Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Ticket Touts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down Ticket Touts

what can be done about these scum of the earth? here i am on the bb waiting list for ages and am a mad fan on the republic and then somebody else can lay their hands on 8 tickets and not even have an interest in soccer. i was looking at ebay and i was amazed by the cheek of some soccer 'fan' calling himself tickettrader5888. he was selling 8 tickets at a cool 130 each for the czech game. a sweet 800 euro profit. and this was not a once off. he had liked 700 items sold. i am just wondering is there any other way that he could get his hands on the tickets without being a bb. and if not what can be done about him. surely there must be someway to find out who he is

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I've seen bb's selling tickets to touts allright. I think the FAI should buy a few tickets from touts before a few games & cancel whoever's allocation they have just bought. That'd stop people selling them to the touts in the first place after a bit of a shock.
    "I always likened him to a Rolls Royce. You just used him once a week & he'd be flawless"
    Townsend on McGrath

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [QUOTE=theleprechaun;543866]what can be done about these scum of the earth? here i am on the bb waiting list for ages and am a mad fan on the republic and then somebody else can lay their hands on 8 tickets and not even have an interest in soccer. i was looking at ebay and i was amazed by the cheek of some soccer 'fan' calling himself tickettrader5888. he was selling 8 tickets at a cool 130 each for the czech game. a sweet 800 euro profit. and this was not a once off. he had liked 700 items sold. i am just wondering is there any other way that he could get his hands on the tickets without being a bb. and if not what can be done about him. surely there must be someway to find out who he is[/QUOT

was looking at that today as well, wondering how do they get away with it. Anybody I know in BB wont sell their tickets to anybody unless they know them in fear of some tout getting them and fai finding out and losing their allocation ..Yet this fellow on ebay has 8 seated together(probably Delaney himself)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    If you can get seat details then he can be reported and his block booking taken away. Even his real name might be enough.

He appears to be based in Dublin and be able to source lots of tickets for various events.

His mobile number is quoted in the advert too so it shouldn't be too hard to get his real name.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He seems to have tickets for everything on sale.
    He seems to make around €100 average on every ticket.
    650 odd feedback's on ebay over 18 months has him making a tidy little profit of €65,000 or €3,600 per month.
    i'm sure the FAI aren't the only ones who'd like to have a chat to him, wouldn't imagine he's not paying tax on it.
    Chances are the mobile isn't registered.
    If the Revenue Commissioners and the Guards bothered i'm sure they could find him.
    "If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better." Johan Cruyff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    the guy is rolling in it. The scary thing is he'll get that cash no bother.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    the suprising thing is that there's actually 8 tickets left! I was considering buying one of those tickets but I cant afford 130 euro. Playing into the touts hands I know but I really wanna go to that game

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Why not pass on his details to the revenue, I'm sure they would be happy to set up a little sting operation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Who's to say its a block booker? Could be one of the sponsors? Anyway never mind the tax or the fuzz, its the FAI who should be sorting this out.
    What I laugh at is some of the things they've said about touts before, they always seem to put the onus on the ticketless fans, rather than themselves putting staff out to buy tickets finding the numbers and removing the offenders allocation. I've payed touts before and will doubtless do so again, but I shouldn't have to.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    No way am I paying 130, 100 max.

Saw that on ebay alright, its scandalous. Tickets for this game seem to be really scarce though Im afraid.

Plus, the day the FAI do something about this like suggested above, I'll............not sure what I'll do but I'd be very very shocked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Just spotted this crowd on google selling tickets for the home games

http://www.needaticket.net/sport.htm...FRByQwodx3dzpw

F**king gangsters.

IRELAND V CZECH REPUBLIC WEDNESDAY 11 OCTOBER 2006 SEATED EAST STAND €200 PER TICKET
    SEATED SOUTH TERRACE €130 PER TICKET

The FAI need to go chasing the crooks who are supplying the touts, even if it means buying tickets to find the source.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    I wonder if we bombarded the FAI with emails highlighting what is going , would they be pressed into action? I'm convinced its sponsors tickets being flogged not actual block bookers.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    They won't buy tickets AFAIK however they will act if you provide details

eg I bought this ticket (include photocopy or stub) from the touts paid €X.

or

Joe Bloggs is selling tickets on ebay for this price, here is his details. If they can match the details to a block booker they will follow up and cancel the block booking.

I would guess that most sponsor's tickets are for the East and West Lower stands. There isn't much that can be done here as these are more likely to end up in the touts.

If you must use touts please report the details.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    if it's the sponsors tickets going to the touts then the FAI will do bugger all to stop it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by galwayhoop View Post
    if it's the sponsors tickets going to the touts then the FAI will do bugger all to stop it
    Agreed but it is difficult. I know Opel used to send tickets to garages and they got passed around. Tickets go to customers who don't want them and they can easily end up with the touts. Not nice but sponsors do pay a lot of money into football in this country. Part of the deal is access to tickets and they can't really be held accountable if they go astray. I think these are not sponsors tickets btw.

Block Bookers do get them cancelled and clubs and leagues would also suffer if their tickets ended up with the touts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    The FAI loses nothing to the touts, so they're not bothered doing anything about them. It's not right, but it's how they work.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    They won't buy tickets AFAIK however they will act if you provide details

eg I bought this ticket (include photocopy or stub) from the touts paid €X.
    In fiarness they will act if they get the ticket details. AI have been a BB for a number of years and got into serious **** some years ago when i gave a mate a ticket plus a spare for a home game V Lichenstain as i couldnt go. I told him to sell it at face value as near to the ground as he could, figuring as it wasnt going to be a sell out, there was no dnager of whoever bought it touting it on later. Couple weeks later i get a phone call fronm the FAI who had a complaint that the eventual buyer of the ticket paid over the odds for it and he had supplied them with ticket number etc. I had to write to the Presdient and Secretary of the FAI explaing in detail the sequence of events etc up to the time i let the ticket out of my possession. They accepted my account that it wasd a genuine mistake and i stayed on the BB list. However anytime i have a spare ticket now, i will only sell it to someone i know and if i cant theni tear it up. Has cost me a fair fewq quid over the last few years as i cant get to too many friendlies.
    "Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I see the touts on eBay have dropped their prices for Wednesday's game. Supply and demand and all that

reder
    Quote Originally Posted by gspain View Post
    If you can get seat details then he can be reported and his block booking taken away. Even his real name might be enough.

He appears to be based in Dublin and be able to source lots of tickets for various events.

His mobile number is quoted in the advert too so it shouldn't be too hard to get his real name.
    Nonsense, I have reported block bookers who have sold to touts (east stand upper) before and nothing has ever come of it. Are they many Czechs coming to the game? You might get one in their end. The FAI cant cancel tickets allocated to corporates or tickets that are supplied as a result of a contract. They would be walking on thin ice and could end up in court for breach or contract (believe it or not). They would have to prove that person/company 'A' knowingly sold on their tickets to a tout and the touts did not obtain those tickets through 3rd party source.
    Last edited by reder; 09/10/2006 at 12:43 PM.