Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TC Watch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

TC Watch

I be interested to know how TC faired out tonight, tactics, substitutions, etc...perhaps a few of the lads can fill me in whenever they get home...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    ooh god...dont get too much into the result the performance was terrible..but we did have only 10 men for the most part!!

played wes...LEFT!!. lester middle with fitzy and keane right...and had o'halloran in the middle!!!...would have made more sense to sitch wes with lester and lester with greg.... decided to play cookie on the right... was a waste of a player really!!.... robson played in the middle with lester and done ok!

i missed our first because it was right after drogs 2nd and i was in bits and wasnt looking so cant comment on it!!... our 2nd was a fluke it was a cross frm derek and the goalie punched it into the net without any pressure on him...was comical really!!!.

basically the players saved tony again wouldnt put it doewn to tactical genius.... his initial team and tactics put us 2-0 down.... and was a freak we managed 2 at the end as we barely applied any pressure!!
    There's the right way, the wrong way.... and the Max Power way!! :-D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Not putting too much emphasis on the performance, I say we just had a bit of grit and luck in the end...Drogs could have taken the foot off the pedal with the game in the bag...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    That's a bit of a harsh post gilberto.

We didn't deserve a point but I think tactically Cousins got it about right. We'd frustrated Drogheda for 70 minutes without them getting any clear cut chances. Wes was terrible at left back and Cooke isn't good enough for the Premier at all but Drogheda had won 7 of their 10 home games this season and are easily the best team in the league so we were always going to struggle with a few players missing.

I thought Robson had a good game and Keane did v well in the second half and fair play to the players for not giving up as when they got their second I was sure it was all over.

To say the players got Cousins out of a hole is a joke and I'm sure you've been posting on other threads about how the players haven't been pulling their weight. Losing at home to Bray and Waterford are terrible results but only Drogheda have a better away record than us this season. Once we get our first home win of the season I'm sure more will come.
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_GUFC View Post
    .....only Drogheda have a better away record than us this season.
    is that true????

amazing if it is!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Yup. Drogs have taken 24 points on the road, the next best is 15 points, which Utd, Cork, Shams, Sligo and Pats have all managed. Drogs have only lost once away from home (against Pats) followed by both United and Derry with just 2 losses. Our away form is remarkable, all that is need is a couple of wins at home, and who better to kick-start that against than Sligo?
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    If J.C. said its True. Gilberto doesnt even explain why Tony picked the team he did.

We were missing Regi and John Russell from the UCD Game so obviously he had too make 2 changes and rather than push Wes back in centre half where he has struggled lately he put him left back moved Lester back to Centre Half where he had a stormer with John Fitzgerald (mom and best signing we have made) and pushed Keano to Right Back. He moved Greg O'Halloran to Center Mid where he had a great game and brought Cookie in Right side.

We were under the Kosh even with 11 so it was no surprise that he left Glynn plough a lone furrow when O'flynn was sent off and placed two solid banks of four which dealt with everything Drogheda threw at them until they pushed Shane Robinson out wide and got the breakthrough and then Tony Introduced Vinny Flah for Wes and tried to sneak a goal Drogheda scored again and then we fought like tigers and got our reward.

We created chances throughout and Lester,Murphs,Glynn,O'Brien and Lester all went close so dont believe the biased reports from Drogs Fans in the Mirror and Star today. We got a fantastic result and everyone deserved it Tony,The Players and the 50 odd fans who still showed belief even when 2 goals down with 10 men away to the Title Favourites.
    We are the Galway Boys Stand up and make some noise"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_GUFC View Post
    That's a bit of a harsh post gilberto.

We didn't deserve a point but I think tactically Cousins got it about right. We'd frustrated Drogheda for 70 minutes without them getting any clear cut chances. Wes was terrible at left back and Cooke isn't good enough for the Premier at all but Drogheda had won 7 of their 10 home games this season and are easily the best team in the league so we were always going to struggle with a few players missing.

I thought Robson had a good game and Keane did v well in the second half and fair play to the players for not giving up as when they got their second I was sure it was all over.

To say the players got Cousins out of a hole is a joke and I'm sure you've been posting on other threads about how the players haven't been pulling their weight. Losing at home to Bray and Waterford are terrible results but only Drogheda have a better away record than us this season. Once we get our first home win of the season I'm sure more will come.
    to the best of my knowledge i havent actually, go dig it up before ya go making accusations!.... even if someone did say that before that doesnt make sense that they couldnt pull it together at any stage!!.

wasnt at UCD so cant comment on should we have deserved it, but to say Tonys tactics reaped the 2 late goals is far-fetched. even one of the subs he made was wrong(left cookie on and took glynn off for fagen). it was a freak that got us out of last night but i think we are due a bit of luck at this stage.... wasnt tonys making,what game were u watching!!
    There's the right way, the wrong way.... and the Max Power way!! :-D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Jesus Wept we must have the hardest to please fans anywhere. I was getting texts from all over the country last night conratulating GUFC yet we still have our own moan club going strong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    I don't think anyone is moaning. Everyone must be thrilled at taking a point from Drogheda, it is just they are making the point that it wasn't deserved. Not deserving a point and not being thrilled to get one ar two completely different things. I don't deserve to have a massive schlong, but that doesn;t mean I am not thrilled to have one ;0)
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufct View Post
    and the 50 odd fans who still showed belief even when 2 goals down with 10 men away to the Title Favourites.
    it would have been 51 except .....

Quote Originally Posted by gilberto_eire View Post
    i missed our first because it was right after drogs 2nd and i was in bits and wasnt looking so cant comment on it!!...

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy View Post
    Yup. Drogs have taken 24 points on the road, the next best is 15 points, which Utd, Cork, Shams, Sligo and Pats have all managed. Drogs have only lost once away from home (against Pats) followed by both United and Derry with just 2 losses. Our away form is remarkable, all that is need is a couple of wins at home, and who better to kick-start that against than Sligo?
    dream on

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by baileban View Post
    Congratulatory phone calls from all over the country??? What happened while I was asleep?? Did we finally win a trophy?? Oh no just drew again!
    You might want to upgrade your phone gufct - if we ever win something your phone will explode!!!
    Texts john from GUFC Fans because there was no coverage on GBFM or RTE .You see some people actually do care what happens and dont want to have a go at the club everytime they can.

I had a real bright spark at the game telling me I was in it for the money and we were all ******* and ten minutes later he was throwing his jersey to Murphs to get the team to autograph it for him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    We'll see on Friday Life long red
    "Are those my feet" Fr Jack Hackett

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I had a real bright spark at the game telling me I was in it for the money .
    Idiot.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tir Oilean View Post
    We'll see on Friday Life long red
    same old story cant win at home 2-0 rovers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I had a real bright spark at the game telling me I was in it for the money...
    Don't forget the sex, drugs and rock and roll gufct...hedonistic times at Galway Utd these days...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KoemansCC View Post
    I be interested to know how TC faired out tonight, tactics, substitutions, etc...perhaps a few of the lads can fill me in whenever they get home...
    So back on topic again, was the point garnished due to TC's tactics, players determination and fight until the final whistle or just some badly deserved luck?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by life long red View Post
    same old story cant win at home 2-0 rovers
    It will happen and when it does I predict it will happen in style.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    As I said earlier I fancy our chances on friday and Sligo wont have it easy tonight . I could see tonights game being a real battle with plenty of cards and injuries.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast