Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Matches weekend 8th 9th March 2024

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts
    Barely hang on for the draw. That's a reality check after the first three wins. If you're going to try and absorb pressure and play on the break, you need to do better than that for both aspects of the plan.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts
    Will Aidan fitzgypo be declaring tonight that it might already be too late for Rovers to win the league, with Shels an insurmountable 11 points clear of the Champions. Poor enough game although in fairness the surface looked poor and made it a bit of a leveller. Joey O'Brien and his media monkey are doing a fine job there at shels,fair play. I've given up even caring what boez do tbh, they are so irrelevant in the big scheme of things.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    As few as there are the positives in defeat is that we looked like a team that 'clicked' on about 73 mins. Became a good game. Created a few chances. Defensively just a shambles - if there isnt a really pacey defender in a 3 man defence i dont know why they push up so hIgh. Youd hope maybe Boyle would have a sense of positioning, the auld reading of the game to make up for pace but I dont think so.

Jamie Lennon was excellent, just a pain in the aras, in a good centre midfielder way. Ref was a mixed bag but again as much for both sides.

If we can bottle that last 20 mins we will climb the table al the way to 9th and go and win a play-off. Other results are helping, ie Bohs losing, Drogs and Galway cancelling eachother out. Will it be a Rovers Return tomorrow (ok Im leaving...), champions v champions of tradition - Rovers are under a bit of pressure to win as Derry may well be capable of capitalising on slip ups. Sligo result and that sense of them quietly getting on with business, underestimated and at their most dangerous fits.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 08/03/2024 at 11:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Will Aidan fitzgypo be declaring tonight that it might already be too late for Rovers to win the league, with Shels an insurmountable 11 points clear of the Champions. Poor enough game although in fairness the surface looked poor and made it a bit of a leveller. Joey O'Brien and his media monkey are doing a fine job there at shels,fair play. I've given up even caring what boez do tbh, they are so irrelevant in the big scheme of things.
    Careful now! Not very nice 'PC'!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    singbet are the big ones but you can only access them through a broker so cant link the site. betisn + pin have 1k limits pre + 1.7k limits live on LOI. and yeah i know they scrape the lsl/msl regional stuff with terrible limits. not sure why you are going on about lsl when i was replying to a comment about bookies pricing vs Asia.
    Way off topic but would anyone here actually bet 1k or 1.7k on a game? No judgement, if even willing to say so.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    As few as there are the positives in defeat is that we looked like a team that 'clicked' on about 23 mins. Became a good game. Created a few chances. Defensively just a shambles - if there isnt a really pacey defender in a 3 man defence i dont know why they push up so hogh. Youd hope maybe Boyle would have a sense of positioning, the auld reading of the game to make up for pace but I dont think so.

Jamie Lennon was excellent, just a pain in the aras, in a good centre midfielder way. Ref was a mixed bag but again as much for both sides.

If we can bottle that last 20 mins we will climb the table al the way to 9th and go and win a play-off. Other results are helping, ie Bohs losing, Drogs and Galway cancelling eachother out. Will it be a Rovers Return tomorrow (ok Im leaving...), champions v champions of tradition - Rovers are under a bit of pressure to win as Derry may well be capable of capitalising on slip ups. Sligo result and that sense of them quietly getting on with business, underestimated and at their most dangerous fits.
    First half Bohs were terrible, second half a lot better, but an extremely soft pen and a goal identical to Pats first in the cup final, Shels desarved the win but 0-2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts
    I was seriously worried before the season started and after tonight I am even more so. The league is so competitive that a few sides will find themselves in a relegation dogfight. We are one of them.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    I was seriously worried before the season started and after tonight I am even more so. The league is so competitive that a few sides will find themselves in a relegation dogfight. We are one of them.
    outside of devine (i think he'll be gone soon) do you think the squad is poor enough to be sucked into something with sligo/drogs/promoted 2? i agree its very competitive had drogs down as a cert to be at least in the playoffs with the players they lost. other spot was up for grabs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    And yet you still mention them in your post for some reason. When someone or something is truly irrelevant to you, you don’t even think about them/it, never mind writing about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts
    outside of devine (i think he'll be gone soon) do you think the squad is poor enough to be sucked into something with sligo/drogs/promoted 2? i agree its very competitive had drogs down as a cert to be at least in the playoffs with the players they lost. other spot was up for grabs.
    I do yeah. Devine for me is the tip of the iceberg. Squad lacks quality and is filled with unproven players from outside of the league. Any team playing us will be licking their lips.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    348 Posts
    Poor night from us,you’ll be hearing people whinging about the ref and he was poor but we were equally as bad,only started playing a bit in the second half when desperation set in but we were poor against a limited enough Cobh who did what they had to…..
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts
    Dirt first half from both in Richmond but we got the goal. Second half there was a period where Dundalk were absolutely horrific and we kept spurning opportunities that I thought we'd live to regret but fortunately we saw out a shaky last 10 or so. Better but not convincing, special shout out to Luke Turner who was brilliant and Danny Rogers who has functioning limbs.

16. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    I do yeah. Devine for me is the tip of the iceberg. Squad lacks quality and is filled with unproven players from outside of the league. Any team playing us will be licking their lips.
    I think the squad has quality but they need more bite, boot and bollock in their game. Quick free kicks backwards, more back passes to our keeper than the opposition to theirs and poor support for our front man when he gets the ball. Midfielders hooking balls over their head to the opposition to come back on the attack is not good enough. Yes I agree with keeping possession and moving forward but too often we go backwards and invite pressure on ourselves, while we don't press the opposing keeper or defence enough and when we do there's no hunger. I will say that tonight piczcek did work extremely hard, but he was on his own. It might be time to go 2 up top and pin the opposition in more instead of letting them out so easily.

18. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    I'm inclined to disagree on the squad lacking quality. I think a good manager would be able to get something out of the players there. McDonnell & Clarke are very good midfielders and are showing up week in week out, Connolly is putting in a shift every week but there is no plan to actually use his pace or put him into space to run like there would be with any other team. Cian Byrne is playing well and for the most part I think Flores is actually a fine CB. The big problem is there no plan when we have possession, we're slow in transition and there's no plan other than bodies behind the ball in defence. The coaching is terrible and has been since Devine was hired. He had 1 good series of games last season and then the team fell off a cliff. He should have been sacked after the shambles of a performance in the cup final.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    singbet are the big ones but you can only access them through a broker so cant link the site. betisn + pin have 1k limits pre + 1.7k limits live on LOI. and yeah i know they scrape the lsl/msl regional stuff with terrible limits. not sure why you are going on about lsl when i was replying to a comment about bookies pricing vs Asia.
    Singbet will probably accommodate for any amount you like on any event you like since they void winning bets more often than not.

The simple fact is that LOI betting markets are low liquidity and the iron rule* of betting markets is that low liquidity?? low stakes and any of these white label/scraping sites that actually condescend to pay out wouldn't lay eggs if they woke up clucking when it comes to LOI.

*The exception being on course layers (dogs, P2P) who bet to their opinion with the cushion of a large overound.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    brilliant crowd in the MF tonight but thats where the brilliance ended,Bray totally dominated all game somehow finding themselves two down at ht despite missing at least 3 sitters,hitting the post and the ref butchering another chance for them....second half deserved their 2 goals.The consolation for Treaty as with last week v Kerry was they hung on for a valuable point playing rudderless poor football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Bohemia View Post
    I'm inclined to disagree on the squad lacking quality. I think a good manager would be able to get something out of the players there. McDonnell & Clarke are very good midfielders and are showing up week in week out, Connolly is putting in a shift every week but there is no plan to actually use his pace or put him into space to run like there would be with any other team. Cian Byrne is playing well and for the most part I think Flores is actually a fine CB. The big problem is there no plan when we have possession, we're slow in transition and there's no plan other than bodies behind the ball in defence. The coaching is terrible and has been since Devine was hired. He had 1 good series of games last season and then the team fell off a cliff. He should have been sacked after the shambles of a performance in the cup final.
    You need a hell of a lot more quality in a squad than 4-5 players. Clarke and Byrne have been decent. Connolly is ok. Flores has been poor for 2 seasons. One decent game vs Pats does not change that. Expected more from Rooney. Grant is an enigma. As for all the oversea players, I’m not sold on any of them. Devine needs to go for sure but I’m not sure even that gets us up the table.

23. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    You need a hell of a lot more quality in a squad than 4-5 players. Clarke and Byrne have been decent. Connolly is ok. Flores has been poor for 2 seasons. One decent game vs Pats does not change that. Expected more from Rooney. Grant is an enigma. As for all the oversea players, I’m not sold on any of them. Devine needs to go for sure but I’m not sure even that gets us up the table.
    Thought ye played well for good periods of the game, I backed Shels and never thought I would get paid till the Peno, Shels are a tight unit, very hard to score against, only 2 conceded so far and they punish any lapse in concentration.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    You see that's the thing I think there is more than 4-5 quality players there it's just there's no organisation or plan from Devine & co to put them into a position to win. Look at Shels tonight they certainly have some quality in the squad but they also have decidedly average players like JJ Lunney and Tyreke Wilson starting, Boyd on the Bench and Gannon at right back who I believe most Rovers fans would have said was well past it. Duff still put them into a position to win games baby having them organised. Are they a spectacular team? I don't think so but they don't make the stupid mistakes that we are making every week and in this league that's enough to win you games and that is very much down to coaching.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Another vintage Duff Shels performance top of the league without playing particularly well in any of the 5 games, stay solid, don't concede and points will come. Coyle, Barrett, Molloy and Gannon in particular are playing defensively out of their skins.

Bohs on the other hand have the likes Dylan Connolly gymnastically flying rolling around instead of trying to create goals for his team and the vaunted international cohort that Devine/Fenlon supposedly spent all of the off season hunting for could have been plucked out of the First Division at a fraction of the salaries

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast