
    Honest! I am not a secret Tim nor a closet Sham - I really am a Seagull.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carloz View Post
    Is it just me that doesnt give a damn about this game. It is a bloody friendly, at home as per usual(IMO we should be trying to get more away friendlies). I cant see what is too be learned from this match and will be much more loking forward to those players you mentioned strutting their stuff in games suc as Montenegro and Bulgaria away i.e. games that are vitally important instead of this money spinner for the FAI. I too am very excited about the squad at the moment but to be honest i couldnt give a damn how they do against Brazil
    You and me both mate, i'm much more looking forward to the Serbia game in May. I certinally dont begrudge the FAI trying to cash in on the Brazil game though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I remember the last match Roberto Carlos going mad at himself for accidentally hitting the ball out for a throw. A couple of Brazil players also had a row on the pitch. They took it more seriously than people say.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Half of Tuam is from Brazil they'll be up for the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    dont really care about the game at all
    cant see us looking forward to more than a few "irish welcomes" to kaka and co.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    we properly win this game 3-0 as we have nothing to play for.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Think Brazil will be docked some of the match fee if certain players are not playing. So their star names will almost certainly be out.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    chances are brazil will have most of their big players playing. with lots of them playing in europe already its easier for brazil to play friendlies in europe rather than bring their players home for matches
    Saint Patricks Athletic Fans Team. Eircom League Supporters Cup Champions 2006. P3 W2 D1 L0 F3 A0. Thats why we're champions, Thats why we're champions, Thats why.............

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    McShane.......Oh god no!!!!
    Awful

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by green army View Post
    chances are brazil will have most of their big players playing. with lots of them playing in europe already its easier for brazil to play friendlies in europe rather than bring their players home for matches
    Agreed. Is it not also a pre-requisite in charging an exhorbitant fee that their top players must turn up.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carloz View Post
    Ya me too, although playing Brazil will give a nice little buzz about Irish football in Feb which is needed. Dont expect much of an atmosphere in croker though. Our wishlist for the next few months is the installation of a good manager and a favourable fixture list.