Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: City were awful against Bohs

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

city were awful against bohs

we should have been whipped by 4 or 5 goals and it wouldn't have flattered us. murphy really should be less naegative when playing away from home - lose the fear man and encourage postive football.

apart from devine and flynn the team were dire especially george, greg woodsie and to a certain extent reynolds. our defending was desperate

if we really want to win the league the team has to start believing it.

i for one was very dissapointed
    john flynn? - awesome!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    the papers are going on about us not having good form away from home, as are we here, and i wonder are the ream beliving it themselves? we need to break the hoodoo fast. Hopefully in Ballybofey on Saturday

Neil
    I thought Devine, Bennett and Cronin played very well. The rest were hiding.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Neil
    I thought Devine, Bennett and Cronin played very well. The rest were hiding.
    A bit harsh, I think, Neil.
    I would like to have seen Reynolds and Greg trying to get the ball down and slow the game up a bit, but the amount of "frees" given for absoluteley nothing constantly meant we had to defend.
    It got so bad that I think that City thought that any tackle was going to result in a free for Bohs. Micky Devine had a great game, but the kick-outs were a disaster. It was simply giving the ball back to Bohs, and J O'F was not going to outjump Couglan.
    That's one simple thing that could be corrected immediately, making better use of the ball than simply belting it down to the other goalkeeper/defence....
    Then again, City got a point playing away to the league leaders and playing badly. We all would have accepted that last year, would'nt we?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    i'd say we'd all have taken a point before the game, so at the end of the day we got a point out of it. If we win the game in hand we go top

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    We'd all have taken a point before the game & i think Gunter was playing for that too from half time.

Bennet having to step in at centre back obviously didn't help us. On thew other hand why is Andrews on the bench if he not fit to play?

Devine had no choice with the kickouts (6 second rule) & by the time he took the kickouts John O'Flynn was the only person forward.

I thought O'Callaghan had a dire game & it was on the cards. As pointed out he gave away the ball far too cheaply & when he up front for the kickouts was 50 yards on the other side of the pitch from O'Flynn - how is anyone going to get a flick on then?

Point away to the best team in the country good. Performance very worrying although unfortunately not surprising.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by pete
    Devine had no choice with the kickouts (6 second rule) & by the time he took the kickouts John O'Flynn was the only person forward.
    C'mon pete, six seconds or even less does not mean you must kick the ball straight back to the opposing team.
    Surely it is not beyond the ability of the players to arrange for the ball to be kicked to a certain part of the pitch where they can at least be in a position to challenge for the ball?...

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by pete
    We'd all have taken a point before the game & i think Gunter was playing for that too from half time.................................... Point away to the best team in the country good. Performance very worrying although unfortunately not surprising.
    spot on

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It seams strange that people are wondering about form in such a negative light. We have only played 3 games! Surely about 5 matches would constitute form? Also we had one of the best away records last year. Whats the phrase, a good team playes badly and still gets a result? Hopefully a non loss at Harps.
    As I say, we're just young & a bit nieve.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by Troy.McClure
    We have only played 3 games! Surely about 5 matches would constitute form?
    ok, so he's got two more games then