Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: FAI Club of the Year 2007 Award

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

FAI Club of the Year 2007 Award

Manulla Football Club was awarded the FAI Club of the Year Award, in association with the Irish Daily Star. The winner, chosen by a panel of independent judges, was announced this evening at the FAI Delegates Dinner in the Malton Hotel, Killarney.

The club, which has made a tremendous contribution to football and the community, won a cheque for €5000 and a commemorative plaque. Manulla Football Club was awarded Club of the Month in February this year.

Manulla Football Club has been recognised for their achievements and displays both on and off the pitch. Founded in 1976, the Mayo outfit has grown from strength to strength in recent years with over 500 club members and boasts some of the finest facilities throughout the country.

Manulla FC has impressive 'Football in the Community Scheme', delivering coaching to young people across the region. They have ten members involved in this work throughout the area taking in all sectors such as girls, boys, intercultural and Football for All.

Last year, the club integrated non-nationals from France, USA, Mauritius, Ghana and Nigeria. The club also provides its facilities free of charge for Special Olympics and when organising their annual summer camps, emphasis is placed on people with special needs who are encouraged to undertake coach education and sports first aid courses.

€200,000 was obtained in Sports Capital Grants in 2005 to develop the clubs top class facilities which include three new dressing rooms, a gym, a shop, kit room, new kitchen and a car park. Manulla Football Club currently cater for 19 football teams from senior level to schoolboys level and women's teams. Manulla currently has an impressive 51 coaches actively involved with the club at all levels, 43 of whom are qualified by the FAI.

The winning club battled it out with eight other top class clubs, all of which had earned the award of FAI Club of the Month, for the prestigious title. Other monthly winners who were nominated for the Club of the Year Award were:

Shiven Rovers FC, Roscommon
    Villa FC, Waterford
    Salthill Devons, Galway
    Rockmount AFC, Cork
    Killarney Celtic FC, Kerry
    Ferrybank AFC, Waterford
    St. Joseph's Boys FC, Dublin
    Carrick United FC, Tipperary

The Club of the Year Awards recognises significant achievements and performances on and off the pitch. The clubs were judged on performance, facilities, coaching, disciplinary record, administration, code of ethics and contribution to the community. The award pays tribute to those who serve the game at grassroots level and recognises the achievements of these clubs and the valuable role they play in the community.

President of the FAI, David Blood, said, "It is a great achievement to win Club of the Year. I commend the many people who work tirelessly for the club at all levels and this award is a testament to the fantastic work that Manulla FC do. I have no doubt that they will continue to grow and contribute to Irish football and Irish society."
    Honest! I am not a secret Tim nor a closet Sham - I really am a Seagull.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Do Manulla have a women's section? I ask because I don't know. They should have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CollegeTillIDie View Post
    Do Manulla have a women's section? I ask because I don't know. They should have.
    They do have underage girls.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhoops View Post
    Manulla Football Club was awarded the FAI Club of the Year Award, in association with the Irish Daily Star. The winner, chosen by a panel of independent judges, was announced this evening at the FAI Delegates Dinner in the Malton Hotel, Killarney.

The club, which has made a tremendous contribution to football and the community, won a cheque for €5000 and a commemorative plaque. Manulla Football Club was awarded Club of the Month in February this year.

Manulla Football Club has been recognised for their achievements and displays both on and off the pitch. Founded in 1976, the Mayo outfit has grown from strength to strength in recent years with over 500 club members and boasts some of the finest facilities throughout the country.

Manulla FC has impressive 'Football in the Community Scheme', delivering coaching to young people across the region. They have ten members involved in this work throughout the area taking in all sectors such as girls, boys, intercultural and Football for All.

Last year, the club integrated non-nationals from France, USA, Mauritius, Ghana and Nigeria. The club also provides its facilities free of charge for Special Olympics and when organising their annual summer camps, emphasis is placed on people with special needs who are encouraged to undertake coach education and sports first aid courses.

€200,000 was obtained in Sports Capital Grants in 2005 to develop the clubs top class facilities which include three new dressing rooms, a gym, a shop, kit room, new kitchen and a car park. Manulla Football Club currently cater for 19 football teams from senior level to schoolboys level and women's teams. Manulla currently has an impressive 51 coaches actively involved with the club at all levels, 43 of whom are qualified by the FAI.

The winning club battled it out with eight other top class clubs, all of which had earned the award of FAI Club of the Month, for the prestigious title. Other monthly winners who were nominated for the Club of the Year Award were:

Shiven Rovers FC, Roscommon
    Villa FC, Waterford
    Salthill Devons, Galway
    Rockmount AFC, Cork
    Killarney Celtic FC, Kerry
    Ferrybank AFC, Waterford
    St. Joseph's Boys FC, Dublin
    Carrick United FC, Tipperary

The Club of the Year Awards recognises significant achievements and performances on and off the pitch. The clubs were judged on performance, facilities, coaching, disciplinary record, administration, code of ethics and contribution to the community. The award pays tribute to those who serve the game at grassroots level and recognises the achievements of these clubs and the valuable role they play in the community.

President of the FAI, David Blood, said, "It is a great achievement to win Club of the Year. I commend the many people who work tirelessly for the club at all levels and this award is a testament to the fantastic work that Manulla FC do. I have no doubt that they will continue to grow and contribute to Irish football and Irish society."
    Congrats to all involved with Manulla. Fantastic achievement for a well-run club

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    One must congratulate Manulla for what they have achieved off the field. They are a model for most clubs for what they have put together at there ground, and what they hope to achieve in the future.
    But just is not always just,and not all clubs can achieve what they have done.But that is not to say that other clubs need to reach there goals,but only achieve what they consider is achievable.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    how profound.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by renovater View Post
    One must congratulate Manulla for what they have achieved off the field. They are a model for most clubs for what they have put together at there ground, and what they hope to achieve in the future.
    But just is not always just,and not all clubs can achieve what they have done.But that is not to say that other clubs need to reach there goals,but only achieve what they consider is achievable.
    Please tell us what drugs your on!!