Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Irish players - Bolton v Spurs

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Irish players - Bolton v Spurs

Looks like Spurs entire Irish contingent are now bench warmers. Lets hope Bolton give them a good spanking. It's imperitive Keane leaves in January and Andy Reid might want to go too. Kelly may get another chance but I think the writing is clearly on the wall for Robbie.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbySands
    Looks like Spurs entire Irish contingent are now bench warmers. Lets hope Bolton give them a good spanking. It's imperitive Keane leaves in January and Andy Reid might want to go too. Kelly may get another chance but I think the writing is clearly on the wall for Robbie.
    Just a shame he can't read it.
    Did you ever notice that in every painting of Adam & Eve, they have belly buttons. Think about that...take as long as you want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    ba bum tsch
    I

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Celtic is the perfect place for Robbie in January, he could form a great partnership with Hartson. He clearly would enjoy being a superstar striker with his flamboyant celebrations even if he has to take a paycut, he would be a god there and as a confidence player this would help us. Get out of the premiership Robbie!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Is this what they mean by sexy football ? This is from Sporting Life

"Spurs built up a head of steam in the closing stages and were twice denied an equaliser by the woodwork when Mido's close-range effort smacked against the post and Paul Stalteri's cross-cum-shot hit the crossbar."

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    What's the news on Kevin Nolan's Irish granny?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    She has bolted along with the horse. He has represented England an under-age level and he is over 21. No can do. I blame Kerr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    sucks, cause he'd have been useful for us... He's about to get called up for England so time is running out....

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I was really screwed over by Bolton tonight. I had two bets on, one for Kevin Nolan to score first with the draw at 1-1, and the other for Spurs to win 2-1. Once Nolan scored I thought I stood a good chance. Gah!

I think it's time for Robbie to leave, he will never get his chance at Spurs. Reid's day may yet come however, as Spurs looked like they were crying out for width that Jenas and especially Davids cannot provide. Sooner or later he will get his chance.

Ade

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,314 Posts
    I only saw bits and pieces of the game, how did O'Brien do? He seemed to be back in the right full role again, was he there for the entire game?

Robbie barely touched the ball after coming on, the problem was Spur's midfield were being overrun by the stronger, more physical Bolton midfield, why not bring on Andy Reid instead and play with 5 in midfield, using numbers to beat the opposition?
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianovic
    I was really screwed over by Bolton tonight. I had two bets on, one for Kevin Nolan to score first with the draw at 1-1, and the other for Spurs to win 2-1. Once Nolan scored I thought I stood a good chance. Gah!

I think it's time for Robbie to leave, he will never get his chance at Spurs. Reid's day may yet come however, as Spurs looked like they were crying out for width that Jenas and especially Davids cannot provide. Sooner or later he will get his chance.

Ade
    Had that Nolan 1-1 scorcast myself, would have been a nice 50-1....

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty
    She has bolted along with the horse. He has represented England an under-age level and he is over 21. No can do. I blame Kerr
    Are you sure Nolan can't play for us??

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nolan for England??

Should I picked him when we had the chance!!

http://www.football365.com/news/story_168116.shtml

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    858 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanieBoy
    Are you sure Nolan can't play for us??

we did try to cap him as far as i know, seanieboy, but we waged a long battle with the english f.a. which began before he was even a first team regular at bolton, as i recall. but the mans first preference has always been the country of his birth.

i read as well that Kerr had gotten as far as to get him to play for us, during the fifa allegiance window year, but he was only willing to play in a friendly,therefore not tying his allegiance to us and Kerr viewed this as a tactic by Nolan to ratchet up the pressure on England to cap him and washed his hands of the matter.

now i have often been critical of Kerr,but i agree totally with his approach to that one, its meant to be an international honour to play for us not some tactic to achieve recognition elsewhere, or some kind of consolation prize.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    O'Brien had a very good game, looked very assured, and hardly ever wasted a ball. I’ve been hugely impressed by him so far.
    Always look on the bright side of life

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    858 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979
    I only saw bits and pieces of the game, how did O'Brien do? He seemed to be back in the right full role again, was he there for the entire game?

Robbie barely touched the ball after coming on, the problem was Spur's midfield were being overrun by the stronger, more physical Bolton midfield, why not bring on Andy Reid instead and play with 5 in midfield, using numbers to beat the opposition?
    O'Brien did well again and another clean sheet and a win with him involved wont be doing his case any harm. to me ,although he mucked in and did his bit defensively he is seems happier nearer halfway,comfortable in posession,likes to have a look and pick a pass. he was just not getting close enough to his winger on one or 2 occasions and they were crossing a bit too comfortably but thats being fairly picky. he did fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Spurs were very unlucky last night not to win that game never mind lose it. They created far more clearcut chances than bolton. 5 to Boltons 2. They had a goald which was ruled offside but Defoe was inside. They hit the crossbar twice. Robbie was terrible when he came on, gave the ball away the few times that he touched it. Spurs midfield competed well with Boltons long ball approach and if the ref had of done his job along with his assistant it woudl have been at leat a draw for Spurs. Also the Bolton goal should not have counted as Diof handled the ball in the build up to the goal.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Spurs have been a very pro Irish club over the lat few years so I dont understand that hatred towards them at all. I would hardly think that Spurs midfield is crap. There are not man better in the Premiership.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I agree with you there. I have the same feeling towards Birmingham. Last year when Cunningham was still playing for us and Morrison was up front they were one of my favourites, now that Morrison’s moved on and Cunningham retired I hope they get relegated. Frankly any manager that picks Heskey over Morrison deserves everything he gets.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hither green
    I agree with you there. I have the same feeling towards Birmingham. Last year when Cunningham was still playing for us and Morrison was up front they were one of my favourites, now that Morrison’s moved on and Cunningham retired I hope they get relegated. Frankly any manager that picks Heskey over Morrison deserves everything he gets.
    Pandiani is worse. I pray that Brum go down now. Bruce deserves it. I hope O'Leary goes down too.

One of the older guys in work here is involved with West Ham and used to have a share in an agent's' business. I told him how the likes of Pandiani etc. are getting favoured over people like Morrison & it drives me mad. I said the managers are blinded by exotic CVs, my mate says it's purely down to money: foreign transfers earn more in backhanders than Irish players.

I'm the same with Spurs: if the Irish are playing I want them to win, otherwide I passionately want them to lose! I was in the odd position last year, as an Arsenal fan, of wanting robbie to scoire with a late headed chance at Highbury, or at least forcing a great save.