Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shocking

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Shocking

Can it get any worse? We made UCD look like Brazil last night, sloppy defending, poor retention of the ball and terrible goalkeeping all combined to give us a 4-0 thrashing, and it could have been more. Ironic that we should have been one nil up before they scored. Once again an early goal conceded killed us. It'll be very difficult to get above waterford now, 10 goals conceded in 2 games, that's poor.

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thedoyler View Post
    Ironic that we should have been one nil up before they scored.
    I don't remember this.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,234 Posts
    Yeah, Bray had a one-on-one just before Sammo had one as well. Hit it straight at Quigley. Really should have ben 1-0, although whether it'd have mattered in the end is a different issue.

I think in fairness to Bray, they're basically playing out the remainder of the season with a view to some serious regrouping next year. It's hard to lok at five more games of that kind of a performance, I'm sure, but Bray have a tendency to regroup well and bounce back, which is what they're really looking at now. From a Premier point of view, that was our biggest home Premier league win in ten years, so Bray basically need a year away from the Premier - tough as it may sound - before they can bounce back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    In all fairness the way we are going lately we don't deserve to be in the Premier and I think us being so poor will make the promotion/relegation issue a lot easier.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    I just read this on the eleven-a-side match report:

"Ten goals conceded in a week, bottom of the table with a goals against column reading 56 goals in 25 games, it can hardly get much worse for Wanderers."

What else can be said??
    Extratime.ie

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool

Still waiting for the team to turn up for the game against UCD. Don't know if time in the first division might be the best thing. Hard to regroup when your getting thrashed the way we are. Can only see confidence returning in team with a string of wins behind it. Can only see that at the moment in the Ist. Div.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Yeah, Bray had a one-on-one just before Sammo had one as well. Hit it straight at Quigley. Really should have ben 1-0, although whether it'd have mattered in the end is a different issue.

I think in fairness to Bray, they're basically playing out the remainder of the season with a view to some serious regrouping next year. It's hard to lok at five more games of that kind of a performance, I'm sure, but Bray have a tendency to regroup well and bounce back, which is what they're really looking at now. From a Premier point of view, that was our biggest home Premier league win in ten years, so Bray basically need a year away from the Premier - tough as it may sound - before they can bounce back.
    Gormley's first big mistake was picking O'Connor ahead of Rogers- did you see him flap at that cross????????? and as for the fourth goal... I think Wanderers will be down and out for a long time- it's not just talent that's missing.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    This isn't meant as a wind up but what has happened your team? Ye were never world beaters & i think Zayed used to get good few goals but did you lose other key players?

Without putting the knife in your current team must be worst in the Premier since Monaghan United in 2001/02
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    I suppose it must be said, fair play to the Bray fans that came and for a while tried to sing last night. I know it's only a Dart away, but that's painful to watch.

It's bizarre that in a year where one team collapsed (which would ordinarily ensure safety for against automatic relegations) and a season where no relegation is possible at all, that we have two such poor teams rooted to the bottom.

Bray being saved from relegation could possibly be a disaster. Without the room needed to regroup that Stu talked about it could be another disasterous year. On the other hand, teams have been known to turn things around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    3 managers in 1 season, nothing but madness, that proves its neither of them that was the problem. what are the players doing. its like they dont care any more, get the fans out there at least they would play for the jersey with all there heart and give there all.
    www.braywanderers.ie (Club)
    www.braywanderers.com (supporters club)
    Sharks are as tough as those football fans who take their shirts off during games in England in January, only more intelligent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    well not necessarily........it proves that new blood was needed when pat left instead of just the yes men that were with him running (are they really?) the show

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    This isn't meant as a wind up but what has happened your team? Ye were never world beaters & i think Zayed used to get good few goals but did you lose other key players?

Without putting the knife in your current team must be worst in the Premier since Monaghan United in 2001/02
    Not taking as a wind up, i think most Bray fans would agree with you !

Your right, we never have been world beaters and never will be with the management team and players we have in place at the moment. Being honest Zayed was probably our worst player of the season to date until we sold him. He didnt want to be at the club anymore, was'nt scoring goals, was'nt interested so we sold him. Excellent piece of business by the club. Our big loss was Wes Charles, why they let him go on a free ill never know, absolute madness ! he was by far the best defender we have had at the club in the last 10 years. The loss of Robbie Doyle and Colm James as well were scandalous from the club.

There are far to many players playing with Bray at the moment who are in the comfort zone, the rest of them are just not good enough and should not be playing senior football.

Things will only improve when the season finishes, BUT they need to get rid of Gormley and ALL of the backroom staff, not to mention half of our squad.

Dermot Keely should be the man to manage Bray Wanderers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    they wont spend money on a new manager, when eddie is doing too jobs or at least trying too.
    Sharks are as tough as those football fans who take their shirts off during games in England in January, only more intelligent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    If the Wicklow GAA can get Mick O'Dwyer, one of the best GAA managers of all time, surely we can get someone who can do a job.
    Extratime.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superfrank View Post
    If the Wicklow GAA can get Mick O'Dwyer, one of the best GAA managers of all time, surely we can get someone who can do a job.
    If we had half the money the Wicklow GAA do...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    The club is in a farse at the moment, for all we know we could do a Dublin City (remember them???)at the end off the season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper 99 View Post
    The club is in a farse at the moment, for all we know we could do a Dublin City (remember them???)at the end off the season.
    The club is in a farse?????????????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I don't think there's much chance of us doing a Dublin City, as the club seems to be operating within a set budget. However, I fear that the next time Wanderers are relegated, we will stay down for a long, long time. We have been going backwards to such a frightening degree, I could see us ending up with the type of profile currently "enjoyed" by the likes of Athlone Town.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrayUnknowns View Post
    Not taking as a wind up, i think most Bray fans would agree with you !

Your right, we never have been world beaters and never will be with the management team and players we have in place at the moment. Being honest Zayed was probably our worst player of the season to date until we sold him. He didnt want to be at the club anymore, was'nt scoring goals, was'nt interested so we sold him. Excellent piece of business by the club. Our big loss was Wes Charles, why they let him go on a free ill never know, absolute madness ! he was by far the best defender we have had at the club in the last 10 years. The loss of Robbie Doyle and Colm James as well were scandalous from the club.

There are far to many players playing with Bray at the moment who are in the comfort zone, the rest of them are just not good enough and should not be playing senior football.

Things will only improve when the season finishes, BUT they need to get rid of Gormley and ALL of the backroom staff, not to mention half of our squad.

Dermot Keely should be the man to manage Bray Wanderers.
    Bray didn't lose Robbie Doyle and Colm James. One of the first things Gormley did when he took over was terminate both of their contracts for no reason other than he didn't get on with them. The whole squad thinks it's a joke and Gormley has already turned a fairly sizeable part of the dressing room against him.

He was bad as a player since his return, but he's an even worse manager.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoscoSCM View Post
    Bray didn't lose Robbie Doyle and Colm James. One of the first things Gormley did when he took over was terminate both of their contracts for no reason other than he didn't get on with them. The whole squad thinks it's a joke and Gormley has already turned a fairly sizeable part of the dressing room against him.

He was bad as a player since his return, but he's an even worse manager.
    Actually Doyle left the club by mutual consent, he exercised a clause in his contract which allowed him to leave Bray Wanderers by mutual consent. James is actually still at the club and being paid by the club but has been totally frozen out and is not training with the 1st team or the U21's.

But your right it is a joke and he has lost most of the dressing room already, and only after 3 games ! he has the man management skills of Mick McCarthy and the tactical awareness of Graham Taylor ! he is a cheap option that will never take our club in the right direction. He's actually worse than McGuirk !

Things will even get worse for Gormley on Friday night, Philip Keogh(groin), Brian McGovern(pelvis), Stephen Gifford (thigh), Will Murphy (ankle) and Chris Deans (work commitments) are all unavailable.

GORMLEY OUT !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast