Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Limerick Fc 0 Galway Utd 1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down Limerick Fc 0 Galway Utd 1

Absolutely shocked by this result, conditions for the game were terrible, not a night for football. We were well on top in the first half but we couldn't make our dominance pay in terms of getting on the scoresheet. Second half Galway came at us more and be fair they scored a very good goal, what worries me though is that our defence was no where to be seen for it. Lavine who didn't put a foot wrong all night ran in from the right and squared it to O'Brien who was completely unmarked to finish from the edge of the box. Limerick tried in vain to come back with Kelleher going closest but our plight was worsened by Jones's sending off, a 2nd bookable offence (diving). Thats 2 defeats in a row now and playoffs now look beyond us. Its very frustrating as a supporter to see what is going on, on the pitch especially now as we have some quality in our side. You would expect McGrath to shine at this level but gave away the ball too often tonight. Wolfe's distribution is terrible, Kerins is not good enough, Nolan is gutless (does this guy have it in his contract that he plays every game????) and Keating is also not up to it either. Does anyone know why Donnellen, Molan and Bakic were in the stand watching the game instead of being involved?? Also it would appear that NOC has no ideas when we go behind, why isn't Guerin getting more games and why is it only 5mins here and there, he showed more invention in the few mins he was on than Nolan showed in the whole game.Worrying times ahead for us, I hope the Limerick 2000 works, the way we're playing we'd be lucky to get 200.Big changes need to be made up front if we are to start scoring again, last 2 games we've scored 0 and conceded 5 not what you need facing into the final months of the season. Weather last night was cack, bit like our performance .
    Unity is Power, Power if shared is Strength, Limerick 37 serving the Community of Limerick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Just back from the match.Terrible conditions and a terrible first half from both sides.Second half we totally dominated and probably could have scored one or two more.Sending off was a bit harsh tbh but we have been unlucky in recent games with sending off's aswell. Both teams have alot of work to do to challenge for promotion next year.Consistency is the main problem.
    Last edited by Conor H; 11/09/2005 at 3:22 PM.
    www.galwayunitedfc.net -----New GUFC fans forum and Gust Website.

Europe's Big Club.
    "Cause Galway are MASSIVE"-RW Rover on 24/8/07 00:29am

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

what the f*%k?

Dunno should i write anything after seeing that. Pitch was playable but it rained heavy sice mid day and right tru. Good crowd for a miserable night but lets all push the limerick 2000 thing now, our season is very much over but its now that the fans of next year will get interesed. SC bus running to Kildare next week, new fanzine out for the limerick 2000 game so every fan make the effort to get yourself and (1+) to the Cobh game. On the playing side Kupec, Guiren, Bakic should all start from here on in as entertainment is the order of the day now. Religated should be Wolfe, Kerins and no surprise here Nolan IMO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gael353
    . Religated should be Wolfe, Kerins and no surprise here Nolan IMO
    Not religated gael, binned would be a better choice, for these 3 individuals and if NOC can't see this then bin him aswell.
    Unity is Power, Power if shared is Strength, Limerick 37 serving the Community of Limerick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Inept is the word that springs to mind after last night's shambles. Inept management and inept play. Why does NOC persist with Wolfe, Kerins and Nolan (If I see him shrug his shoulders one more time ...!) when they are not performing.

When Jones came on he showed very well and was very harshly sent off by another Cork Ref (say no more ). Why did he not start and where was Kupec?

BTW our top scorer is Still DEREK mcCARTHY !!!. and how long has he been gone now ? Some of the Team are not capable of playing at this level and NOC has mismanaged a LOI team once more. It's time for a change on and off the pitch as the season is now over and we may as well prepare for the new campaign asap.

Cobh 2000....youre having a laugh boy !!
    Last edited by JohnD; 10/09/2005 at 1:35 PM.
    "How Can you lie there and think of England when you don't even know who's in the team"-- B.Bragg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    agree with you on all John but we have to push for the limerick 2000 thing as next season might well depend on it. last night though with some good playmaking players on the bench (Kupec and Burke) they chose way too late IMO to throw on a big target man. FOR WHAT? For our fantastic winging duo of Kerins and Nolan to drop crosses onto his head? Its going to be hard but i still belive we can get a good crowd up for the cobh game.
    Last edited by gael353; 10/09/2005 at 3:26 PM. Reason: shur its limerick

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    agree with you on all John but we have to push for the limerick 2000 thing as next season might well depend on it.
    lads it a bit soon saying our season is over at this stage . cobh1 dundalk 1
    athl 0 sligo0
    dublin1 mon1
    all we need is kildare and killkenny to draw then the table dosent change .a couple of wins changes it all .the last 2 weeks have been a kick in the ass lets hope next weeks changes .by the way a message for joe soap you pulled off a great stroke on wednesday how do you think up these scams YOURE A LEGEND but its a pity the scam involved your own club .never believed what people said about you but unfortunately last wednesday you proved these people right YOUR A GIT. bye bye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    im all ears too but would the hint be Wednesday = international day? tickets perhaps?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    if we lose in kildare next week i reckon our season is over,too many other sides
    catching us up now,thought lavine was the difference between the teams last night,
    6 points isn`t exactly mount everest but there isn`t much confidence in the team at the moment,think we`re missing donnellan big time....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by willie john
    athl 0 sligo0
    dublin1 mon1
    all we need is kildare and killkenny to draw then the table dosent change .a couple of wins changes it all .
    That's all fine and dandy, but what about the small problem of us being sh!t? Are you not watching the games at all, or are you just delusional? We've been saying it all season - until the likes of Wolfe, Nolan and Kerins are given a one way ticket out of the first team we're going nowhere. I actually laughed at Wolfe a number of times last night, as did a few around me, as he managed to kick the ball back over his head when trying to kick it forward. The man is hopeless. Chris Kerins has no technical ability, can't pass, has no pace and a half arsed workrate. He shouldn't be near the team. Jamie Nolan's consistant appearances are a joke and it's as if NOC is purpously trying to make a point to the fans that he's the boss. There are other options but he persists with a player who offers nothing. That's bad management.

On the plus side I was happy enough with Chris Jones, John McGrath and Buckley. In ten minutes Jones made more of an impact and showed more guts than Nolan has all season. Says it all really. He looks a nippy, willing player and he was unlucky to be sent off. The first yellow was harsh as it looked worse than it was - Jones won the ball but because he had just been fouled before that it looked like a retaliation tackle, even though the Galway defender miscontrolled the ball. He did dive for the penalty though. Like wise Shane Guerin did well when he came on. John McGrath looked good at times, played some nice cross-field and angled balls, but as expected Kerins and Nolan were not on the same wavelength for some of those passes. Having said that I don't think Barrett and McGrath will work - they're both trying to do the same job and Barrett was anonymous last night.

As gael353 said, I want to see the likes of Kupec, Bakic, Jones, Guerin etc being played from here on in. What have we got to lose? Is Noel afraid that we might actually play some football . We're absolute rubbish as we are, so get the finger out Noel......

the last 2 weeks have been a kick in the ass lets hope next weeks changes.
    The question is, are you going to give Noel a kick up the ass Danny? Or is there a love-in going on at Limerick FC? Is Noel bribing you with free packet and tripe?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Donners

Quote Originally Posted by tooty
    there isn`t much confidence in the team at the moment,think we`re missing donnellan big time....

well he hadnt scored in a long time and if we're missing him id bring him back on the right in place of Keating (who should be at right back) hit the road Wolfe!
    Team for next week
    Mooney
    Keating, Buckley, Finnucane, Tobin (if injured Molem)
    Donnellen, McGrath, Burke/Kupec/Molem, Bakic
    Kelliher, Barrett/Guiren
    = 3 points.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    hit the road Wolfe!
    You have it in for Wolfe big time lately

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4tothefloor
    He is just 1 of at least 3 players who are not giving anything to the team and its frustrating to see that even though they are well below what you expect them to be, NOC continues to use them.I don't blame them as such, if they are playing to the best of their ability then its the manager that needs the rollicking because they simply are not good enough, IMO none of the 3 would have been good enough for last years team. Managers live and die by what happens on the field of play NOC is / should be on death row, just wondering how long we have to wait to see him walk the green mile.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

no way

Quote Originally Posted by 4tothefloor
    Pot, Kettle, black! No no no i dont have it in for any player and Wolfe is a lovley guy but...as for a football player at senior level i have my doubts. Same counts for Kerins and you guessed it, Nolan.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry

From the few limerick games this season this so called player that goes by the name of Jamie Nolan should be shipped off to bournemouth/southampton or some deep water port with a one way ticket. Kerins should take the road west and as for Woulfe Cobh might take him back. Why does DD and NOC sign these players ( Kapic, Rose and Buckley to name a few) and dont play them for weeks?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    athl 0 sligo0
    dublin1 mon1
    Limerick FC 0 Galway Utd 1!!!!!
    You just don't get it do you willie john.
    When all round us are dropping points and we have the opportunity to make inroads in to the teams ahead of us we shoot ourselves in the foot by losing at home yet again. Any time this season that we get a chance to get a good run going we never do and always fail to capitalise on the failings of other clubs when it happens. Our season IS OVER. We just have next year to look forward to now and hope that we have a decent squad of players who perform and start to get some consistancy going. I also hope that the promise of the early season which brought so many people to Hogan Park hasn't dwindled completely and that the crowds will increase next year. 1 year down. Only 4 to go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Agree with gael that Limerick2000 needs to be pushed to try and get some interest back in the club because it has fallen dramatically. Signing in rejects from England and former USSR main generate a short term interest in the casual Limerick support but thats all it will do.

Danny needs to realise that the football fans in Limerick who don't support lfc aren't going to pick up a copy of the Leader or the Post, look at a picture of himself and Noel smiling with some nobody who nearly broke into the Aston Villa reserve team and decide to start going to Hogan Park. The only way to get people up there is through word of mouth from the supporters that already go there. Now people have differant opinions on Noel/Danny/LFC this year, but realistically the feeling amongst most supporters this season has been very negative.

In what should have been a promising year for LFC and us supporters its been bogged down by Drew's antics and Limerick's sub-par performances. Where as when I have been asked about the club by non-LFC supporters I should have been telling them that the team were coming good and we should be in contention for promotion I've instead plumped for "our chairman's a tit, our manager is useless and team are tactically inept, long ball merchants" (I don't blame the players for that though, they don't decide on tactics after all).

Plus has anyone noticed when the focus of attention on this board has shifted towards the team Danny always pulls it back to himself? He may go on about us scumbags mouthing off about him at every turn, but I haven't been on here for a while, since before the Dundalk game anyway, and the way the last few topics have read to me is, the posters start talking about the new signings, Danny suddenly has a ridiculous argument with JoeSoap, no-one takes much notice, Danny posts a cryptic message about Joe screwing him over last wednesday, people start asking whats going on. The man is a egomaniac by the looks of things and hopefully people will start to wake up to that, I'm not even convinced that himself and Joe have fallen out, it's probably another attempt to pretend Willie John and Danny Drew aren't one and the same. Last time I was on I went on about Keely's 'Isn't Danny Great' column in the sun, saying that Danny probably put him up to it, and what happened, I was attacked again about my anti-Danny views. Fair enough when it comes to the club I think the man is an idiot, personally I have nothing against him, simply because I've never spoken to the man outside of buying a bag of crisps off him at the club shop one day. But the way the focus in the media and on this board is constantly on himself must have made others beside myself sit up and take notice? Theres still time to change your vote in 'Is Danny a Good Think for the Club' you know!?!

But either way you think, lets get behind the Limerick2000 thing anyway, and when thats over with then we can start talking about next season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jebus
    Danny needs to realise that the football fans in Limerick who don't support lfc aren't going to pick up a copy of the Leader or the Post, look at a picture of himself and Noel smiling with some nobody who nearly broke into the Aston Villa reserve team and decide to start going to Hogan Park. The only way to get people up there is through word of mouth from the supporters that already go there. Now people have differant opinions on Noel/Danny/LFC this year, but realistically the feeling amongst most supporters this season has been very negative.

In what should have been a promising year for LFC and us supporters its been bogged down by Drew's antics and Limerick's sub-par performances. Where as when I have been asked about the club by non-LFC supporters I should have been telling them that the team were coming good and we should be in contention for promotion I've instead plumped for "our chairman's a tit, our manager is useless and team are tactically inept, long ball merchants" (I don't blame the players for that though, they don't decide on tactics after all).
    Spot on. Exactly what I've been saying all along. A few people at the club are dying to know who '4tothefloor' is, just because you post an opinion on here. For those who want to know, I look like Gandolf from Lord of the Rings, complete with 4ft white beard. You can't miss me . Only at Limerick........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Fairplay to the people who were able to glean big posts out of that absolute debacle Friday night. Personally I got four things from the game:

1. Little Alan Gough IS in fact a scumbag and any sliver of respect I had for him has been wiped away.
    2. Apparent credence for my theory that Jamie Nolan and Rio O'Brien were indeed both borne of the same, rather lethargic Cork sperm.
    3. Got a good reminder that winter football is not big and not clever.
    4. Realised Football Manager is right, I am more competent than NOC and really another four games to improve and thats his lot IMO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    What did Goughie do?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast