Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Kerr, McAteer and Fleming oh my!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Kerr, McAteer and Fleming oh my!

It was reported in the red tops today that Danny is after Brian Kerr to become the new Limerick FC manager, whilst admitting it's an ambitious move, he says we're an ambitious club. Danny also goes on to say that Jason McAteer and Curtis Fleming are being considered for the post. Thats the nuts and bolts of it, now lets get down to damaged paintwork....

Could Danny please stop turning this club into a running Eircom league joke. When one of the lads read that piece in the Mirror this morning he literally doubled over laughing, and he's a bloody Finn Harps fan! ( ). I mean Brian Kerr of all names to throw out, how can anyone take that seriously. I'm sure Danny will try contacting him alright once he brings his head down from the clouds, but does anyone expect Kerr, who thinks he's good enough to manage a top Championship side at least (he's not, but thats another matter) to go to the perennial mid table First Division side? Then to make matters worse Danny goes on about McAteer and Fleming being the back up options, haven't we all learned from Bohs mistake with Farrelly what bringing a former Irish international with no managerial experience to a club can do? And thats not even contending with the fact that the pair of them have cushy coaching roles at their clubs in England, and most likely will be able to get a small League One job with the likes of Barnsley or Swindon this season, or Sheffield United in the 08/09 season (take that Neil Warnock).

I'll say it again Danny, this needs to stop, imagine what the Cobh or Galway fans will say when we talk of Kerr, Fleming or McAteer for the job and end up appointing Billy Barrett?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Could do a lot worse than give Billy the job...at least til the end of the season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap View Post
    Could do a lot worse than give Billy the job...at least til the end of the season.

Agreed, what I said was in context to Danny talking up a recent ex-Ireland manager for the job and then handing it to the u-21 manager

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    As laughable as Kerr getting the post is, at least he knows the league. McAteer in particular would be a disaster and it's embarressing for the league as well as Limerick to be mentioning people like him.

Your Chairman shows a lack of knowledge with statements like that...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It's obvious he's not serious. It's just a way to get your clubs name in the papers. Journos will believe anything.

KOH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Hoop View Post
    It's obvious he's not serious.
    KOH
    Obviously but most people reading it will just think he's stupid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I have no problems whatsoever with ambition, even if its being overtly over ambitious. It marks a welcome change from the decades of unambitious small talk from small time people that this club has been cursed with again and again.
    However, if this club was actually serious and we wanted to hire "big names" then the questions really start flowing.
    Like for instance can this club support a "big name" manager financially from week to week, every week for the length of their contract? Can we give that manager what he needs to do his job properly both in terms of finance and professionalism within the club? Can we give him a coaching staff that does not disapear half way through the season? Can we afford to pay a backroom staff of the coach's choosing? Can the club present an appealing and exciting package whereby the efforts of such a manager are twinned by the realistic ambitions of the club and their concrete plans to pursue them?
    If so, this money will be coming from the pockets of Danny Drew at a loss to himself unless or until we achieve success, consistantly. If he was willing to do that then he should be applauded (and then admitted!).
    It seems crazy though considering the general consensus that Pat Dolan would cost us too much, that Brian Kerr would be easily supported by the club and furthermore that we could sell Limerick FC to him.
    And if we were to splash the cash why pay big money to McAteer or Fleming when someone like Houghton or Aldridge has managerial experience. Still, no matter how it's written it still looks like a p*ss-take doesn't it. Sure why stop there, isn't O'Leary out of work at the minute?
    If its more of the "PR" which presented itself last season then it's just cheap, tacky and insulting to the supporters and the club. If its ambition then maybe its just naeive, but who knows what the future might bring if we first achieve premier status, and be a consistantly good performer from season to season with the crowds to match.
    Limerick 3:7
    "Marvel not that I said unto thee, ye must be born again"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus View Post
    It was reported in the red tops today that Danny is after Brian Kerr to become the new Limerick FC manager, whilst admitting it's an ambitious move, he says we're an ambitious club. Danny also goes on to say that Jason McAteer and Curtis Fleming are being considered for the post. Thats the nuts and bolts of it, now lets get down to damaged paintwork....

Could Danny please stop turning this club into a running Eircom league joke. When one of the lads read that piece in the Mirror this morning he literally doubled over laughing, and he's a bloody Finn Harps fan! ( ). I mean Brian Kerr of all names to throw out, how can anyone take that seriously. I'm sure Danny will try contacting him alright once he brings his head down from the clouds, but does anyone expect Kerr, who thinks he's good enough to manage a top Championship side at least (he's not, but thats another matter) to go to the perennial mid table First Division side? Then to make matters worse Danny goes on about McAteer and Fleming being the back up options, haven't we all learned from Bohs mistake with Farrelly what bringing a former Irish international with no managerial experience to a club can do? And thats not even contending with the fact that the pair of them have cushy coaching roles at their clubs in England, and most likely will be able to get a small League One job with the likes of Barnsley or Swindon this season, or Sheffield United in the 08/09 season (take that Neil Warnock).

I'll say it again Danny, this needs to stop, imagine what the Cobh or Galway fans will say when we talk of Kerr, Fleming or McAteer for the job and end up appointing Billy Barrett?
    Why doesn't he go whole hog and try to entice Big Sam away from the Reebok.
    Unity is Power, Power if shared is Strength, Limerick 37 serving the Community of Limerick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thelimerick View Post
    I have no problems whatsoever with ambition, even if its being overtly over ambitious. It marks a welcome change from the decades of unambitious small talk from small time people that this club has been cursed with again and again.
    But I've seen one of those previous 'small time people' becoming very active again within the club for the past 12 months, and this man was a common hate figure amongst all, and got a hefty payoff to leave the club. Now he seems to be pulling the strings again, and is probably getting paid for it.Thats not progress, thasts pure ****.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PinBallWizard View Post
    But I've seen one of those previous 'small time people' becoming very active again within the club for the past 12 months, and this man was a common hate figure amongst all, and got a hefty payoff to leave the club. Now he seems to be pulling the strings again, and is probably getting paid for it.Thats not progress, thasts pure ****.
    Well, I'm petty sure that there isn't a long queue of people prepared to help out at the club for various reasons, so any assistance is probably greatly appreciated, especially if it has knowledge of or experience in dealing with the powers that be in matters concerning the EL/FAI.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well, I'm petty sure that there isn't a long queue of people prepared to help out at the club for various reasons, so any assistance is probably greatly appreciated, especially if it has knowledge of or experience in dealing with the powers that be in matters concerning the EL/FAI.
    JoeSoap, if I'm right I seem to remember that you never had much time for the gentleman in question, and you now seem thankful that a man that brought the club to his knees and got paid off for doing it is now back in a position of control, or at least acting as an advisor to the charman. Why the sudden change of heart??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    No change of heart from me on this subject. The point I was making is that not a lot of people seem to be interested in helping the club, so the club has to take whatever assistance it can get.

My opinions on said gentleman are and have been well documented. I'm not going to open that can of worms again, its old news.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No change of heart from me on this subject. The point I was making is that not a lot of people seem to be interested in helping the club, so the club has to take whatever assistance it can get.

My opinions on said gentleman are and have been well documented. I'm not going to open that can of worms again, its old news.
    Lads please say who this gentlemen is.Or at least give initials??