Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: L37 v Wexford

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

L37 v Wexford

Jamie and Heff have been the targets in recent weeks, but god almighty the mothership of all targets could be making a visit on Tuesday, who do i speak of? Mick 'give peace a chance' Wallace? no, Pat 'you thought it was me because of my size' Dolan? no, we all know who now dont we! chop chop chop chop chop chop chop..................

I should be going to the Still house either way on Tuesday (not working til Thursday!!!) if anyones around, and the only tempting thing here is the draw.

L37. 8/13.

Draw. 12/5.

Wexford. 4/1.

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    On current form I'd say yer dead certs for the win. Probably 2-0.

My optimistic self would hope that we can hold ye scoreless for the first half and nick a late winner from a set piece. Confidence seems to be through the floor in the Wexford camp at the moment and they desperately need to scrape a win from some where.

Oh please reveal the name of target numero uno, I'm intrigued...

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post
    On current form I'd say yer dead certs for the win. Probably 2-0.

My optimistic self would hope that we can hold ye scoreless for the first half and nick a late winner from a set piece. Confidence seems to be through the floor in the Wexford camp at the moment and they desperately need to scrape a win from some where.

Oh please reveal the name of target numero uno, I'm intrigued...
    Dunno, you might be good for the draw.

Clue #1. He aint a player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    D'Oh talk about stating the obvious. I'm sure Mr O'Connor is very excited about his visit to Limerick too

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    D'Oh talk about stating the obvious. I'm sure Mr O'Connor is very excited about his visit to Limerick too
    So are we! though i thought he still lives in these parts? or have the picket lines outside his shop drove him away!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkfish View Post
    So are we! though i thought he still lives in these parts? or have the picket lines outside his shop drove him away!
    Couldn't tell ya where he's living to be honest. It's a long trek up and down to Wexford if he is. What sort of crowd will ye get for this one? I'm just a fair weather fan so won't be travelling

Crowds at Wexford home games have dropped massively, I'd be surprised if more than 20 away fans turn up.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Couldn't tell ya where he's living to be honest. It's a long trek up and down to Wexford if he is. What sort of crowd will ye get for this one? I'm just a fair weather fan so won't be travelling

Crowds at Wexford home games have dropped massively, I'd be surprised if more than 20 away fans turn up.
    Being a Tuesday your almost sure of a below avarage turn out, though we are on a decent enough run, 400/500? I may yet be surprised though. Only Dundalk have brought more than 20 to us this year so that wouldnt be too bad a turn out from yourselves. Do you have Wexford pin badges yet?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wink

here we go again,more sh...te about someone who WAS with the club.you obviously know where his shop is so why dont you go and find out....but you wont do that,its far easier slag him off from the safety of the stands or from behind the dugout and of course you dont eat meat do you....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Unreal Madrid View Post
    here we go again,more sh...te about someone who WAS with the club.you obviously know where his shop is so why dont you go and find out....but you wont do that,its far easier slag him off from the safety of the stands or from behind the dugout and of course you dont eat meat do you....
    I dont eat HIS meat, and if you have a problem with that come up to me and say it to my face, and not from behind your keyboard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Cut it out girls....

Abuse for ex-players / managers is par for the course at every football ground in the country. Noel O'Connor won't be expecting anything else. As long as its not too personal, and relative to football then it's acceptable.

Clubs are now directed by the FAI to pick out those fans who are OTT and personally insulting to opposition players and staff and ban them from grounds and I'm sure L37 will not be any different in this.

Abuse away, and as long as it crosses no boundaries a la Shamrock Rovers/ Simon Webb, then I'm sure nobody will have probles with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    [QUOTE=joeSoap;694783]Cut it out girls....

Abuse for ex-players / managers is par for the course at every football ground in the country. Noel O'Connor won't be expecting anything else. As long as its not too personal, and relative to football then it's acceptable.

Most of us know this...........my problem is not with the mans personality or managerial 'style' (others will disagree) but with his actions in the lead up to the cup game against Derry just after he was 'left go'.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    I hope the Wexford lads turn up tonight... According to the official website we're playing Kildare County tonight

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    Do you have Wexford pin badges yet?
    Not that I know of. Although I haven't managed to make a game since the move to Friday nights (seems like the same applies to most of the crowd, only 600-800 at the last two games). As far as I know the only merchandise available is jerseys and t-shirts still.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Not that I know of. Although I haven't managed to make a game since the move to Friday nights (seems like the same applies to most of the crowd, only 600-800 at the last two games). As far as I know the only merchandise available is jerseys and t-shirts still.
    Early days yet, suppose you have more important things than pin badges to organise in your first season! il chance it again later in the season, thanks

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    Wexford should have badges, in fact done by the same guy who made the new Limerick ones.
    Celebrating 130 Years of Athlone Town Football Club - Pride of the Midlands Since 1887

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Great win tonight. Great athmosphere in the shed, i hope we can get everyone singing at some stage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Limerick 37 had a comfortable win at home in the eircom First division tuesday night against visitors Wexford Youths. The blues put three past the boys from Wexford without reply, with a brace from Brian “Chucka” Buckley in the 35th and 67th minute and a third from substitute Joey Moloney in the last minute of regular time. All the goals scored were from headers so it is fair to say that Limerick posed a severe aerial threat to the Wexford defence! The match was played in front of a crowd of 618 people on a dry sunny evening. The result keeps Limerick in the hunt in third place in the first division and was their biggest win of the season. The draw for the second round of the Ford (previously Carslberg) FAI cup takes place on this Thursday and will be shown live on the rte 6 o clock news. Hopefully the blues will get a good home draw to bring a crowd to Jackman Park. It has to be said that a good atmosphere is developing at the ground with the home fans learning to show their vocal support more often. During the second half as Joey Moloney was warming up prior to his coming on as a substitute the crowd were chanting his name down at the stand end and when he scored his goal he acknowledged the fans down there which went down well. Small stuff maybe, but this is the type of thing that helps the home team build a rapport with the fans who in turn will support the team more vocally. The next game for the blues is away to Finn Harps and after that there is a three week break in the league before the next home game versus Kilkenny City.
    this report taken from the limerick blogger website,nice bit of acknowledgement for the fans

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    Would I be right in saying Paul Malone was suspended for Wexford Youths last night? He's by far our best player in the air and not surprised we conceded three headed goals. It's a massive weakness in the team, I'd say at least 50% of the goals conceded so far have been from headers. Well done to Limerick I hope ye can at least make it into the playoff.

Did any support from Wexford show up? Anyone impress on the Wexford side of things? They really need to take something from the next game against Kildare or there's a real danger of not getting another win all season.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Young L37 fan View Post
    BRING ON THE HARPS!anyone going
    I'm going hopefully.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Needtoknow View Post
    Great win tonight. Great athmosphere in the shed, i hope we can get everyone singing at some stage.
    Well we converted my brother to L37 just last night and even he was annoyed when people in the Shed wouldn't play ball with our 'sit down for the super blues' chant, can't understand why people won't just go with it to be honest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast