Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Showgrounds redevelopment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Showgrounds redevelopment

Has planning permission being given or even applied for the redevelopment of the Shed end? According to the match programme a couple of months ago the turnstiles should have been installed by the Longford game.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by red bellied View Post
    the turnstiles should have been installed by the Longford game.....
    Toolan himself promised this at the forum thing a while back. I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Trader View Post
    No they are going to try and get them in for the Shams game.
    They'd certainly need to or else I can see a lot of hassle at the gate if we run out of tickets again.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by red bellied View Post
    Has planning permission being given or even applied for the redevelopment of the Shed end?
    There is nothing in the offing at all for the Shed end. It's not listed in the development plan anymore. Orginally i thought that plan included the shed end getting a new stand with a clubhouse. This was to be the final part of the development plan as it was. From the website I now see only 3 parts to the development plan. Part 3 being the building of a coaching and development centre built into a stand. I heard from the club previously that this wud be on the jinks avenue end replacing the stand. It was supposed to have corporate boxes/meeting style rooms overlooking the pitch. It was to contain x number of seating also and a proper tv gantry for media. I dont know if this plan has changed or whether they now plan to build this at the shed end. I do know they were looking at putting in a sponsors hospitality type structure in the corner between the new stand and corner of the shed end. But dont know what happened these plans. Apparently the owner/head honcho in Tohers was putting 40k towards it. I've since heard nothing about any developments.

I'd like them to make the shed end (eventually) a major project and build a substantial structure to house a large new stand, with offices, concession spaces, clubhouse,meeting rooms etc etc in it. There's substantial space to develop something great there. However I dont think there is an plans to even turn a sod at that end for a long long while yet.
    "Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure"

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Showgrounds

There was a big article in the Champion at the start of the season about the developement of the shed end and the devopement centre coming in. As far as things are going at the club they are still planning to develope this. The most likely thing which is happening is that the club is waiting for Funding from the FAI for the devopement. If they go ahead now and start it they do not get the funding however if they wait and submit their bit it is most likely they will get it come the start of next season, which means developement probably wont start until then or maybe even next summer.

As far as the Turnstyiles go its a bloody disgrace!!! And if i was Toolan or even a member of the board i would be out their myself trying to clean up that mess the day before the match. And if i was unable to do that i would take matters into my own hands and put out a proposition to all tradesmen with an interest in helping out the business, Say that you would give them a free hoarding on the all weather pitch for 4-5 years and that you will give them a free pitchside hoarding for 1-2 years. All this for a weekends work or even a days work. A weekends work/days work would not have the turnstyiles done but would have them up to some respectable state able for taking in paying customers.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts
    I gather there are major plans to sort out a playing surface in 2029.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by avvenalaf View Post
    I gather there are major plans to sort out a playing surface in 2029.
    club hired a full-time groundsman last week so hopefully it won't take him that long
    "Even if the sun ceases to rise, Even if the sea ceases to flow, Even if the wind stops to blow, The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning, glinting star in the sky."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    I think the next phase of the development of the shed end is waiting for more funding from the Government before it can proceed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by showgies View Post
    I think the next phase of the development of the shed end is waiting for more funding from the Government before it can proceed.
    I've been told that there are plans for a centre of excellence at the shed end.
    They also had plans to include a fussball pitch in the delelopment. The FAI decided that the fussball pitch should be made to international diminsions.
    So the plans has to be re-drawn. Then it will have to go to the planning authority. I'm not sure of funding.
    That will mean no development in the near future.
    I have scattered my dreams underneath your feet, tread carefully, cos it's my dreams you walk on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Redzer View Post
    They also had plans to include a fussball pitch in the delelopment. The FAI decided that the fussball pitch should be made to international diminsions.
    one of these?

click me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SligoBrewer View Post
    one of these?

click me
    I played in something like that before for Summerhill!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    They were installing some of the turnstiles yesterday