Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time For Magee+finnin To Go

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Time For Magee+finnin To Go

Lads The Club Is Gone Downhill For The Last 2months On And Off The Field Its Time For The Lads To Go No Sign Of It Getting Better Even Sponsors Are Pulling Out They See The Club As A Waste Of Time And Money

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Another pointless negative thread

PS. whats the idea hehind your unique writing style
    Last edited by First; 03/09/2007 at 11:01 AM. Reason: spelling

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    Time For The Dazzler To Go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    Time For The Dazzler To Go.
    im only saying what other people are thinking magee has lost interest and jackman park is still the same ****hole as last year nothing been done behind the scenes give someone else a chance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He has made some funny decisions namely letting David Wall leave, But patience is a virtue... Lets hope the under 21s start to produce some quality players, while i don't believe there is any need for 21's. Wouldn't most players who have the ability be in the squad for the senior side by the time they are 18. Reserves would be a better option along with youths...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by First View Post
    Another pointless negative thread

PS. whats the idea hehind your unique writing style

Spell checked!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I know I've been pretty vocal in pointing out the inadequacies of the club in recent times. My opinions have not really changed. I still believe that Finnin is a chancer, and a spoofer of the highest order. I also agree that McGee is an arsehole and looking out of his depth as a manager.

However, there is nobody else running the club, or looking to so it seems that we are stuck with Herr Finnin. As for Mr. McGoo, sorry, McGee, it simply will cost too much money to sack him (if he actually is on a contract like the club says) and we can't afford to hire another one.

Loathe to say it, but I think now the best option would be to bring back O'Connor. He would gladly do the job for free I'd say because for all his faults, nobody can question his commitment to Limerick soccer over the past 10 years, most of which he did for free anyway.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gael353 View Post
    Spell checked!
    Typo
    I'll update this next year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the dazzler View Post
    Sponsors Are Pulling Out They See The Club As A Waste Of Time And Money
    name one
    Limerick 3:7
    "Marvel not that I said unto thee, ye must be born again"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    give someone else a chance
    Suggest someone then, I hear Roman and Jose might have had a bit of a run in again, maybe a few years with us would help their situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PinBallWizard View Post

Loathe to say it, but I think now the best option would be to bring back O'Connor. He would gladly do the job for free I'd say because for all his faults, nobody can question his commitment to Limerick soccer over the past 10 years, most of which he did for free anyway.
    Why on the one hand would you say something I agree with (McGee is being found out as a manager) and then go and ruin it on the next by saying we should bring back the Butcher, a man who has been found wanting in the management department himself as a Limerick manager? If we get rid of McGee we need to look for someone fresh, not someone who has some negative history with the players, and someone who has a love of negative football that drives crowds away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Lads The Club Is Gone Downhill For The Last 2months On And Off The Field Its Time For The Lads To Go No Sign Of It Getting Better Even Sponsors Are Pulling Out They See The Club As A Waste Of Time And Money
    They haven't even completed the season in a newly formed club and you want them out? To be replaced by who? Being a realist, I'd expect us to be in Division 1 for another 2 seasons AT LEAST. That squad is not capable of getting promoted. The players there just aren't good enough. Nor is the club capable of becoming a premier league club yet, we've just been formed! We're not experienced enough off the field. You have to crawl before you can walk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4tothefloor View Post
    That squad is not capable of getting promoted. The players there just aren't good enough.
    Can't agree with you there. A first division squad containing Jimmy Fyffe, Paul Finucane, Pat Purcell, Tommy Barrett, Wayne Colbert, Kevin Waters, Padraig Moran and Derek McCarthy should definitely be getting promoted.

That, and the astronomic wage bill....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap View Post
    Can't agree with you there. A first division squad containing Jimmy Fyffe, Paul Finucane, Pat Purcell, Tommy Barrett, Wayne Colbert, Kevin Waters, Padraig Moran and Derek McCarthy should definitely be getting promoted.

That, and the astronomic wage bill....
    Jimmy Fyffe - Decent keeper, but there's better out there
    Paul Finucane - Having an off season if you ask me
    Tommy Barrett - Over-rated in my opinion, hasn't done much since he came back, also CM is not his best position
    Wayne Colbert - Hasn't performed since his return and has done little to justify the hype
    Padraig Moran - Don't even know why you singled him out. Best days are behind him
    Derek McCarthy - Derek is a good squad player, but we will never win the league or get promoted with him as our main striker.

Purcell and Waters I'll give you.

As for the wage bill, there's a few senior players I'd be showing the door to at the end of the season. In certain positions there is as good if not better in the U21's squad and if I were the club I'd promote these guys cos they're hungrier, cheaper and can develop in to decent players. The likes of Tierney, Clarke and Harrington are the clubs future and they've already shown they are well capable at this level. Give them a few years and they could be unreal. Some of our best players in recent years such as O'Mahoney, Sugrue, O'Flynn etc were young players at the time and there's no reason why the latest batch can't do the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    "Sponsors Are Pulling Out They See The Club As A Waste Of Time And Money" - the dazzler

"Name one" - the limerick

" ....... " - the dazzler

If you cannot back up these "stories" which themselves are damaging to the club that you "care" so much about I suggest you find yourself a new hobby.
    Limerick 3:7
    "Marvel not that I said unto thee, ye must be born again"

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 4tothefloor View Post
    They haven't even completed the season in a newly formed club and you want them out? To be replaced by who? Being a realist, I'd expect us to be in Division 1 for another 2 seasons AT LEAST. That squad is not capable of getting promoted. The players there just aren't good enough. Nor is the club capable of becoming a premier league club yet, we've just been formed! We're not experienced enough off the field. You have to crawl before you can walk.
    that squad you mention is one of the most experienced and well paid squads in the league and according to many a similar squad under the butcher ..should...have been promoted.yes it is a new club,but in trems of admin only real difference is nutbag DD is gone.certainly agree that some senior players have to be shown the door ...and it was skee who signed them....was,n it.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Cobh Ramblers look like they could well win the division and anybody who thinks that Jimmy Fyffe, Paul Finucane, Derek McCarthy, Tommy Barrett and Wayne Colbert wouldn't figure for them is just plain wrong. This isn't a great side but it's a good one and definitely good enough to get out of this division with a bit of luck and a competent manager at the helm.

That said it would be ridiculous to show anybody the door at this point in the season and whatever about McGee it would be lunacy to push Finnin towards the exit. Whatever mistakes he's made he's put in time and effort and the club is certainly no worse off than last year. Next season is the time to judge the off field activities to see if progress can be maintained.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    Cobh Ramblers look like they could well win the division and anybody who thinks that Jimmy Fyffe, Paul Finucane, Derek McCarthy, Tommy Barrett and Wayne Colbert wouldn't figure for them is just plain wrong.
    If they were that good we'd be promoted long ago. Jimmy Fyffe and Derek McCarthy have failed miserably when they moved to other clubs, that tells you something. Paul Finucane is usually sound but this season he seems to be off form. It's a good job it's Paddy Purcell and not Anthony Wolfe that he's playing longside, otherwise we'd be a lot further down the table. Wayne Colbert has done absolutely nothing to justify the hype, maybe he's being played out of position, but I just don't see what all the fuss is about. I hope he proves me wrong. Tommy Barrett is a decent player, but he has no football. He's limited and I never expected him to improve us greatly simply because he is not that good technically. I've been watching this group of players now since the first Noel O'Connor stint in charge. They are not good enough to get promoted, even with John Gill in charge. They've gone a bit stale and things need to be freshened up a bit. Just my opinion.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

jackman park is still the same ****hole as last year nothing been done behind the scenes give someone else a chance
    Ok Im guessing you werent at the quiz night where plans were produced for Jackman Park plus an explanation for its delay. And starting threads like that and surrounding the club with a negative vibe is only going to make our situation worse as people wont bother coming to matches if there is a negative image of the club in the city. Time for Dazzler to go IMO!!
    For all the latest League of Ireland news visit www.extratime.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L37Ultra View Post
    Ok Im guessing you werent at the quiz night where plans were produced for Jackman Park plus an explanation for its delay. And starting threads like that and surrounding the club with a negative vibe is only going to make our situation worse as people wont bother coming to matches if there is a negative image of the club in the city. Time for Dazzler to go IMO!!
    Not to mention that Dazzler falls into the ol' Junior habit of making out we own Jackman Park and are responsible for it's complete upkeep, that is until they need to point out that without them and their ground we would be homeless

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast