Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Limerick Leader

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Limerick Leader

Has anyone been disapointed with the paper cover of soccer like balla not even getting a headline for winning the MJC semi

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yes i think the over all coverage in the limerick leader is terrible...There isn't anything really good on that paper to be honest...And an awful lot of players and managers and people actually interested in junior football buy that paper to see the write ups and pics of matchs and there isn't that much on it...Only about 2 pages...They could put in a bit more coverage on it(example the balla result and pics and full match analysis)....They should also go into more detail on the other leagues as well....from prem - down to the bottom league...Everyone playing ball deserves a mention...Clubs put in a lot of hard work to get players out and things set up for games...Maybe each week the leader should have one club in the paper and do a detailed report on that team(clubhouse,pitch,schoolboys,committee,teams,pl ans ete). as well as the overall analysis of ALL games!!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    To be fair the local paper gives good coverage to junior soccer but it could be a lot better. The local on a tuesday and wednesday has practically nothing in it, why don't they used these days to give a full account of the local junior football. League tables, top scorers, club notes, etc should be in the paper every tuesday/wednesday.
    The coverage that balla got for reaching the munster final was very poor.
    Loads of people involved in junior football buy that paper because of the coverage it gives to junior football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Im a bit confused if they buy the paper to read about the games and they are not in it why do they buy it???
    "You'll not see nothing like the Shelbourne team"

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    TO get fixtures and get other results and the Odd time they might have a right up on games!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by summervilleman View Post
    Yes i think the over all coverage in the limerick leader is terrible...There isn't anything really good on that paper to be honest...And an awful lot of players and managers and people actually interested in junior football buy that paper to see the write ups and pics of matchs and there isn't that much on it...Only about 2 pages...They could put in a bit more coverage on it(example the balla result and pics and full match analysis)....They should also go into more detail on the other leagues as well....from prem - down to the bottom league...Everyone playing ball deserves a mention...Clubs put in a lot of hard work to get players out and things set up for games...Maybe each week the leader should have one club in the paper and do a detailed report on that team(clubhouse,pitch,schoolboys,committee,teams,pl ans ete). as well as the overall analysis of ALL games!!!

I have to disagree with you. I go to lots of matches and Pat Sheehan the Leader's Junior writer seems to be at every game.(I even saw him at yere game last week v Hill Celtic and are they not two smaller teams!)
    It's only in the last couple of weeks that coverage has been reduced to two pages. I hear the Leader has a new sports editor. It may be a coincidence.
    Overall I think the coverage is brilliant. Every scorer is listed every week and I presume he can only go to one game at a time.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ok maybe i was a bit harsh but if one man could do the job he is doing now ,imagine what they could do if there were 2 of them doing it....Each week tables should be on the paper and results and maybe scorers and the odd pic from a few games....Even if each club had a designated person to take a pic and sent it to the relevent person and wrote a small article on the game then he could do up something from that!! I know it sounds like a bit of work but it would be worth it !!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    the nationalist in tipperary gives the tsdl great coverage. plenty photos.
    detailed reviews of all big games. and previewa to all out of town munster and fai games

FORMERLY: shannonman Lev Yashin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    we have to remember its not a national newspaper, now that said coverage could be a bit better, lets be honest we all like to see our team in the paper whether its a write up of photo spread or something. As for the lack of balla coverage, it is a bit dissapointing really, as they are flying the flag for limerick soccer and limerick.

Ah well thats my rant and like the rest of ye ill still be buying it monday tuesday and wednesday every week....except in the summer!!
    My Goal Is To Deny Yours...

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barryk View Post
    I have to disagree with you. I go to lots of matches and Pat Sheehan the Leader's Junior writer seems to be at every game.(I even saw him at yere game last week v Hill Celtic and are they not two smaller teams!)
    It's only in the last couple of weeks that coverage has been reduced to two pages. I hear the Leader has a new sports editor. It may be a coincidence.
    Overall I think the coverage is brilliant. Every scorer is listed every week and I presume he can only go to one game at a time.
    Well pat sheehan is the junior writer and gerry mc cormack is the schoolboy writer they both get paiid by the paper for reports so if they went on strike to get more space the leader would have to do something

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Question coverage

I work down in Cork and the Echo gives 2 pages on Monday,between 4 and 8 on Wednesday and match previews on Friday and Saturday for the AUL games.The Senior league gets nearly as much,and even the West Cork League,the Business league,the Nite Owls League,Ladies and School Boys are all given a fair few pages,i would have though that this would be the norm for all local papers but it dos'nt seem so .