Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts

From RTE : Limerick to go bust

From RTE...........

Limerick to go bust with no lease
    Wednesday, 08 November 2006 11:15

Limerick could go out of business at the end of this season unless they secure a lease on Hogan Park.

Chairman Danny Drew warned that they will fold unless the current state of uncertainty surrounding the club is resolved by 1 December 2006.

The Blues were told by Fr Joe Young, a trustee at the ground, in February of this year that he would grant them at least a 25-year lease on the ground.

Because Limerick don't have a lease, they cannot draw down over €400,000 in sports grants they have earmarked for development work at the venue.

Drew said: 'I will honour all the players contracts with the club up until the end of this season but I am giving it a December deadline and then I will step down in my present capacity unless we are granted a lease in our name.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/2006/1108/limerick.html?rss

I thought all this had been sorted out.........FAI had the lease and we were welcome tenants etc......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts

Limerick go Bust

Well it's about Fcukin time

It's over Lads

Are the Whingers happy Now??

Fcukin Priests

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    Is it not the case that the lease is now with the FAI and they would more than likely welcome Limerickas their tenants?

Drew says he will step down but I dont see how that equates to the club folding, it is possible to find other backers.

Is it significant that none of the above statement is attributed to the FAI, and all to Drew?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    Is it not the case that the lease is now with the FAI and they would more than likely welcome Limerickas their tenants?

Drew says he will step down but I dont see how that equates to the club folding, it is possible to find other backers.

Is it significant that none of the above statement is attributed to the FAI, and all to Drew?
    No that was more spoofing by the priest

Backers?? Where?? Clubs DEAD

This has been on the cards in the background for awhile

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Typical cop out from Nancy Drew. Now that she sees theres no real money to be made from EL footie, she's taking her ball and running home....unless she gets her €400,000 in grant money.

This man has been a disgrace since day one and has not got any better. I hope he goes...far far away. I know he rescued the club...I know he put out a lot of his own dosh initially...since then he has alienated, abused, insulted and generally made a laughing stock out of this club. He didn't even see that the only way to get the lease in Rathbane was by sucking up to the priest and Noel O'Connor, who would have been able to talk the priest round. But no....he had to sack him without a replacement, or a lease, or a clue about anything.

He is a parasite...he became the saviour for personal fame and possible finance. Now it seems to have backfired on him. Good riddance Nancy....stick to selling curry sauce !!

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,233 Posts
    Seeing as the government grants have to be spent on capital expenditure, how is securing them going to not make the club go bust? If it's got debts it can't pay, it can't use the grant to pay them anyway?

Or is it that Drew is keeping the club afloat and won't do so if they don't get the lease?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Have the FAI got a lease? I don't think it was ever signed.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gspain View Post
    Have the FAI got a lease? I don't think it was ever signed.
    It hasn't been signed. Fr.Lucifer hasn't gotten around to it yet.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Seeing as the government grants have to be spent on capital expenditure, how is securing them going to not make the club go bust? If it's got debts it can't pay, it can't use the grant to pay them anyway?

Or is it that Drew is keeping the club afloat and won't do so if they don't get the lease?
    My immediate reaction too was that he can't spend capital money on current expenditure so what's the problem??

But then I thought about it. He's undoubtedly spending wads of his own cash keeping the club afloat and if there's no lease and no development cash then maybe there's no future

There lies the problem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PinBallWizard View Post
    This man has been a disgrace since day one and has not got any better. I hope he goes...far far away.
    Are you going to save the club ya??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    It hasn't been signed. Fr.Lucifer hasn't gotten around to it yet.
    And if the club goes bust it will be a lot easier to get planning permission for a petrol station, gym, houses etc.

What's a few commandments when there's a few million at stake?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gspain View Post
    And if the club goes bust it will be a lot easier to get planning permission for a petrol station, gym, houses etc.

What's a few commandments when there's a few million at stake?
    We all knew deep in our hearts it was going to end like this

I don't think there's a person in the know on this forum who thought he'd do the decent thing

I hope he never takes a clean hand from his ar$e

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PinBallWizard View Post
    Typical cop out from Nancy Drew. Now that she sees theres no real money to be made from EL footie, she's taking her ball and running home....unless she gets her €400,000 in grant money.

This man has been a disgrace since day one and has not got any better. I hope he goes...far far away. I know he rescued the club...I know he put out a lot of his own dosh initially...since then he has alienated, abused, insulted and generally made a laughing stock out of this club. He didn't even see that the only way to get the lease in Rathbane was by sucking up to the priest and Noel O'Connor, who would have been able to talk the priest round. But no....he had to sack him without a replacement, or a lease, or a clue about anything.

He is a parasite...he became the saviour for personal fame and possible finance. Now it seems to have backfired on him. Good riddance Nancy....stick to selling curry sauce !!
    Thats a bit harsh don't you think. I can see the points you're trying to make, but try and make them in a logical fashion. You say that he has 'alienated, insulted and abused' yet you've just done all three in your post. Be objective, or don't bother posting at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    We all knew deep in our hearts it was going to end like this

I don't think there's a person in the know on this forum who thought he'd do the decent thing

I hope he never takes a clean hand from his ar$e
    If we knew it, then the club knew it all along too. There's more to blame here than the priest. He's just a trustee of the ground with a say in what happens it. At the end of the day it's Peter Hogans land and Joe Young will do with it as Peter Hogan wishes. not what Joe Young wishes, or Limerick FC wishes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap View Post
    If we knew it, then the club knew it all along too. There's more to blame here than the priest. He's just a trustee of the ground with a say in what happens it. At the end of the day it's Peter Hogans land and Joe Young will do with it as Peter Hogan wishes. not what Joe Young wishes, or Limerick FC wishes.
    Well I hope they never take a clean hand from each others ar$es then

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Personally if I was Drew I'd pack up and take off as well at the state that things have gotten to. Seriously lads think about it, he's ploughing his own money into a club that has no future without any ground, and a club that gets involved in ****e like last Friday. Its not just down to Drew that this club could possibly be about to fold, although I'm still hoping that Drew's press statement was an attempt to call the Priests bluff on the lease once and for all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus View Post
    although I'm still hoping that Drew's press statement was an attempt to call the Priests bluff on the lease once and for all
    I hope so too

Wouldn't hold your breath though

He's probably on a beach in Spain/Park Bench at the minute

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap View Post
    Thats a bit harsh don't you think. I can see the points you're trying to make, but try and make them in a logical fashion. You say that he has 'alienated, insulted and abused' yet you've just done all three in your post. Be objective, or don't bother posting at all.
    And who are you to be pontificating about abuse and insults. You do enough of that here yourself...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus View Post
    Personally if I was Drew I'd pack up and take off as well at the state that things have gotten to. Seriously lads think about it, he's ploughing his own money into a club that has no future without any ground, and a club that gets involved in ****e like last Friday. Its not just down to Drew that this club could possibly be about to fold, although I'm still hoping that Drew's press statement was an attempt to call the Priests bluff on the lease once and for all
    Drew's a tool of the highest order. A greedy, spiteful arsehole. He invested with the idea of fame and riches and making a name for himself. Now its not going to happen, he's heading for the hills, leaving a bigger mess than the one he bought from that other snivelling little worm. Again I say Good Riddance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Just posted this in the Eircom forum, but I'll ask it here too, whats the media response in Limerick about this like? Have 95fm or the Leader picked up on it, or are they devoting all their energies to a Munster reserve game as usual?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast