Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Joe Gamble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy View Post
    He'd probably be in competition with Douglas for a place in the squad so if he impresses in the States he should keep his place.
    he should keep his place??..... by playing in the likes of bray and waterford!!.... dream on unless he moves to england he shouldnt and rightly so be called up again..... i taught it was a joke to see him play, when you consider how ppl are going on about lapira
    There's the right way, the wrong way.... and the Max Power way!! :-D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilberto_eire View Post
    he should keep his place??..... by playing in the likes of bray and waterford!!
    And Pats, and Derry, and Drogheda... Gamble is the type of player who could play the Gattuso role for us. You don't need to be playing against top opposition week in week out for that kind of role. All he has to do is keep his passes simple and give his absolute all as he usually does. Douglas will be playing in League 1 next season unless he gets a new club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelguineys View Post
    what do u mean by ungracious???
    Think about it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    he should keep his place??..... by playing in the likes of bray and waterford!!.... dream on unless he moves to england he shouldnt and rightly so be called up again..... i taught it was a joke to see him play, when you consider how ppl are going on about lapira
    so now you are comparing a professional footballer who has played for Ireland at EVERY level from Under 16 up to Senior to an unknown American College Kid?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Who ever it is that Gamble plays for in the EL, they have a good player, no doubt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Who ever it is that Gamble plays for in the EL, they have a good player, no doubt.
    That'd be us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    so now you are comparing a professional footballer who has played for Ireland at EVERY level from Under 16 up to Senior to an unknown American College Kid?
    ya but see the differance is lapira is going places in his career and is highly rated while gambles progression has somewhat stalled
    in 2yrs time lapira will be playing in europe and gamble LOI, we all know LOI players get a look in to the set-up up to U-21 anyway!!
    There's the right way, the wrong way.... and the Max Power way!! :-D

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    You're sh!tting me, Gamble plays for Cork, what about the conspiracy? I'll never trust another word that comes out of that man's mouth ever again.

Cork, that'll mean if Joe want to put himself in the shop window so to speak then he'll have one of those attractive Cork price tags.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    geysir quit the trolling.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    got a good laugh off joe after the game i was there in me ramblers jersey as he was walking past started calling him some not so nice nice the lad nearly ****ed his pants laughing at the ramblers jersey in the middle of a 20000 strong ecquador crowd. he had a great game tho not oe of those players looked out of there dept....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MojoPin View Post
    got a good laugh off joe after the game i was there in me ramblers jersey as he was walking past started calling him some not so nice nice the lad nearly ****ed his pants laughing at the ramblers jersey in the middle of a 20000 strong ecquador crowd. he had a great game tho not oe of those players looked out of there dept....
    Have you heard of punctuation? Cant really make out what you're saying.
    Life isn't all beer and football...some of us haven't touched a football in months

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ha ha fairly hugover here slept in a cupboard last night in some german guys hostel dorm ha ha........ wen joe walked past we gave him some friendly abuse comma he then got the fright of his life comma seeing me in my ramblers jersey fullstop

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    That reminds me of an Irish essay being dictated in my primary school. The teacher was less than impressed to notice that one of the kids had persistently transcribed "lán stad".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Capital t h-a-n-k-s full stop
    Life isn't all beer and football...some of us haven't touched a football in months

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You don't know what your talking about. We may not have Sky TV. We may not have great pitches. We may not have decent standiums. We may not have media hype and we may not have many decent fans but in recent years Irish soccer has reached an excellent standard and is certainly on a par with the champion ship in England whetehr you like it or not. You can think they have a great standard over in England lower divisions with their glitzy flash show but LOI players are outplaying them when they move there. FACT!!!
    The deepest layer of human thinking and feeling somehow knows that God must exist - Pope Benedict XVI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by finnpark View Post
    You don't know what your talking about. We may not have Sky TV. We may not have great pitches. We may not have decent standiums. We may not have media hype and we may not have many decent fans but in recent years Irish soccer has reached an excellent standard and is certainly on a par with the champion ship in England whetehr you like it or not. You can think they have a great standard over in England lower divisions with their glitzy flash show but LOI players are outplaying them when they move there. FACT!!!
    Good grief, how long before people on these boards go the whole hog and say its as good as the premiership.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceirtlis View Post
    Good grief, how long before people on these boards go the whole hog and say its as good as the premiership.
    Don't be silly. Its better than the premiership. Its IRISH. Not British. Im from Ireland.
    The deepest layer of human thinking and feeling somehow knows that God must exist - Pope Benedict XVI

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Gamble did not have much chance to impress last night (same as all the subs really) as they game was unstructured & he had to play 2 different roles in short space of time. Hopefully he will get to start on saturday if Kilbane is missing.

Its foolish to suggest that Gamble would get picked for senior squad without so many injuries. He was however one of the best players on the pitch (one with grass) in the B International & outshone Potter. Potter clearly played a whole lot better last night.

When Staunton picks numerous players who have never played first team football or started a first team game plus a US College player (you cannot be serious?) then top LOI players clearly are worthy of a place in the squad/team.

(p.s. stop the trolling, you know who you are...)
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by finnpark View Post
    You don't know what your talking about. We may not have Sky TV. We may not have great pitches. We may not have decent standiums. We may not have media hype and we may not have many decent fans but in recent years Irish soccer has reached an excellent standard and is certainly on a par with the championship in England whetehr you like it or not. You can think they have a great standard over in England lower divisions with their glitzy flash show but LOI players are outplaying them when they move there. FACT!!!
    Biggest load of bull crap I've read in my short time here.

I could go into an extremely long-winded explanation as to why, but since the majority of resident posters here are nowhere near as one-eyed as this, and seeing as how I've already written an essay in regards to your other post in the Ireland section, I don't feel the need to and can't be arsed anyway.

Address my post in the Ireland section, then I'll consider this worthy of a proper response.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    eL isn't on a par with the Championship.
    A few teams would survive there but i wouldn't say the past eL players are out-performing them.
    Still though, i wouldn't leave Derry, Drogs, City, Bohs or Pats for any Championship1 team.
    City definetly have the best bands playing at half-time.

O'Bama - "Eerah yeah, I'd say we can alright!"

G.O'Mahoney Trapattoni'll sort ém out!!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast