Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Man and Stag Parties

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Best Man and Stag Parties

Lads, anyone got any good ideas etc. on this barr dishing the dirt during the speech, anyone have any original gags.

Where is a good spot to have a stag? Anyone have bad stories, given that alot of places are not stag friendly?
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    started up a thread on this last year, hope ya find it useful!

http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=25263&highlight=stag

My brother had his in Letterkenny, class place! i wouldnt recommend the cities though. or Dundalk!
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    For what its worth i had a great weekend in Liverpool last weekend can wholeheartedly recommend the place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Letterkenny is a top spot alright.....they are stag (and hen) friendly.

Another good thing to do is come to the Rally School of Ireland in Monaghan do a day rallying or go to Glaslough and do quad biking or horse riding or play a great round of golf or footie at Astro Parks at Century Homes Park and then have a good (but not expensive) feed in the Pig followed by copius amounts of alcohol in one of the many fine establishments b4 hitting the Forum, Deerys or Lotus nite clubs!

Maybe I should have stuck with the tourism thing......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicme
    Letterkenny is a top spot alright.....they are stag (and hen) friendly.

Another good thing to do is come to the Rally School of Ireland in Monaghan do a day rallying or go to Glaslough and do quad biking or horse riding or play a great round of golf or footie at Astro Parks at Century Homes Park and then have a good (but not expensive) feed in the Pig followed by copius amounts of alcohol in one of the many fine establishments b4 hitting the Forum, Deerys or Lotus nite clubs!

Maybe I should have stuck with the tourism thing......
    you would'nt be recommending Monaghan would you? Anything ive heard about having stags in Dublin or Galway have ended up the same, most pubs not letting in groups and stuff, not worth the hassle at all.
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    If you want to go abroad Hamburg is a very good and relatively cheap place for a stag.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face
    Lads, anyone got any good ideas etc. on this barr dishing the dirt during the speech, anyone have any original gags.

Where is a good spot to have a stag? Anyone have bad stories, given that alot of places are not stag friendly?

Liverpool for the stag is a great weekend, plenty of good lapdancing bars too . One thing on the speech, when I was the best man I spoke from memory. I did my homework beforehand and memorised the structure of my speech so I knew which "chapter" was next. Personally I don't think it looks great if you're reading from a script, sure if you can't tell a few stories about you best friend without having to read it from a page it doesn't say a lot...but that's just me maybe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    was on a stags earlier this year in liverpool, had a class time.
    doing best man in december too and the stag is planned for newcastle.

best places in Ireland i'd say would be letterkenny or tralee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ehhhhhh for the oul best man speech dont do what yer man did at me cousins wedding and begin the speech with .... "So basically, I turned to the Chinese Ambasador and I said, no you suck my dick Mr. Ambasador"!

Went down like a lead baloon!
    Eoin Mullen, Bohemians legend!

"You should always take good care of your cat" - Postman Pat, 1991

2005 - a great year for Irish football

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    i'm hoping to have mine in preston, been there before, great town and hope to catch the footie on the sat afternoon.
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    I had my stag in Tullamore back in 1906 (it feels as if it was 100 years ago anyway). A gang of us travelled by train from Galway and my mates from Dubland were able to get the train in the opposite direction. There were 21 of us at the stag in total and we didn't get any hassle or grief from the locals. The train station is very central and we all stayed in the Bridge House Hotel (I think that was the name) and there was a massive night club attached to it.

Ironically, we got a great feed in a Chinese Restaurant called The Paddyfield which inspired my username for this forum.

Tullamore is a cool place and the locals appreciated us spending our few quid in the town. The general rule of thumb in Ireland is that any town that isn't on the coast is just a kip. Well, Tullamore is the exception..along with Kilkenny I suppose. It pi$$€$ all over Athlone anyway

Other good spots for stags are Kilkenny, Ennis and Las Vegas. I rest my case.
    Nobody knows us, we don't care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    indeed i have eaten is this place while on dj tour with max power, he was playing in the old night club wiseguys. he also later went on to do saturday nights in the new 1 veune, but by that time we had moved onto battered sausages from the roma.

anyways to avoid wrangler jeans stay away from the bridge house, the smell of pig $hit and brut would get ya high.

anyways i agree with the paddyfields, mighty spot for a bolde weekend or 6
    The Pie Man has spoken

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    780 Posts
    I've done 4 bestman speeches and quite a few other public speeches. Here are some standard lines and gags I've used:

Now before I begin can I ask you all to stamp your feet. Come on please you can do better than that. Thank you. That was at the request of the hotel as they're having a lot of trouble with cockroaches at the moment!!"

"Ladies and gentlemen. That's the only bit I've prepared - the rest of the speech is downhill. Now I've been asked not to bore you with a long speech this evening....so I am going to do my best to bore you with this short one. I am a bit nervous since this is the first time I have spoken after dinner,------ except during other people's speeches. Furthermore, I am making this speech under a considerable handicap - I am sober." (TRY AND HAVE THESE LINES LEARNED OFF)

If he plays chess here are a few lines.

"Not many people know that Groom (name) is actually quite a good chess player so he'll be able to show (Bride) a few good mating positions. Actually when I recently showed him one of the chess games I lost and asked him how I should have played it, he replied somewhat hurtfully "Under an assumed name"

This one always gets a good laugh - doesn't matter if its not true but it helps if the groom is not good at time keeping and has a job.

"Groom (name) as you all know is not great at time keeping so much so that one day, after he was late yet again, his boss (name if you know it) called him in and said to him "You should have been here at 9 o'clock" to which (Groom) naively replied "Why, what happened ?"

A couple of funny stories about the groom - nothing blue or risque. Anything amusing about how they met (find out from groom if you don't know)

Praise the bride - how well suited they are. Isn't see looking fantastic etc. Groom's friends are all greatly fond of him and now that he is departing from their batchelor midst, they must comfort themselves with the thought that they are not losing a mate but gaining an other friend in (bride). Looking at it like that, what a bargain they've got.

I congratulate (groom) on the best thing thing he has ever done - getting married to..bride.

You're in good hands now. Here's to bride and groom - long life and happiness.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Your real name is Bob Monkhouse, and I claim my prize.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'll be having me own Stag soon enough .......Got engaged on Sunday !!

Formerly: dublinharp carrickharp's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Block G Raptor
    I'll be having me own Stag soon enough .......Got engaged on Sunday !!
    Contrats!
    “Jockey Wilson . . . What an athlete.” - Sid Waddell
    www.donegaldarts.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    You are joking??? That was lightening quick!!!

Oh yeah, congrats!!!
    Sitting pretty!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumcondra Red
    You are joking??? That was lightening quick!!!

Oh yeah, congrats!!!
    Not really that quick. Marrying the girl I brought to my deb's 12 years ago!!First Love and all that. Took us a while(and a marraige(her) and three kids between us) to get back together but we've been going strong for three months now so feck it decided to pop the question!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dublinharp
    Contrats!
    Thanx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well done Block G, best of luck to you.