Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Told you so?

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Question Told you so?

Is the bandwagon getting ready to roll again? All those "give him another chance" and "wipe the slate clean" people getting their nooses ready for murphy? I think the result against drogs was a harsh but necessary dose of reality. It's gone from "we're on the way down next season" to "we're gonna win the league" Like it or not people, things will not improve with LM in charge. We may get highs- beating shels and rovers last season. or the first 3 games of this season. We may sign very talented players- grady last season, georgie and O'Flynn this season, but things will never get better.

OUT OUT OUT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    In fairness, its a bit too soon to start this Murphy out thing again after losing one match!
    I wasnt at the game so I dont know if the lads played well or not but maybe City only play well at home and in front of the hme crowd?
    Whats the betting that the crowd will be down a fair bit this sunday?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Re: Told you so?

Originally posted by Éanna
    Is the bandwagon getting ready to roll again? All those "give him another chance" and "wipe the slate clean" people getting their nooses ready for murphy? I think the result against drogs was a harsh but necessary dose of reality. It's gone from "we're on the way down next season" to "we're gonna win the league" Like it or not people, things will not improve with LM in charge. We may get highs- beating shels and rovers last season. or the first 3 games of this season. We may sign very talented players- grady last season, georgie and O'Flynn this season, but things will never get better.

OUT OUT OUT
    Give it a rst will ya? i thought we played well and were unlucky not to win it in the end...we hit the post twice.

At this stage Eanna its like as if your waiting for a reason to be critical. Sad

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One Game?

After one loss in a very close match where we played lovely stuff and were unlucky not to get at least a point all of a sudden we are crap?

The anti-gunther campain will have as much credibility as a Fine Gael Economic policy if you continue to clutch at straws everytime we lose after playing well enough.

Hoping to go through the season with a 100% record is a tad unreasonable
    Oh no not them again

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Murphy is here for the rest of this season so might as well get used to it. Only a city team on the brink of relegation would see him removed before the end of the season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by pete
    Murphy is here for the rest of this season so might as well get used to it. Only a city team on the brink of relegation would see him removed before the end of the season.
    And lets be honest, thsts not gona happen. Some important games coming up starting with Derry on Sunday, this time in 3/4 weeks should tell us where we are as regards a title push

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yeah, he has to be given a chance to see if he can make use of the squad and bring in some different game plans. I said elsewhere that he has plan A and only plan A, but he must get the chance to prove us wrong.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Told you so?

Originally posted by Éanna

OUT OUT OUT
    How many of this season's games that you are basing your opinion on have you seen? Personally the home games were a complete eye-opener for me and I'll not be calling for anyone's head for a while yet

the ant-gunther? You better watch out you don't turn into mini-Moses....
    don't worry, they couldn't hit an elephant at this dis......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    thought first half we played well
    second half we didnt

went 1-0 down and gunther seemed to have no gameplan or change of plan ..

greg looked good when he came on though

colin T, i'm sorry shouldnt be playing and really should give billy back his number 7 jersey

as for jumping on gunthers back and chanting gunther out, i really cant see what good that will do the team at this stage, so any suggestions of that nature are neive, ill concieved and plain stupid to say the least
    stay think he's the wrong man to manage the club and is an ignorant and rude mother****er at times, though

as for your comments SOC about us playing well, fair enough in the first half ..but were u actually watching the second half or did u stay upstairs in the excellant club bar as i was tempted to do after my halftime refreshments
    city were complete pants in the second half, and for alot of it resorted to drog tactics off hoofing the ball

hahaha and from reading jw's board it seems the city supporters over in the stand - the opposite side to where we were ( and we know who you are ) were causing some trouble in the second half
    seems an atmosphere not suitable to a 'family enclosure' was present over there

tut tut, i say

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by COLM
    In fairness, its a bit too soon to start this Murphy out thing again after losing one match!
    I'm not staring it again, because I never stopped it.

Pablo, I'm not waiting for a reason to criticise- I gave him credit where it was due for making some good signings in the summer, and I will criticise when I see fit.

As I said before, I am implacably opposed to that man remaining manger of CCFC, that will not change.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Re: One Game?

Originally posted by SÓCcfc
    After one loss in a very close match where we played lovely stuff and were unlucky not to get at least a point all of a sudden we are crap?

The anti-gunther campain will have as much credibility as a Fine Gael Economic policy if you continue to clutch at straws everytime we lose after playing well enough.
    Where did I say we were crap. I didn't because I wasn't there. As for clutching at straws, well there plenty of people doing that last season and most of them were chanting murphy in

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    yes, up to Sunday all was encouraging. Maybe it was a setback.

As for the Anti Gunther stuff. Well okay maybe we are jumping the gun, but what i fail to understand is that if he was in the middle of a master plan why didnt he eyperiment last season when we were certain of ssafety from relegation. Why did he insist on playing NH when he knew he was quitting. etc etc etc.

Maybe he has learned a lesson. I dont know, but time will tell.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Agreed. What has basically happened here is that a huge number of people said "ok, give him another chance" at the end of last season and I refused, because he's had more than enough. If this is only a blip, it's only a blip and I will accept that, but no way am I just gonna turn the other way and start worshipping murphy just cos he actually won a few games for a change.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I dont think that anyone is asking you to worship the guy, we all know that's against your religion! However its a bit harsh to start critising him after being (apparently) unfortunate to loose one game. Im not too sure how much credit your critisim will get while you're not actually at the matches. Fair enough last season wasnt exactly vintage stuff to put it mildly, but things really do look better this year.
    As I say, we're just young & a bit nieve.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Don't worry troy, I'll be back next week and then I can really start No, like I said, i will give the guy credit where he deserves it, but I will never have any faith in him as a manager.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If you will never have faith in him then how can you ever give objective prase or critisism?
    As I say, we're just young & a bit nieve.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by Troy.McClure
    If you will never have faith in him then how can you ever give objective prase or critisism?
    To the same extent that someone who DOES have faith in him can.