Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL 2006/07

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation Cork AUL 2006/07

Has Anybody Got Any Comments On The Cork Aul ,do you Think The Standard Is Good,any Imput

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    the standard in premier/premierA is pretty good as shown by grattans run in the fai this year beating clonmel and peake who scraped past 10 men kinsale in the previous round, fairview clonmel town are some of teams that have been beatan by cork aul teams in recent years. blarney ****ed the senior first division when they went senior after finishing runners up in premier league. I do think the league is run really badly, with up to date tables especially hard to get towards the end of the season, some of the pitches are really bad, and the decision of the aul to put prem teams in the first round of the AOH is laughable.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down how the aul cork aul is run

your comment regardin the prem sides being put in to the first round of the aoh is right,i was at the delegate meetin the night it was voted in an i knew it was goin to be a bad idea,the whole thing about the aoh is that 3rd, and 2nd division teams can get to the 3rd round when the top sides were let in and that way those sides felt a little pride in being in the 3r round proper with the top sides,knowin they might draw the likes of grattan so to speak,that aint happenin now though,prem sides drawin 3rd division sides in the first round and beatin them 7 an 8 nil,then destroyin 2nd division sides,some first division sides get through but the prem side seem to always be there for the quarters, anit good for the game, i remember when i played with a first division side in 93 that got to the aoh final and we played passage who were one of the best sides in the league if not the country,twas like walkn out at wembley trodin onto turners cross,we thought we were goin to be giant killers,got hammered 3.0,**** happens the aul is like an old machine that wont accept that its time for an upgrade,we must be the only league with out a proper website,our aul side after a recent game went to the ardmanning bar for chicken suppers,still wrapped in mr lennoxs paper,the dublin aul went to the berlington for a four course meal,the aul is like an old machine that just dosent want to get an upgrade,its better to use pencils and ink rather than a computer accordin to them,i would love to get envolved with the aul set up but i dont even know how to get on it,its like a secret cult,funny handshskes,i think its when your dyin you have to nominate someone with your last breath all jokes aside its kind of embarrisin,the rebel county my arse we're lke a load of hicks to the rest of the country

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Foot.ie! Cork Soccer

Soccer in Cork should not be divided between the AUL and the MSL. There are terrible senior league teams who wouldn't win a match in the AUL Premier. (Temple Utd and Crosshaven are brutal). Grattan, Leeside, Kinsale (Munster Senior Cup semi-finalists last year) and Maymount (+ others?) would hold their own in the MSL 1st div if not the Premier. Passage and Blarney have done very well since going into the MSL.
    There should be automatic promotion and relegation between all the divisions in Cork, whether you call the divs senior or junior doesn't really matter. However, the suits would not like this situation where comittees were joined. They would lose their power, international tickets etc. So I can't see a logical solution anyday soon.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shilts View Post
    Soccer in Cork should not be divided between the AUL and the MSL. There are terrible senior league teams who wouldn't win a match in the AUL Premier. (Temple Utd and Crosshaven are brutal). Grattan, Leeside, Kinsale (Munster Senior Cup semi-finalists last year) and Maymount (+ others?) would hold their own in the MSL 1st div if not the Premier. Passage and Blarney have done very well since going into the MSL.
    There should be automatic promotion and relegation between all the divisions in Cork, whether you call the divs senior or junior doesn't really matter. However, the suits would not like this situation where comittees were joined. They would lose their power, international tickets etc. So I can't see a logical solution anyday soon.
    any ideas on what castleview are like? St michaels playing them this weekend in munster Junior

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Foot.ie! Castleview

Castleview's junior team play in the AUL Premier A. The 2nd div of the AUL. Their senior team are a top class side in the MSL Premier. The junior team are playing good stuff this year and they should be in the hunt for promotion. They gave Kinsale a fright in the FAI Junior Cup only losing 3-2, I think. Patsy Freyne (their senior manager) plays for the juniors and is still a class act. They like to play a passing game out from the back and like any northside team won't take any prisoners. Would be very surprised if they beat St. Michaels away though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    hi lads, any info on where Grattan Utd play ? and possibly directions for coming down the weekend ?
    'You should never have a bad game, off the ball.......'

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    can someone tell me the difference between Premier and Premier A? Does Premier A play on Saturdays?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    heard gratten are doin bad in there league

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Noddy View Post
    can someone tell me the difference between Premier and Premier A? Does Premier A play on Saturdays?
    The premier is the top division in the AUL and the premier A is below that, then der's 3 first division leagues, 3 second division leagues and 3 third division leagues.

Teams can play either Saturday or Sunday, think they request which day they prefer to play on at the start of the season.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the only 1 View Post
    heard gratten are doin bad in there league
    Think they were 3rd or 4th the last time I checked, can't read much into that though they've only played 3 league games and have a 100% record.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down directions and grattans form 2 date

grattan play up in knocknaheeney,right across the road from APPLE computers ,comin limerick to cork road it will be on your right hand side and is very well sign posted,any need for futher directions just ask any one where apple computers is and they will tell you,grattans pitch is right across from it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,on grattans form they have played 3 league games and won 3,they have played 15 cup games in all competions and have not been beaten by any side in either 90 mins or extra time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so who ever told you that grattan were struggling is a tad wrong and i would not be seriously askin him for his advice if i was you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hooperlooper View Post
    grattan play up in knocknaheeney,right across the road from APPLE computers ,comin limerick to cork road it will be on your right hand side and is very well sign posted,any need for futher directions just ask any one where apple computers is and they will tell you,grattans pitch is right across from it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,on grattans form they have played 3 league games and won 3,they have played 15 cup games in all competions and have not been beaten by any side in either 90 mins or extra time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so who ever told you that grattan were struggling is a tad wrong and i would not be seriously askin him for his advice if i was you.
    what is the pitch , setup like ?
    'You should never have a bad game, off the ball.......'

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Hooper
    Best of luck to Grattan tomorrow against Pike!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    they'll need it!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by maestro View Post
    they'll need it!
    Nice one kid, they got it!! Stand by as the excuses flow in for Pike's shock exit...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goals4fun View Post
    what is the pitch , setup like ?
    It think this is it, top right with Apple Computers bottom right, am i right ??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Does anyone know of any Cork AUL websites?
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    Does anyone know of any Cork AUL websites?
    heres a couple of crappy ones

http://groups.msn.com/CorkAUL
    http://billylyons.blogspot.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Well done to Grattan on their win and I'd like to wish them all the best in their game this weekend against Villa F.C.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast