Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 38 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Season, Arrivals and Departures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    Kacper Radkowski joined Waterford…

Karl O’Sullivan joined Galway from Sligo Rovers….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Thought we are working on securing Clarke for another season on loan ? If that happens and rumours about Aaron Mceneff are true then we’ll be fine
    Be good news if tht happens but TC is injured a lot , i remember saying between himslef and Farrugia you can only count on having one available on average.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Jay McGrath has left Pats for Doncaster Rovers. He played a vital role last year when Redmond was injured. I never got the impression that Daly rated him and his departure was expected.
    Definitely a good player in there for the future but at the same time made a few costly mistakes last season and all going well availability-wise wasn't and wouldn't be first-choice centre back. Still and all though wouldn't mind a signing or two given it's been all departures of late with you'd imagine the Curtis announcement imminent too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Kacper Radkowski joined Waterford…

Karl O’Sullivan joined Galway from Sligo Rovers….
    Caulfield just can’t stop signing players who played for us. Had a full 11 during his time at Cork.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    Caulfield just can’t stop signing players who played for us. Had a full 11 during his time at Cork.
    He has a thing for Sligo Rovers players too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    233 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    Definitely a good player in there for the future but at the same time made a few costly mistakes last season and all going well availability-wise wasn't and wouldn't be first-choice centre back. Still and all though wouldn't mind a signing or two given it's been all departures of late with you'd imagine the Curtis announcement imminent too.
    I would have liked to see him stay. Would probably have been backup, but very decent back up in my view. Still, if Redmond, Keely and Grivosti stay fit we’ll be fine.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Why even bother posting such nonsense? Connolly, Duffy, McEleney, Hoban and Kelly would all walk onto our team
    You diont get scarcasm much do you! Surely the flippant nature of dimissing some of a league's top players as good riddance when there isnt enough players to run a full sided training session didnt really go over your head? and anyway cant cant fans be impetulant about players leaving their club with a 'werent all that' in the first place?

I do actually think that Hoban is in decline as a goal scorer. He has lost some of what made him effective as a lone striker or target man - less mobile or something. But if his role was adapted he could be still be very effective as a deep lying attacker or false nine as fancy types like to call it these days. He'd create chances, can pick a pass, and would still nab a few goals. His strike rate has been helped by being the penalty taker and covered some wastefulness. I dont think that the player that Hoban has evolved in to is what Derry really need which imo is a poacher, a clinical finisher. Unfortunately if he leaves Dundalk we lose a player that potentially could solve the disconnect between midfield and attack that was a real problem last season. It would be vastly better than the experimenting with playing Horgan in the hole behind the point man. A quick look back at our European games v KA and how easily Hoban was neutralised as a threat was when I felt we needed to see him in a different role in the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Another Bohemia View Post
    Well with Duffy, McEleney & Kelly you run the risk of them injuring themselves in that walk
    I lol'd at that! Of the former Dundlk contingent at Derry the players I'd still covet are Connolly, Dummigan, and Patching. The rest are luxuries if you have a large budget and a squad can carry injury prone players. I dont know why Patching was ostracized at Dundalk initially and sent out on loan, a total mystery (if it were footballing reasons). Its a bit of a trend at Dundalk to give players, fairly unknown to LoI, whose career had gone astray, for them to show their potential with us only to lose them and end up at rivals - Patching, Flores, Maguire, Murray(albeit Irish League), Dummigan, I think we will be saying the same with Malley and there's probably a couple more. We dont seem to do much on retaining players from the academy and considerinng the U17s lost out on the league and European qualification on goals scored, surely keeping them for U19s at minimum was within the clubs capabilities even if an a bit of disarray We are led to believe that the player budget isnt a problem so even late in the game we shuld at least have a keeper (re)signed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    2 ex Sligo players 1 he had at cork and the 2nd Olly had at harps . Get over yourself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,358 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    That's definitely an Ollie signing. He's a big fan of Karl O'Sullivan. Good signing for Galway too. Don't think Sligo ever saw his best.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    That's definitely an Ollie signing. He's a big fan of Karl O'Sullivan. Good signing for Galway too. Don't think Sligo ever saw his best.
    Was never great with us. Always worked his arse off mind which is more then a lot of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Athlone sign 20 year old Ruben Candal. Formerly of Porto and capped in every age group up to Under 19 by Portugal. Supposedly a bit of a coup by all account.

Last seasons top scorer Frantz Pierrot has joined Drogheda.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Did anyone have Wilfred Zahibo suing Dundalk in their LOI off season bingo card?

https://thecurrency.news/articles/13...uing-the-club/
    Well this has GLITW potential! Could get a few pointers from patsdad...

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    For what it’s worth, I am definitely on the same page as this in terms of how anxious I am about the season ahead. The lack of activity in areas that were issues last year is boggling to me, in addition to my concerns around Devine as our manager. I'm also not sure is it Fenlon or Devine who is supposed to be identifying and getting players into the squad? If not Fenlon, then what does he do?
    given your form in 2nd half and loss of Afelobi, agree not much to be excited about but surely not sucked into a play off discussion, as much as one might hope so

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    Chris Lotefa joined us on loan from Bohs,don’t know much about him but hopefully he can do well for us….

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knocklyonhoop View Post
    given your form in 2nd half and loss of Afelobi, agree not much to be excited about but surely not sucked into a play off discussion, as much as one might hope so
    Maybe not and to be honest, im not sure how good/bad Galway and Waterford are but a few on here suggest they'll be fairly bad. I just dont see much reason for optimism with the season 6 weeks away and some massive problem positions for us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    Pats signed Marcelo Pitaluga from Liverpool on loan,was on the first team bench a few times this season but is probably 4/5th choice there,Pats will hope it goes as well as the last keeper they got from there…

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    I'd assume that is Lyness gone then as like with Jaros Liverpool would be expecting this newly loaned keeper to be first choice, I also think Rogers and Odumosu are also under contract at Pats
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    Lyness was offered a contract that obviously wasn’t accepted if they’re signing him,I remember Jon Daly talking about the lack of accommodation for players like Lyness with families that was making it tougher to sign players…..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Apparently the club have found it difficult to find a house for Lyness and his family. They have a place in Celbridge that they offer as accommodation to players but Daly was saying that naturally this appeals more to young lads than older family men. Worked for Lyness as a stop-gap last season but he doesn't want to be away from the wife and kids again which is understandable. It's a shame as obviously he was great, but seems to be a broader issue for sides this off-season in particular, believe I saw Lambert say Bohs were struggling to get certain targets because of the general housing issues in the country.

Interesting signing all the same. If you read twitter you'd think we're now nailed on for the league going off of the reactions of Liverpool fans. Given that he's well-regarded there and the success of Jaros previously it's reason for optimism, but he has little-to-no experience of men's professional football so jury will be out. Rogers isn't special but is dependable enough with good experience to also have around at least, with Odumosu I believe his contract will be up but the club have an option to extend it so there's no clarity on that yet.
    Last edited by Jack B; 05/01/2024 at 7:12 PM.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    You'd think Kelleher would throw up an oul apartment building for them in Inchicore somewhere. He obviously doesn't care enough!
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Page 38 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast