Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: United v Kilkenny latest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

United v Kilkenny latest

1-0 after 20 mins. Super Fran scored after 5.
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Job done. Well done to whomever is updating the website - it's an invaluable live service. Gives you a good feel of the game, from which I assumed this evening that we were on top for most of it.
    Let's beat Mons and we'll be very much in the hunt still. Well done to Fran for his second crucial goal in three games and it's good that our strikers seem to be finding a bit of form.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We were always comfortable and probably should have had another one or two.However we did do the usual-dominate for 85 and then let Kilkenny throw everything at us for the last 5-which they nearly scored from.
    3 points is 3 points and from speaking to one or two of the lads afterwards they were dissapointed in the performance but realise it's in their hands.
    www.galwayunitedfc.net -----New GUFC fans forum and Gust Website.

Europe's Big Club.
    "Cause Galway are MASSIVE"-RW Rover on 24/8/07 00:29am

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    The 3 points were all that mattered, but we were poor for a lot of the game.
    The first 20 minutes went well, but then when they scored the composure and good passing seemed to evaporate. Conor Gethins scored a lovely goal but he had 2 clear cut chances before that. We won't get as many chances against the better teams.
    Cretaro was always a danger but we couldn't get him the ball enough. I don't know how you could say we were comfortable. Gough made a great save in the 2nd half and in the last 10 minutes it was hard to watch when they got the ball forward, considering what has gone before.
    Hopefully the team will be able to handle the pressure over the coming weeks because it will get very intense. We can't afford to lose any more players through suspension so discipline has to improve.
    Looking forward to a great end to the season.

Man of the Match : Raf Cretaro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Cheers lads, where was Raf playing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    he was playing on the right. was talking to gough afterwards and he said the lads were wrecked, three game is seven days is alot for them to handle.
    Salthill/Knocknacarra Gaa Official Website- http://www.salthillknocknacarragaa.ie/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    great result and a bit of momentum at last - seems we have been just like most teams in this division - having up and down periods - thats why its so close still
    more water!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    It was far from vintage stuff. United seemed to be able to open up Kilkenny at will at different points in the game just with long balls over the top Gethins missing two one-on-ones in the space of about 60 seconds at the end of the first half. The defence was shaky though and we could easily have conceded in the last 5 minutes. All in all we got the points and we had a few missing so that all that matters at this stage of the season i suppose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    There's a lovely freudian slip in the report on the website where the word 'caution' appears instead of 'cushion'. I love it. Somebody is obviously rightly concerned about our recent disciplinary record as we got a few needless yellows again.

The lads did great. A win is a win is a win. 3 games in 8 days is a lot to ask. (my previous rant about the pathetic planning of fixtures comes to mind again) Well done to the Board of GUFC for facilitating the 'overnight' between the two long away trips to Newbridge and Cobh.

Raf Cretaro was brilliant again. Billy, Alan Gough and Fran Carter proved yet again what fantastic servants to the Club they are.

I still think promotion is a big ask, but you can't ask for more than 3 wins on the bounce.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MyTown View Post

I still think promotion is a big ask, but you can't ask for more than 3 wins on the bounce.
    We're 2 points off top with more home games than away and we've won 3 on the bounce.I think myself if we don't lose again we'll win the league.
    www.galwayunitedfc.net -----New GUFC fans forum and Gust Website.

Europe's Big Club.
    "Cause Galway are MASSIVE"-RW Rover on 24/8/07 00:29am

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i still think its a bit too early yet to be sayin if we can win the league or not without losing. every game is crucial but the four biggest ones are Limerick(away), Rovers(Home), Harps(away) and Dundalk(Home). i think that if we can take ten points from these four games it will be really hard to stop us winning.
    These four games are really important but every game is VITAL
    Homer: I'm gonna make sure these deliveries are made on time.
    Bart: Let me come with you
    Homer: Dont you have school!
    Bart: Dont you have work!
    Homer: Ah Touche!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    but the next game is most important - we spend all our time talking about rovers dundalk cobh limerick and its draws at home against the supposed lesser teams that are costing us - and will cost us in the long run

so 3 points friday and forget about the rest - doesnt matter what happens thursday in rovers vs dundalk then
    more water!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    if we dont win on friday theres no point in even thinking about winning anything. we're a better team than monaghan and we need to show that this week. monaghan were already humbled by the mighty kildare this weekend and we need to show them just how good we can be

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

a win is a win,

but it wasnt pretty,the lads looked out on their feet in last 10mins for obvious reasons.
    guys here on this forum who were very quick to go into a rant criticising the players when we were slipping up should now start rightly praising the lads for their efforts over the past week especially.
    the next game is the most important one,obviously,9 cup finals left,its gonna get very interesting,c'mon utd.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    hopefully by friday the team will be refreshed from last weeks excursions, and will be able to show us exactly what they're made off. the fringe players that are getting a run now have to perform and perform soon, as we cant afford to be saying things like "oh he just needs some games@ and "all he need is a goal to get him going". its 27 games into the league and its too late in the season to be saying stuff like that. if your not at your best at this stage theres got to be questions asked