Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Matches 15/16th March 2024

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Fairly obvious I would have thought. Is our strength and conditioning good enough, how do we end up without a bench with the biggest budget in the league. I nearly gVe a poor auld lad a heart attack celebrating our winner doesn't mean I can't question the obvious
    Question away of course …. But all you said is conjecture not fact based ( re strength and conditioning) unless you are privy to something ?

We’ve had a mini injury crisis since the start of the season between injuries already sustained and others that have occurred since …. That happens , really don’t think there’s anything more to it than that….. bl##dy frustrating yes but imo not down to the training regime

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Question away of course …. But all you said is conjecture not fact based ( re strength and conditioning) unless you are privy to something ?

We’ve had a mini injury crisis since the start of the season between injuries already sustained and others that have occurred since …. That happens , really don’t think there’s anything more to it than that….. bl##dy frustrating yes but imo not down to the training regime
    C’mon now. Rovers have that many injuries each season, you’d give Tallaght Hospital A&E a run for their money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Nice win for Harps and a good second half after a stinker of a first. Good to see David Cawley getting into an advanced position and he took his goal very well. Proving to be an important signing for Harps.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    348 Posts
    Looking at Rodger’s for Pats this evening what’s their 3rd choice keeper like?!?!
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RealJohn91 View Post
    Pender doesn't have the right badges to take over full time and Croly still has his day job so that won't be happening unfortunately.
    BADGES????? We don’t need no stinking badges?

6. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Love that movie

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    And what person, dead or alive, would Stephen invite to dinner.

The Bohs march to the title is gathering steam.
    are Shels not mathematically confirmed as champions?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post

Of course it's conjecture hence me saying questions need to be asked.
    If we have to fill the bench with two keepers and Clarke who I would seriously doubt was ever going to play it is not good. Thank god we sneaked it at the end and derry slipped up, we need players back quickly. The international break will help.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Of course it's conjecture hence me saying questions need to be asked.
    If we have to fill the bench with two keepers and Clarke who I would seriously doubt was ever going to play it is not good. Thank god we sneaked it at the end and derry slipped up, we need players back quickly. The international break will help.
    It was a real huff n puff win but thats what was needed, thought Dan Cleary was poor again this evening with a lot of his medium range passing out going to the opposition. The strength and conditioning debate is interesting and has been a source of lots of debate amongst us elder lemons up at the back of the south stand my take on it is that there seems to be something in it but surely the Management team that are in place have recognised this and moved to address. It is also the case that some players are way more susceptible to getting injured if you have 2 or 3 in a squad it can be an issue. I Remember when Simon Power came to us we all said he will be injured most of the time, proven right.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Great comeback and 2nd half from Harps after counting their luck not to have been at least 3-0 down at halftime. Poor first halves and strong 2nd halves seems to be the way for Harps so far this season
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2024...-racial-abuse/

Its on the low key side for a Duffer general rant which makes it all the more believable. No evidence but maybe some in the crowd could speak up. Ye cant legislate for individual idiots but the days of being almost alone on a terrace are past so someone else heard and I dont think Duff would go there unless there was something to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    348 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post

Its on the low key side for a Duffer general rant which makes it all the more believable. No evidence but maybe some in the crowd could speak up. Ye cant legislate for individual idiots but the days of being almost alone on a terrace are past so someone else heard and I dont think Duff would go there unless there was something to it.

Appears it was a young kid,not condoning it at all,unacceptable but just some context…..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post

You’ll get idiots in every crowd. Some of the Pats fans around me are hard to listen to at times (though nothing racist or beyond the pale in terms of personal abuse I hasten to add.)Someone behind me was giving Duff some stick after the game (you’re only a mouthpiece etc) just stupidity more than anything else.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    348 Posts
    Longford/Treaty OFF

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Town vs Treaty is off. FFS. We've had two games!
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    223 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkicker View Post
    Bohs were brilliant tonight, not always pretty but they dug in and fought for it.
    Can't agree that Bohs were brilliant, bar Connolly and Keta who had great games.
    I thought the lacked quality, moreso on the City side.
    Horrendous stuff from Todd for the first. Nightmare performance from him. Hoban very quiet, as he got no service. Tones of the past few seasons there.

Less said about the game the better. Few weeks off, we should have a few lads back from injury.

More concerning to me is that we're boring. We have been for a time, but you'll get away with being boring as long as you're winning, but that's three aways in a row with no wins.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redarmyfaction View Post
    Was waiting on Waterford to fill my treble along with Bohs and Shels and watched last 30 at Oriel, neither team seemed particularly bothered about scoring, wheels coming off Waterford after their good start?
    Bothered, we have scored ONE goal in 5 games, and that was a free kick !
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    More concerning to me is that we're boring. We have been for a time, but you'll get away with being boring as long as you're winning, but that's three aways in a row with no wins.
    If you think you lot are boring, you better bring a pillow to the Ryan McBride when we pop up at the end of the month! Snooze-fest guaranteed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Appears it was a young kid,not condoning it at all,unacceptable but just some context…..
    If he is known all the more reson to nip it in the bud especially if he is young. Doesnt have to be a lifetime ban or anything like it, on this occasion an organised opportunity to apologise and maybe have him introduced to the diversity aspect of the club that there undoubtedly is from academy up. Thats being nice, ban him unless he gains some insight in to the impact of racism - Im sure there are plenty of groups that would only be too willing to help the chap make life less angry for him in future.

There will always be idiots as I acknowledged, and it doesnt reflect on St Pats or the fanbase but dont let Duffer be right about it be brushed under the carpet, zero tolerence is to prevent that slippery slope which tbh society in general is sliding on atm.
    I really dont think you can make too much of such a 'small' incident when it isnt a witch hunt, and education is basis of atonement.

Yup there is ott and personal abuse of players, coaches and officials, its as distasteful at times, Bradley can attest to the Cork example. I do enjoy when a mouth in the crowd is told to wise up and the shock evident when they cop they considered an idiot!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts
    Enjoyable, friendly atmosphere in terryland last night, with stewards and cops very relaxed - which makes a change. For that reason alone I sincerely hope Galway stay in the premier division,but I just cant see them surviving playing that kind of ball in this day and age- kick and rush won't get you enough points to survive, I think.
    Less said about Rovers the better at this moment in time,we are not at 1/10th of our levels.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast