32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    The race for Kenny is on.
    Fenlon taking interim role

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts
    Devine was sacked because he wouldn't work with Fenlon. Pretty obvious when u look at the recruitment. 1 had to go and the Board picked fenlon

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    I reckon Kenny will wind up back in Derry.
    If Doherty or paddy mcgloughlin want it I’d be happy with that.
    Interesting comments re our Estonian lads, miller was one of the few bright spots v shels, lander is ok, and the big striker sten hasn’t been used properly. They’ll be fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Fenlon or Devine hmmmmm??? Fenlon needs to give up on his old managerial ambitions and stick to his club development type roles. Actually maybe its a Fenlon masterclass in getting his way, sign players, undermine a manager while doing so and step in to the breach when things inevitably come to a head and Devine was unlikely to be a long term thing at Bohs...or at any club.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkicker View Post
    Fenlon taking interim role
    Interim though. Could only last a week. Don't think Pat has the stomach for the hot seat anymore. Maybe he has one more in him. Has he made any sounds about it?

Devine is a coach and Fenlon is a DoF at this point I think. You need a manager who will fight to keep football at the forefront of the clubs planning.

Kenny might be broken at this stage and I'm not sure your current squad is workable for him but it would have to be a long term appt. Does Lambert want a strong manager though? It might take him off the front page.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    Yeah sacking Devine so early into the season smacks of scapegoating him for all of their on the field dysfunction. I'd love to know the ins and outs behind their lastminute.com panic recruitment over the past two seasons I'd say those useless Estonian internationals must be on whopping sized multi-year contracts that was giving their BOM nightmares this weekend along with their regrets over dumping Keith Long

No obvious stand out up and coming candidates available either, and I can't the see the likes of Perth or Buckley being tolerated by their fanbase Stephen Kenny will probably wait it out a while before he gets desperate considering LOI again, I wonder if the Richard Dunne link will re-emerge again
    Ian Ryan ( again)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Onapointoforder View Post
    Ian Ryan ( again)
    I hope not. Doherty would be my choice if he is interested.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Interim though. Could only last a week. Don't think Pat has the stomach for the hot seat anymore. Maybe he has one more in him. Has he made any sounds about it?

Devine is a coach and Fenlon is a DoF at this point I think. You need a manager who will fight to keep football at the forefront of the clubs planning.

Kenny might be broken at this stage and I'm not sure your current squad is workable for him but it would have to be a long term appt. Does Lambert want a strong manager though? It might take him off the front page.
    Interim though. Could only last a week.
    Well the word interim means "until" or "in the meantime" so be it a week, a month e or longer, it does not imply he'll take it full time or want to.
    Personally, I think Bohs will use this opportunity to take their time and select the correct candidate this time. I think Kenny would love to get back into management ASAP,. although maybe not at the level he wants. I think his sights will be higher.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Ah jaysus not this ould crap again, football is was and will always be our main focus. The community and other work is to build profile and expand the clubs standing , drawing new sponsors and support along with that. Successfully too btw. Lambert is COO. That’s looking after our overall financial wellbeing. That’s all.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Alan Reynolds seems to be most prominent early name being linked to the Bohs job, he was Waterford manager for the season they won the 1st division when Fenlon was DOF there and both go back to their Shels days
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Onapointoforder View Post
    Ian Ryan ( again)
    Doubt that. Supposedly turned down the job last time around and has hardly set the world alight with Bray. It will be interesting to see who ends up being candidates. Ive seen fans online call for everybody from Roddy Collins to John Caulfield. It will also be interesting to see what comes out in the wash now Devine's gone. Have heard that Fenlon felt they should move on after the cup final (would have been my preference) but the board vetod that and I can understand why since we had just played the cup final but I'm of the opinion that final appearance (much like the one under Long) papered over some really glaring cracks in the management of the teams. Looks like the greatest league in the world will have its story line for the next few weeks anyway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    The race for Kenny is on.
    Depends on Kenny’s price. Can’t imagine he’ll want to go from 500k a year to 50-75k a year at Bohs. Derry and Rovers probably the only clubs in the league in a position to offer him a substantial contract, even at that it’d still be a long way off his Ireland salary. At the same time it’s difficult to see there being any big interest in him outside the LOI.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermobohs View Post
    Ah jaysus not this ould crap again, football is was and will always be our main focus. The community and other work is to build profile and expand the clubs standing , drawing new sponsors and support along with that. Successfully too btw. Lambert is COO. That’s looking after our overall financial wellbeing. That’s all.
    Of course. It's only a mad coincidence that the football side of bohs is an absolute disaster.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkicker View Post
    Interim though. Could only last a week.
    Well the word interim means "until" or "in the meantime" so be it a week, a month e or longer, it does not imply he'll take it full time or want to.
    Personally, I think Bohs will use this opportunity to take their time and select the correct candidate this time. I think Kenny would love to get back into management ASAP,. although maybe not at the level he wants. I think his sights will be higher.
    Take their time? Its been obvious to anyone watching that Devine was going to be sacked at some point this season. Check the predictions thread. If bohs don't have a replacement lined up it's really poor club mgmt.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sulywaterfordfc View Post
    Depends on Kenny’s price. Can’t imagine he’ll want to go from 500k a year to 50-75k a year at Bohs. Derry and Rovers probably the only clubs in the league in a position to offer him a substantial contract, even at that it’d still be a long way off his Ireland salary. At the same time it’s difficult to see there being any big interest in him outside the LOI.
    Yeah I don't think he has anywhere else to go. Bohs, Dundalk or wait for Derry. He made a bit of money but he's a football man and will want to get back in the game I think.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,243 Posts
    Can't see Rovers being an option for Kenny really, even if Bradley does leave/get the boot. Too much history there surely?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Can't see Rovers being an option for Kenny really, even if Bradley does leave/get the boot. Too much history there surely?
    Funny auld game and all that but yeah I can't see Kenny back with us. It's too big a job for him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,643 Posts
    I can’t see Fenlon and Kenny cohabiting very well for some reason.

And I can’t fckin stand Reynolds. And he hates us.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    I can’t see Fenlon and Kenny cohabiting very well for some reason.

And I can’t fckin stand Reynolds. And he hates us.
    Reynolds also seems quite content being an assistant as well. That was the role he wanted to move to Derry for. He might be like Crolly in that regard. He was also approached about the Bohs job last time around and turned it down as well. Devine was 3rd choice if memory serves.

My money is on it being someone from the NIFL or someone a bit from left field ( we know how left leaning Bohs are ) like Stephen Rice who has been rumoured for other jobs that didn't end up opening up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts
    surprised to see perths name thrown around. a real bluffer , would be a huge error for bohs to give it to him so for the comedy factor alone hope it happens.

Page 77 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast