Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

View Poll Results: Will Shels start the new season?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

67 67.68%
  • No

32 32.32%
Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Shelbourne FC Demoted to First Division - All Purpose Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drogman. View Post
    Some people on here have said that it made the league look like a joke, well in all fairness, it has been a joke for a past number of years, that's why changes are being made.
    More of a joke then. For example Miriam mentioning our ground deal in the same breath as the Shels and DC fiascos as if its a bad thing.
    TO TELL THE TRUTH IS REVOLUTIONARY

The ONLY foot.ie user with a type of logic named after them!

All of this has happened before. All of it will happen again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paudie View Post
    Isn't that what Tiger Woods married?
    We should deffo go for that.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
    There is a HUGE difference, in that there is a potential asset of 20million ish. Debts in common alright, but that asset is something that would make a deal with fans even more difficult to broker, especially when times were prospering on the field.
    The value of the Tallaght site wouldn't have been that much different - why were the property developers sniffing around and lending Rovers money for a stake if it wasn't worth a huge amount?
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
    There is a HUGE difference, in that there is a potential asset of 20million ish.

I think you'll find that asset is worth a lot less. A third is already gone, another 3rd is already spent and a chunk of the other 3rd will be drip fed to Shels over the next year if Finbar Flood can do a deal to keep Shels in business.

This time next year [or the year after], Shels will be millionaire's, just, and thats all you'll have. No Tolka, just the last million or so from the sale of Tolka because Ollie spent the rest buying titles, one of which you should be stripped of.

The proceeds from the sale of Tolka Park lease were supposed to be used to re-establish the sporting entity at another location, not spent on not paying players wages.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BohsPartisan View Post
    Kehoe wasn't callenged either when he insinuated that the average attendance is 3 to 4 hundred!
    well the discussion was primarily about Shels

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bohs til i die View Post
    well the discussion was primarily about Shels
    But he was talking about the league in general at that stage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sniffa View Post
    12 million is peanuts when you read this.

Fourteen months after US financier Malcolm Glazer and his family took over Manchester United in a hotly contested takeover battle, the club's improving financial prospects have been reflected in a £660m debt reinfinancing deal. The deal will cut the club's annual interest bill and strengthen the Glazer family's grip on the club. A spokesman for the Glazers said the amended structure would continue to provide manager Alex Ferguson with 'sufficient funds in the transfer market'. The Financial Times, citing people familiar with the package, said the club's annual interest charge would fall to £62m, compared to £90m under the old deal. It said overall borrowings would rise to £660m from £580m, but the club had halved to £135m the amount they owe in the form of higher risk payment-in-kind notes.

Now thats frightening!!
    I don't know about that - compare the worldwide television and merchandising income of Manchester U with that of Shelbourne F. 12 mill is bonkers debt whatever way you look at it.
    SIGNATURESCOPE

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philo View Post
    Would have been funnier to see how much he squirmed had he been asked how come he completely sold out the PFAI as soon as Delaney offered him a job with the FAI and why his final act as head of the PFAI was to move the organisation's offices into FAI HQ.
    Very true. His appointment stinks and he was clueless last night. Couldnt believe he had the nerve at the end to say that in 2009 there will be a fully professional 10 team league HOW??

Miriam, you good thing, asked all the right questions IMO.

KOH

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    steve i reckon you should chair some shelbourne fans takeover with all your enthusiasm and belief in how possible it is
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    The proceeds from the sale of Tolka Park lease were supposed to be used to re-establish the sporting entity at another location, not spent on not paying players wages.

yes well pointed out, the sale would have cleared debts and wages, and possibly paid for the wages for another couple few months, but after that ye would be back in the same position
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Gavin was shocking last night, turned it off after he squirmed his way around Miriam asking if Shels getting a Premier licence made a joke of the whole process, and Dolan did his usual profit of doom act

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus View Post
    ...and Dolan did his usual profit of doom act
    Almost forgot about him...

Pat Dolan saying clubs should live within their means Next up Roddy Collins to back up Dolan.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts
    And if you only knew how much that incompetent fool Gavin is on....

KOH
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Didn't see it, but it's a prety poor indictment of the FAI's PR skills. A trip down to see Bunny Carr might be required for Mr Gavin.

It seems to be a trend though - we had a few of the senior guys in Sligo a couple of seasons ago (03) and I thought the standard of speaking could have been a lot better.

Fran Rooney was at the helm and I really expected him to be a lot better, given the kind of presentations he should have been used to with Baltimore. He was very average.

Brendon Dillon was head of the league at the time, and he was very articulate - a good speaker - pity he's out of things.

I can't remember who else spoke that night, but it was far from inspirational stuff.
    former (!) webmaster for sligorovers.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus View Post
    and Dolan did his usual profit of doom act
    profit of doom

you suggesting he profits from doom?

is this related to the doyle transfer!???!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wws View Post
    profit of doom

you suggesting he profits from doom?

is this related to the doyle transfer!???!
    very good
    more water!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    steve i reckon you should chair some shelbourne fans takeover with all your enthusiasm and belief in how possible it is
    I'd be happy to host them in the Stockwell Multiplex ! Drop me a PM with your flight details boys, and I'll get the tea and biscuits in....

I'm just an eternal optimist POS. Also - with a background in 'political' representation and running campaigns, I probably have greater faith in the power of individuals than most people do. And I'm a supporter and shareholder in a fn-controlled club who have done exactly the type of thing that Shels fans arguably need to do (AFC Wimbledon).

People tend to totally under-estimate the level of power and influence they can have if and when they get organised - which is a huge shame.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraic View Post
    Didn't see it, but it's a prety poor indictment of the FAI's PR skills. A trip down to see Bunny Carr might be required for Mr Gavin.

It seems to be a trend though - we had a few of the senior guys in Sligo a couple of seasons ago (03) and I thought the standard of speaking could have been a lot better.
    Theory about Delaney appointments - do you think he* deliberately hands out important jobs to incompetents to make himself look better. He made his name during Saipan by being the only available FAI person who could (barely) string two sentences together.

When I say "he" appoints people I mean, of course, a faceless FAI committee which means Delaney isn't accountable for bad decisions.
    SIGNATURESCOPE

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry The Saint View Post
    Theory about Delaney appointments - do you think he* deliberately hands out important jobs to incompetents to make himself look better.
    If you appoint incompetent people you are responsible. Same in any company so would make no sense. A successful or improved FAI eLOI boosts Delaneys position unless he is looking to be sacked & given golden handshake for remaining 5-6 years of his contract.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry The Saint View Post
    Theory about Delaney appointments - do you think he* deliberately hands out important jobs to incompetents to make himself look better. He made his name during Saipan by being the only available FAI person who could (barely) string two sentences together.

When I say "he" appoints people I mean, of course, a faceless FAI committee which means Delaney isn't accountable for bad decisions.
    Unfortunately, as has been said before i'm sure, alot of people in the FAI are simply not football people. the politics in el circles is such that it's nigh on impossible for anybody who wants to - to progress in football admin in this country. How many of these officials came up through the ranks for example i.e supported local club, into club, then onto fai's top chair.

alot of pish posh has been talked about reform and blah blah etc, but we've yet to see it. his favourite is always talkin grass-roots football, yet some counties in this country have far less facilities for kids / youth football than most developing countries have.

the licencing is obviously got by the the old irish nudge and a wink. i havent read all threads here but how shels got a licence is not just a question that should be answered, it borders on criminal negligence. same could be said of dub city debacle.

anyway it's my opinon that all this reform is just the self-appointed delaney appeasing the uefa's and fifa's of this world so he can continue junketing around with the national team. you simply cant be seen as creditable, when your a faceless, unaccountable, untransparent and grossly paranoid administration.
    Last edited by neutrino; 02/02/2007 at 12:46 PM.

Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast