Page 83 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 2525

Thread: 2024 Season, Arrivals and Departures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    281 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RealJohn91 View Post
    If Kenny turned Bohs down there's no chance he'll go near Dundalk in the state they're in at the moment.
    The Kenny talk is a red herring it reminds me of the Kerr taking the Pats job talk over the years. I don’t think there is a chance that Kenny will return to the LOI anytime soon. I’d say he will take his time before taking some obscure international job.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    364 Posts
    Vinny Perth come on down

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    908 Posts
    Kenny's, like Kerr's, professional pride wont let him jump back to LoI any time soon though Id love to be wrong and for BA to throw a kitchen sink at turning his head. The ability of Dundalk fans to polarise never ceases to surprise, Gartland being included as an interim sestup is being called as calculated and targeted with him undemining O'Donnell to get the main job. Not beyond possible but how quickly itk people have emerged with a bunch of stories could be some sort of record even by our standards. Recruitment has been questionable but hardly the conspiracy thats is doing the rounds, maybe its just simply poor recruitment. Rules out swapping in Higgins if he doesnt last if there is substance to rumours. So much for pulling together...

Candidates, as ever its a complete stab in the dark. I doubt BA hant considered possibilities, even sounded some out. I hope he has a quality candidate in mind from his own contacts tbh, rather than tired and tested or up and coming young coach, internal appointment. Its about surviving the drop (maybe the club) and unless O'Donnell was doing something very wrong that others on the coaching team could see and can sort well why drop the axe-actually maybe a power struggle between coaches isnt the worst possibility if now it focuses the squad and they graft for whomever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Welcome to Oriel, Maxi.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts
    Am I mistaken or is brian gartland in charge of recruitment for dundalk? If so,he should be out the door,no?
    Have always had a soft spot for SOD since his days at Rovers and wish him well,but this appears to be a real setback in his fledgling managerial career.
    Please please give the job to *vinny-from-the-block,just for pure entertainment sake.

He used to have a little,now he has f**k all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,393 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Is there an obvious replacement for O’Donnell? I’m struggling to think of a standout candidate……
    I think Dave Rogers lives in Dundalk though
    Great craic if they give it to Rogers. He'll no doubt have his name in the hat anyway. Lives across the border in Monaghan.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    383 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Great craic if they give it to Rogers. He'll no doubt have his name in the hat anyway. Lives across the border in Monaghan.
    I’d say there’s more chance of you getting Nigel tbh
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Vinny Perth come on down
    If Gartland is still there I'd be surprised he went for Perth. Gartland was scathing enough of Perth in his autobiography I think.

No sympathy for O'Donnell at all. He'll be back soon enough in any case when the next vacancy in the league crops up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,393 Posts
    I’d say there’s more chance of you getting Nigel tbh
    Submitting my application as we speak.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    perth has no backbone so id imagine he will be begging for another go in dundalk

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    833 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Back in the UK afaik
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts
    Anyone else think Declan Devine could make a swift LOI comeback with Dundalk as there is such a dearth of available candidates? It already sounds like Glentoran are falling apart around him in that caretaker role with issues outside of his control

O'Donnell inevitably on his Pats 2021 and Dundalk 2022 campaigns will be top candidate to replace whoever is the next Premier Division manager to get the bullet
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    O'Donnell should just apply for the Dundalk job if there's nobody better than him available!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    Anyone else think Declan Devine could make a swift LOI comeback with Dundalk as there is such a dearth of available candidates? It already sounds like Glentoran are falling apart around him in that caretaker role with issues outside of his control

O'Donnell inevitably on his Pats 2021 and Dundalk 2022 campaigns will be top candidate to replace whoever is the next Premier Division manager to get the bullet
    I dont think so but maybe beggars cant be choosers. There have been some decent and not totally off the wall suggestions, Paddy McLoughlin for example. I certainly can see IL managers/coaches fitting the bill and not out of our league, pardon the pun, especially with weeks left in their season. A decent coaching team could be assembled, Stephen McDonnell is building his rep and could be enticed back? Im sure peopl would see that as underwhelming but maybe he is ready to step up. Currently, performances and maybe finances dont suggest that we can make a really marquee appointment. If the interm coaches start to quickly get results, however unlikely, it will throw the cat among the pidgeons. A proper DoF appoitment years back could have eased the playing side of things through ownership upheavel, but thats for another day now and Id be a traditionalist, head of recruitment seemed a half hearted effort of a DoF type role.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Glentoran are a basket case and have been for a few years. Can't be pinned on Devine. Can see how he could light a fire in Dundalk and get them going but sustaining it seems to be a problem for him. I could see it happening alright but who knows.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bohsmug View Post
    Glentoran are a basket case and have been for a few years. Can't be pinned on Devine. Can see how he could light a fire in Dundalk and get them going but sustaining it seems to be a problem for him. I could see it happening alright but who knows.
    What we need is someone to somehow turn the season around straight away. Id take 2nd last and a play off spot right now if offered it

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    What we need is someone to somehow turn the season around straight away. Id take 2nd last and a play off spot right now if offered it
    I'd agree with bohsmug. Devine would be a good shout but only for the rest of the season. He seems to be able to get teams fired up enough for a while but then it fades. It might be enough for what Dundalk need right now.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts
    Glentoran are going to be in a European playoff against a bunch of middling teams (Crusaders, Coleraine and winner of the bottom half split) they have every chance of winning that and that would be a decent achievement. If they don't win it he'll be gone at the end of the season anyway, so in some ways he's in a bit of a no-lose situation. Dundalk look in a terrible state at the moment, it's still early in the season and I wouldn't totally write them off yet but it doesn't look like an attractive job at all given how the season has begun for them.
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    383 Posts
    https://www.thesun.ie/sport/12723684...dy-mclaughlin/

Paddy McLaughlin in the frame for the Dundalk job….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts
    https://www.thesun.ie/sport/12723684...dy-mclaughlin/

Paddy McLaughlin in the frame for the Dundalk job….
    I really think Dundalk hiring someone who knows the league well is a necessity for them otherwise it's a huge gamble for where they are with their mess of a squad, McLaughlin was let go by Derry less than a season after being headhunted to be Higgins assistant that would be a very risky hire by Dundalk for me
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Page 83 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast