Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Matches Friday 29th March to Monday April 1st

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Been at a couple games now and one thing I’ve noticed is how wasteful you are in front of goal. Could and should have scored more and then that poor mistake by the keeper would not have cost you two points.
    Yeah, we don't have a Kilduff/Kelly/Swan type this season who'll bang the goals in. Doyle tends to start stead of Danú but I think Danú poses more threat tbh (we livened up when him and Parker came on for example)

The Kerry keeper looked quite dodgy but we didn't really test him enough

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    That’s a very good win in Galway but really need to back it up at home to Waterford on Friday.
    Thought Bohs thoroughly deserved the win, great team performance, Mills was superb, Matheson on his debut was also brilliant, keeper always looked to be in control of his box and the crosses Galway put in was terrific. Should have been 3 or 4

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Getting to watch 4 games live in 0ne say (thanks pi Stu) is just magnificent!

Rovers were good, created a load of chances. But the mounting no of injuries has to be a concern. Over next few weeks the two Louth teams and two promoted teams will need some results or they’ll have their own mini league

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,636 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkicker View Post
    Thought Bohs thoroughly deserved the win, great team performance, Mills was superb, Matheson on his debut was also brilliant, keeper always looked to be in control of his box and the crosses Galway put in was terrific. Should have been 3 or 4
    Matheson was excellent. He put in some block there towards the end and was up and down all night. I have to say I really like Connolly too, he’s such a good outlet to relieve pressure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    Treaty were brutal in Athlone. Had a decent spell in the first half, but the second half was awful stuff, just rudderless, flat, almost resigned to defeat. Mahdy is woeful.
    Amazing how bad mahdy has gotten. He was woeful for Harps in the premier a few years ago and hasn't gotten any better since it seems

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Big turnaround from us today. The players of the game were Nolan, Turner & Bolger. Hopefully a corner has been turned but with Rovers on Friday could nip that in the bud. The ref was decent in the first half but had a mare in the second half very strange decisions particularly the peno that wasn’t given.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    A well organised though pretty limited Athlone deserved their 3 points,Treaty as is often the case rudderless ,summed up by a passage of play in first half which saw them pass the ball across the back multiple times and finally lump it into touch.coupled with Barretts bizarre tactical substitutions when he did finally change the shape of the team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Big turnaround from us today. The players of the game were Nolan, Turner & Bolger. Hopefully a corner has been turned but with Rovers on Friday could nip that in the bud. The ref was decent in the first half but had a mare in the second half very strange decisions particularly the peno that wasn’t given.
    forrester dropped, just a coincidence ye get the win? only saw highlights from pats games but hes looked very lazy defensively so far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thebronze14 View Post
    Amazing how bad mahdy has gotten. He was woeful for Harps in the premier a few years ago and hasn't gotten any better since it seems
    Couple of decent years at UCD but otherwise he's been fairly crap everywhere.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    We were pure stink there tonight, Bohs thoroughly deserved the win, and by a greater margin - comfortably the best performance from an opposition team that we have come up against this season

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Couple of decent years at UCD but otherwise he's been fairly crap everywhere.
    Was thinking that alright - more than decent for us in fairness. 12 in the 2018 title winning season - a great total given he was usually behind Georgie Kelly and Conor Davis. 9 in the Premier team that had a run of 12 defeats in a row; he scored two of our three goals in that period. 16 in the shortened 2020 season - top scorer in the division, ahead of Colm Whelan. Number 9 in our all-time senior goalscorers. But everywhere else he's gone - Shels, Harps, Bray, Treaty, Olympic Alexandria - hasn't worked out at all. Strange that the 2020 FD top scorer can maybe be on his last chance four years later.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Another disappointing result for Longford. Poor game of football. New pitch in Cobh was awful. Huge clumps of pellets all over the place, I'm told it will take 6-8 weeks to bed in properly. It's absolutely horrendous.

Two poor teams today. Cobh went more direct second half and got their reward but an awful lot of long aimless stuff too.

Longford crested feck all and gave away a crap goal again. Only for Brady we might have lost. Friday is huge now. A very disheartening start to the season.

What an utterly crap division it is this year btw.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    Another draw for Kerry. That's 5 draws in a row now. Kerry thought they had scored a late winner but it was flagged offside.
    Remarkably, Novara in Serie C lead the current global streak with eight straight stalemates!

https://www.fctables.com/stats/most_draws/

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    192 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    forrester dropped, just a coincidence ye get the win? only saw highlights from pats games but hes looked very lazy defensively so far.
    He was benched yesterday to rest him after running over 10.5km against Drogheda on Friday. Not exactly what you’d call lazy. Good call from Daly to be fair as he didn’t make many changes in the last Friday-Monday and the players looked dead on their feet that night down in Waterford

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...a78566933.html
    Last edited by 2 Year Contract; 02/04/2024 at 8:48 AM.
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Another disappointing result for Longford. Poor game of football. New pitch in Cobh was awful. Huge clumps of pellets all over the place, I'm told it will take 6-8 weeks to bed in properly. It's absolutely horrendous.

Two poor teams today. Cobh went more direct second half and got their reward but an awful lot of long aimless stuff too.

Longford crested feck all and gave away a crap goal again. Only for Brady we might have lost. Friday is huge now. A very disheartening start to the season.

What an utterly crap division it is this year btw.
    its the worst ive seen since probably 2018. absolutely appalling. city are haunted its so poor because any of the last 3 seasons i'd have us as like the 6th best in the division

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts
    Aside from his horrendous effort marking Amond for the goal vs Waterford I wouldn't say he's been lazy, but I don't think it's a coincidence that the team functioned better having Bolger in there to give Lennon a bit more help. It's not Forrester's fault specifically but the balance has just been off generally I think, swap him for Leavy yesterday and I'd say things would have still worked just as well.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    its the worst ive seen since probably 2018. absolutely appalling. city are haunted its so poor because any of the last 3 seasons i'd have us as like the 6th best in the division
    Wouldn’t be too harsh on 1st Div !…. Galway v Bohs last night brutal (maybe cos it’s Galway!)… but Dundallk v Drogheda yesterday not great either apparently

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Onapointoforder View Post
    Wouldn’t be too harsh on 1st Div !…. Galway v Bohs last night brutal (maybe cos it’s Galway!)… but Dundallk v Drogheda yesterday not great either apparently
    I started to watch the second half of the Louth Derby, it was so good I turned it off after 10 minutes. The pitch was terribly bobbley too much crumb rubber in some parts and none in others didn't help, but the game was terrible.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    192 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    Aside from his horrendous effort marking Amond for the goal vs Waterford I wouldn't say he's been lazy, but I don't think it's a coincidence that the team functioned better having Bolger in there to give Lennon a bit more help. It's not Forrester's fault specifically but the balance has just been off generally I think, swap him for Leavy yesterday and I'd say things would have still worked just as well.
    If Mulraney is out for Friday I'd stick Leavy on the wing in his place and then go with a midfield 3 of Lennon, Bolger and Forrester.
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkicker View Post
    I started to watch the second half of the Louth Derby, it was so good I turned it off after 10 minutes. The pitch was terribly bobbley too much crumb rubber in some parts and none in others didn't help, but the game was terrible.
    That actually is an improvement! Pitch neglected, rubber crumb added and brushed as per maintenance standards, but the added infill takes time to bed in. You could see it 'worst' in areas with most traffic like along the sidelines. That does not mean it wasnt bobbly but it should be relatively better in future games....which obviously means the hidden silky footballers in this Dundalk time will now come to the fore and we will be right on the coat-tails of 10th in November...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast