Thanked in
    2 Posts
    1-0 derry- MURPHY OUT

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    FYI lads, Murphy didn't miss the peno, it was Flynn.
    Losing 0-1 having missed a peno and having by far the better of the second half is hardly supporting evidence for the Murphy Out brigade.

Carey OUT( for a while)
    O'Grady OUT ( for a while)

All hail Hoggie and Greg.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question

Hail Greg my arse....

He should have been warming the bench before halftime....I am not sure what game you were watching but Greg O Halloran was the worst city player on the park last night.
    Murphy as uasul makes his changes only when forced upon him...Billy Woods limping off and waiting for Derry to score so Mulligan could be introduced.
    City looked like a team that are on a loosing streak...the most disappointing thing about last night was they lacked desire...Derry were the hungry for it and for a cup semi final City never played with the urgency and drive that the game deserved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Originally posted by AnnesRoadRebel
    Hail Greg my arse....

He should have been warming the bench before halftime....I am not sure what game you were watching but Greg O Halloran was the worst city player on the park last night.
    well i dont know whats games you have been watching or even if you were there last night..greg was one of city's few players that could hold their heads high after last night
    thought he had a good game, considering all the different positions gunther is asking him to play in week in week out....from centre midfield to fullback to winger??

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I didn't get down for the game but didn't Greg play right wing v derry in the league already & have a bad game? Gregs is good at retaining possession & passing the ball so is suited for center midfield or fullback - he is not a winnger as doesn't have the pace!

Liam Murphy as far as i can see never learns from previous mistakes & is so conservative he really has no confidence in the teams he puts out - whens the last time he made a change before we were losing or it was too late?

He only brough Mulligan on versus rovers when we 0-2 & the game poretty much lost.

http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

latest

the main thing to remember about last night is that the season is not over. we still have 17 matches to play. 17 matches for liam murphy to prove he can manage afootball team or hes out. wWith the progress off the pitch,we also need it on it. I always saw this season as a team building one,with a possible cup run. I don;t think the chairman or fans can wait any longer than that.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Re: latest

Originally posted by cityblade
    17 matches for liam murphy to prove he can manage afootball team or hes out.
    **** that. he´s had more than long enough

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by James

well i dont know whats games you have been watching or even if you were there last night..greg was one of city's few players that could hold their heads high
    Any chance your a relation of his?

His form since his return has been brilliant ...he has slotted in well anywhere he was put....But be serious and wipe the sleep out your eyes....last Friday night he (along with others) had a stinker.He lost possesion time and again..at know stage did he attempt to beat his man....

I am by no means a Greg O Halloran basher...far from it....but when a player is playing brutal then he should be hawled off for a early shower....

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I've been a critic of Gregs in the past i have to say hes been one of the most consistent performers this season dispite all the positions hes played.

Its should be no surprise Greg had trouble playing the left wing as he not left footed or a winger.

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Originally posted by AnnesRoadRebel
    Any chance your a relation of his?
    NO

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Have to agree. Im a fan of gregs, not as bit a fan of his as eanna (Sorry feen!! ) but he had a stinker the other night. He lost possession and put alot of passes astray. Yes he was out of position so we cant lay the blame on his door.

The only fellas who played for City the other night were:
    Mick Devine (contender for player of the season surely)
    Alan Reynolds (player of the season surely)
    Billy Woods. pity he had to go off when he did coz he was skinning Kelly every time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Re: Re: latest

Originally posted by Éanna

**** that. he´s had more than long enough
    city lose so u start crying again,some loyal supporter u are.had u been at the match u would have seen atrocious city were in defence.instead u shout off with ur by now regular (stokrestown road AWAY for 1) "murphy out"

-no doubt uv arranged a replacement
    j'accuse!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Originally posted by pete
    I've been a critic of Gregs in the past i have to say hes been one of the most consistent performers this season dispite all the positions hes played.

speakin th truth
    j'accuse!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Re: Re: latest

Originally posted by ccfcman

instead u shout off with ur by now regular (stokrestown road AWAY for 1) "murphy out"

Right CCFC CHILD. No-one was shouting Murphy out in Longford. NoOne. What was being shout was "murphy SORT IT out" in regard to his lack of tactics and substitutions that night.

And another thing CCFCboy, the Murphy Out brigade never dissapeared. While happy with the start of the season we knew that eventually reality would kick in again where Gunther would be out of his depth. Give me 5 positives in a tactical sense in the last 6 weeks. Ill give you the negatives.

1. The Longford match. 3-2 was flattrring
    2. Our defence.
    3. the fact that Mull wasnt brought on til we were a goal down against Derry.
    4. The fact that once we took the lead against Shels we apparantly sat back.
    5. Ditto against Bohs.
    6. Once we got the equaliser against Harps we sat back and allowed them at us for the remainder.
    7. the fact that he is ruining grady by playing him while he is obviously unfit.
    8. The fact that Carey needs a rest and isnt been given it.
    etc etc etc etc etc etc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

city lose so u start crying again,some loyal supporter u are.had u been at the match u would have seen atrocious city were in defence.instead u shout off with ur by now regular (stokrestown road AWAY for 1) "murphy out"
    What the fcuk are you on about? I was at the match and have been at every match this season (except for drogheda and monaghan away). Every single one of them, especially away, I left the ground knowing that we could have got a better result if it was not for Gunther. He has made so many bad decisions and choices it beggars belief! The man is aliability. As GWA said the "murphy out brigade" never disappeared, its just that some people decided after a few home wins that he wasnt so bad after all. There are a lot of us who have said that he wasnt the man for the job since day one and we have stuck by that belief.
    I notice that you seem to be defending him but yet you neglected to mention one redeeming factor about the guy. Dont start shouting your mouth off unless you can back up what you're saying.

btw, i too can confirm that nobody was shouting "Murphy Out" in flancare park, it was indeed "Murphy sort it out", although Murphy move a muscle may have been more appropriate!
    Champions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Blame Pat Morley

Pat Morley played a part in your downfall lads

Alan Gough was interviewed on the radio up here- I think you can here it on the BBC website

Anyway he said that Pat Morley phoned him and he asked him who took the penalties for Cork and where did he hit them.

Morley told him O'Flynn and that he hit them low and right- a Cork man was to blame lads(well that and the fact it was a **** penalty)
    Tifo poles, sausage rolls and a few goals.

The Brandy Blogs, back and blogging the 2010 season

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Re: Blame Pat Morley

Originally posted by Maribor
    Pat Morley played a part in your downfall lads

Alan Gough was interviewed on the radio up here- I think you can here it on the BBC website

Anyway he said that Pat Morley phoned him and he asked him who took the penalties for Cork and where did he hit them.

Morley told him O'Flynn and that he hit them low and right- a Cork man was to blame lads(well that and the fact it was a **** penalty)

Bring back Rocketman!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

-no doubt uv arranged a replacement
    You are obviously developing some kind of delusional obsession with me? I have been giving out about Murphy since he showed what an incapable manager he is., i.e. the start of last season basically. Win, lose or draw I have laboured his weak points, and there´s a hell of a lot of people who can back me up on that- have a trawl through the threads on this forum if you want to check. So you´ll excuse me if I show nothing but contempt for your reactionary and abusive posts.

Also, it´s very difficult to argue with someone who´s grammar is so disjointed as to make reading their posts almost impossible. Either make your comments intelligible, and, god forbid, intelligent or else bugger off back to the stupor you´ve obviously just emerged from.

Originally posted by Maribor

Bad form if it´s true.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by SSS
    FYI lads, Murphy didn't miss the peno, it was Flynn.
    Losing 0-1 having missed a peno and having by far the better of the second half is hardly supporting evidence for the Murphy Out brigade.
    As I´ve said, I wasn´t at the game, but just listening to it on the radio(net) you could sense the (by-now) familiar lack of pattern to the city play. It´s Murphy´s job to change things if people aren´t performing and he failed- AGAIN.

Originally posted by GWA
    Have to agree. Im a fan of gregs, not as bit a fan of his as eanna (Sorry feen!! ) but he had a stinker the other night. He lost possession and put alot of passes astray. Yes he was out of position so we cant lay the blame on his door.

The only fellas who played for City the other night were:
    Mick Devine (contender for player of the season surely)
    Alan Reynolds (player of the season surely)
    Billy Woods. pity he had to go off when he did coz he was skinning Kelly every time.
    P!ss off ya l@nger ya Mick has been our best player this seasn IMO, our away form would look even worse without him

Renno has been a revelation, for someone who was thought to be a "butcher" (eh, ruairi ) he´s turned into a key player for us.

As for Greg, i´m not surprised if he´s had a bad game, at this stage it´s only a matter of time before he gets put in goal or something! He´s had a good season, and everyone´s entitled to a bad game i suppose- even gunther

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast