Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: RTE Sport Music

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts

RTE Sport Music

They always have good music at the end of Sunday Sport or the Premiership, or in the commercials for World Cups, Summer of Sport etc. Recently I've heard some gems like

Sigur Ros - Hoppipolla
    Sufjan Stevens - Chicago
    Snow Patrol - Hands Open

But the current ad with some dude spray painting on a wall, whats the music on that does anyone know. I wrote down the lyrics last time i seen it but have misplaced it so can't do a google. Anyone know what the tune is? And can you remember any other great tunes that RTE have played over sporting highlights recently?
    Remember Feeder-Just a Day after the 2002 World Cup. Brilliant.
    Last edited by Closed Account; 06/06/2006 at 12:42 PM.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    the song from the ad is the feeling-fill my little world. same band that sang sewn. popsy but good.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_denilson

Remember Feeder-Just a Day after the 2002 World Cup. Brilliant.
    Yeah that was quality - actually made me go out and buy a feeder album. Also Embrace - My Weakness is None of Your Business, played over scenes from the agony of the Spain game, was class.
    <insert witty remark>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Like the music that TV3 used for the latest eL Goal of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by joe_denilson

But the current ad with some dude spray painting on a wall, whats the music on that does anyone know. I wrote down the lyrics last time i seen it but have misplaced it so can't do a google. Anyone know what the tune is?
    Does anyone have a video of the ad btw?

Saw it once when I was over on Monday - but would love to see it again
    Last edited by sligoman; 18/06/2006 at 11:57 AM. Reason: merge
    Kom Igen, FCK...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    You know that song that's used in that famous montage RTE sometimes do, when Ireland do well in a sporting occasion, when they flash back through the likes of Eamon Coughlan, Ronnie Delaney, Sonia O'Sullivan, Ray Houghton's goal v England, Packie Bonner's save, what is that song? One Moment in Time isnt it?
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    However, picks the RTE Sport Music has an excellent taste in music. Feeder's Just a Day is a perfect anthem and the Embrace song mentioned was perfect for that moment too. The brilliance of their choices is made even better when you think that they sometimes have 15 inutes or less to choose a song for those end of game montages! Genius! And that The Feeling song is uber poppy but its perfect for that ad. Keep up the good work lads

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i think the embarace - My Weakness is None of Your Business was after the nervy saudi arabia match - brilliant choice though. on the rte dvd of the last world cup they have ash - there's a star, for the spain match, which was another excellent montage

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinR
    i think the embarace - My Weakness is None of Your Business was after the nervy saudi arabia match - brilliant choice though. on the rte dvd of the last world cup they have ash - there's a star, for the spain match, which was another excellent montage
    Oh you are right Embrace were on the Saudi match and the Spain one I rember was 3 Little Birds by Bob Marley I think.There was another one I think for the Cameroon match which goes 'All by myself,, cos I dont want to bring you down hold you down cos youre a friend...All by myself dont you think its funny now'....or something along those lines, does anyone know who it is I've heard it on the radio once or twice. Also there was that ad before a summer of sport where it was showing a kid swinging around on a rope, I think its quite well known, it goes 'just follow the day and reach for the stars' really got me buzzing for the Championship that year.
    <insert witty remark>

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis
    Oh you are right Embrace were on the Saudi match and the Spain one I rember was 3 Little Birds by Bob Marley I think.There was another one I think for the Cameroon match which goes 'All by myself,, cos I dont want to bring you down hold you down cos youre a friend...All by myself dont you think its funny now'....or something along those lines, does anyone know who it is I've heard it on the radio once or twice. Also there was that ad before a summer of sport where it was showing a kid swinging around on a rope, I think its quite well known, it goes 'just follow the day and reach for the stars' really got me buzzing for the Championship that year.
    Feeder-Just A Day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dmandmythdledge
    Feeder-Just A Day
    Great song!
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by dmandmythdledge
    Feeder-Just A Day
    Bit of a blond moment with that earlier,I know that song well. It was actually another song I was thinking of but for some reason I had that in my head. I meant the one that goes 'do want I want blah blah blah blah blah blah cos I'm gonna.... oh baby I told you sooo'.
    I'm going to blame the lack of kip totalled with too much vodski last night. Anyone remember that Cameroon one song?
    <insert witty remark>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Polyphonic Spree - Light and Day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Bit of a blond moment with that earlier,I know that song well. It was actually another song I was thinking of but for some reason I had that in my head. I meant the one that goes 'do want I want blah blah blah blah blah blah cos I'm gonna.... oh baby I told you sooo'.
    I'm going to blame the lack of kip totalled with too much vodski last night. Anyone remember that Cameroon one song?
    Hate to say I Told You So - The Hives.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    In RTE's World Cup Coverage, they occasionally played their compilation of the best goals of the tournament so far, that brilliant Argentinian goal, etc.

Can anyone identify the music that was playing in this segment? It was guitary, indyish kind of thing, it was all instrumental as far as I can remember (but they may just have looped a segment of it), but it sounded too polished to just have been recorded for RTE. This is a different track to the one that was used when they were showing the standings in the Groups, etc.

Anyone have any ideas? Any help would be appreciated.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Turns out the song I was looking for is 'Open Your Eyes' by Snow Patrol. Great tune.