Thread: Gerrard to manage Liverpool?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Gerrard to manage Liverpool?

Gerrard wants long Liverpool link
    08/11/2005 - 12:31:37

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has revealed he hopes to one day coach at the Anfield club.

The 25-year-old England midfielder performed a monumental u-turn in the summer and signed a new contract after being set to join Chelsea in a British-record transfer.

At the time manager Rafael Benitez said he thought Gerrard could one day go on to become manager at the club and the player has admitted it is something he has thought about.

“I’m always thinking about what I’ll do after football. I know what the manager said in the summer but even before that it’s always been my idea to stay involved with this football club for as long as I can,” Gerrard told the club’s website, www.liverpoolfc.tv.

“I’ve been here since I was eight years of age and it would be wonderful to think I could still be here after hanging up my boots. Whether that’d be in a managerial or coaching capacity I’m not sure.

“Of course, I’m still only 25 and the end of my playing career is still a long way off but the future is something that is constantly on my mind. Whatever happens I hope it is something linked Liverpool.”

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i dunno why they are releasing that story now they must be right bored. that interview was done a month ago

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gerrard to Manage Liverpool

He is trying to repair the damage done by his aborted transfer moves during the summer. It is PR in it's purest form and fair play to him for having the nous to do it.