Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 2396

Thread: Next Senior Men's Team Manager - Runners and Riders

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    If JP can give 32 million to the GAA and it be celebrated I don't see why we should look down our nose at a benefactor
    I hear every other county put their million on Limerick for the hurling.
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now

2. Thanks From:

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    I hear every other county put their million on Limerick for the hurling.
    Limerick put their money on legal fees for their players
    Its really not that complicated!!!

4. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    feels like Coleman is in pole position. massively underwhelming if so, but I'll give the guy my backing if it turns out that way.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    570 Posts
    If JP can give 32 million to the GAA and it be celebrated I don't see why we should look down our nose at a benefactor
    Who is the rich-est poster of foot.ie ( I don't think it's me )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Who is the rich-est poster of foot.ie ( I don't think it's me )
    You don’t think it’s you - means to me you must be fairly loaded, just can’t be sure.

I’d say Stutts.

8. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    570 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    You don’t think it’s you - means to me you must be fairly loaded, just can’t be sure.

I’d say Stutts.
    OK, You got me ~ A Fiver !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post

I’d say Stutts.
    All that money you are hoarding in the back ar$e of nowhere in Canada Stu, put it to use

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    feels like Coleman is in pole position. massively underwhelming if so, but I'll give the guy my backing if it turns out that way.
    Coleman, as a coach, is probably worse than Lennon - just doesn't have the baggage.

I really am astonished that these two clowns are being touted as possible candidates while Chris Hughton is being ignored. And before someone jumps down my throat for mentioning Hughton - I am doing it in the context of talking about Lennon, Coleman, Keane or any of the other donkeys being mentioned. If Carsley or Barry (or some other coach with a decent record or recognised potential) are willing to do the job then fair enough - otherwise Hughton is head and shoulders above the rest of these guys as a coach.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Have we actually stopped paying Robbie Keane yet ? !
    Keane got €150K in 2019, €200K in 2020 and 2021 and €250K for the first seven months of 2022 when his contract ended.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Red Giant View Post
    Coleman, as a coach, is probably worse than Lennon - just doesn't have the baggage.

I really am astonished that these two clowns are being touted as possible candidates while Chris Hughton is being ignored. And before someone jumps down my throat for mentioning Hughton - I am doing it in the context of talking about Lennon, Coleman, Keane or any of the other donkeys being mentioned. If Carsley or Barry (or some other coach with a decent record or recognised potential) are willing to do the job then fair enough - otherwise Hughton is head and shoulders above the rest of these guys as a coach.
    Hughtons record is no better than the clowns as you call them, in fact I'd say Lennon getting Celtic to Champ League Qtr final and Coleman getting Wales to Euros semi are both higher peaks than Hughton ever achieved. I think it's safe to say most of us dont want anything to do with all 3 and if any are appointed Canham needs firing. He set out a criteria for a head coach and none of those 3 come close to it
    Last edited by Razors left peg; 18/02/2024 at 8:32 PM.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,266 Posts
    Hughton/Lennon/Coleman all seem much of a muchness really, don't they?

Probably Carsley is there as well only he's won something (with a very good squad) and hasn't had a club management career to mess up

This is the latest from Dan McD - https://m.independent.ie/sport/socce...420933334.html

Not encouraging. Though it's strange that Lennon has seemingly been told he's not being appointed if Carsley is at absolute best 50/50.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Hughton/Lennon/Coleman all seem much of a muchness really, don't they?

Probably Carsley is there as well only he's won something (with a very good squad) and hasn't had a club management career to mess up

This is the latest from Dan McD - https://m.independent.ie/sport/socce...420933334.html

Not encouraging. Though it's strange that Lennon has seemingly been told he's not being appointed if Carsley is at absolute best 50/50.
    Grim reading.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts
    It sort of feels like Chris Coleman's main qualification for the job is that he isn't Neil Lennon.

If it's come down to a straight choice between the 2 of them, I feel the FAI have made the right choice. But it should never have come down to those 2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    From Kevin Kilbane article....

"The FAI, in their managerial search, appear stuck on this very issue as budgetary constraints hinder the appointment of certain backroom staff. I was hopeful in January that a deal could be struck between Lee Carsley and the association. The dogs in the street know that he is the number one target but if negotiations come unstuck, none of the other reported candidates fit the job specification.
    Except for Anthony Barry. The Liverpudlian ticks the FAI’s “head coach” box and he seems capable of embedding a style of play down the Irish age grades. Ironically, Barry is part of Tuchel’s coaching staff at Bayern, so watch this space."

Tuchel about to be fired I'd say so Barry does become viable again. It's hard to believe that our back up plan was waiting for Barry though so again I'd say we really know F all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    732 Posts
    There's something really telling about how I know all of the names linked with the job. Heck, I knew who all of them were 15 years ago. Premiership clubs appoint managers I've never heard of with good profiles build in other leagues I don't read much news about. The FAI reaches for the usual suspects with a budget fit for a third of one of them.

20. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,712 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    There's something really telling about how I know all of the names linked with the job. Heck, I knew who all of them were 15 years ago. Premiership clubs appoint managers I've never heard of with good profiles build in other leagues I don't read much news about. The FAI reaches for the usual suspects with a budget fit for a third of one of them.
    Exactly. Surely there's somebody out there we've never heard of with a beard, cool hair, tight jeans and white trainers who'll be brilliant for us. That seems to be the go to choice for all the good club teams.

22. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,712 Posts
    From Kevin Kilbane article....

"The FAI, in their managerial search, appear stuck on this very issue as budgetary constraints hinder the appointment of certain backroom staff. I was hopeful in January that a deal could be struck between Lee Carsley and the association. The dogs in the street know that he is the number one target but if negotiations come unstuck, none of the other reported candidates fit the job specification.
    Except for Anthony Barry. The Liverpudlian ticks the FAI’s “head coach” box and he seems capable of embedding a style of play down the Irish age grades. Ironically, Barry is part of Tuchel’s coaching staff at Bayern, so watch this space."

Tuchel about to be fired I'd say so Barry does become viable again. It's hard to believe that our back up plan was waiting for Barry though so again I'd say we really know F all
    I wonder if Celtic should be looking at Barry too. Probably better paid.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    It's a Klopp/Barry dream team and we're going to win the next World Cup.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Craig Levein, the former Scotland manager, isn't doing wonderfully well at St Johnstone,but has a better points per game ratio (approx 1.5) than Coleman.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    234 Posts
    I see Eddie Jordan contributed his tuppenceworth to the debate the other day:

"Eddie Jordan Urges FAI To Ask Irish Super-Rich To Help Pay Managers Wages" - https://www.balls.ie/football/eddie-...h-wages-587312

Anyone know whether he's any relation to this Eddie Jordan from a while back?

"Eddie Jordan... ... says it's time for the Football Association of Ireland (FAI) to 'get off the potty', stand on its own two feet and stop depending on hand-outs from benefactors to pay the salary of Giovanni Trapattoni, the national team manager." - https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/j...ay-5s5g2r9h6tb

27. Thanks From: