Page 95 of 111 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 2212

Thread: Next Senior Men's Team Manager - Runners and Riders

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    761 Posts
    I've given Hill and Canham the benefit of the doubt on this one up to now. But they really are running out of rope here. If they do indeed have their man then they need to get on with announcing him early next week and put all this nonsense to bed. Whereas if they've been bluffing all along and they don't have someone decent lines up after this long a search then they should both resign.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

2. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,097 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Red Giant View Post
    The entire process is now officially a shambles - advertise the job, see who applies and take it from there - you don't have to appoint someone from the list of applicants, but at least you will see the quality of coach who is interested.

My concern would be that in a panic they would bounce back to the misogynist or the racist.
    Hardly could be "officially" a shambles. I would be inclined to think that it has been but when the ultimate appointment is made then you'll have your confirmation. Otherwise, it's "shambles" is an assumption based on media noise.

When Canham pulls back the curtain and we are left with O'Shea or something similar then everyone is going to know it has been an absolute sh*tshow... I'm praying that I am surprised with Anthony Barry or Lee Carsley...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts
    I'm half expecting to read that John O'Shea has ruled himself out for it one of these days

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    604 Posts

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    604 Posts

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    604 Posts

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    604 Posts
    Please ask Chris Hughton!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    761 Posts
    https://www.the42.ie/gus-poyet-turns...urce=shortlink

Interesting that this is now being reported by David Sneyd, one of the few Irish football journalists I would rate to some extent.

I think Hill and Canham's positions are verging on untenable now.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    761 Posts
    For what it's worth, here's one possible timeline of what might have happened in the last five months or so. I'm absolutely not saying this is definitely what happened, just that it would tie in with some of what's been published by the more credible journalists that follow the Irish team.

Kenny was rightly sacked in November after we lost to everyone in our Euros group twice, apart from Gibraltar. At that point Carsley was most people's first choice for the job, including it seems the FAI.

Discussions took place with Carsley, but over time it transpired that the two sides weren't going to be able to work it out. At this stage Lennon was the back-up option, but that went out the window once his private life started getting brought up, including at least one tweet by a politician on the matter.

So, having gone back to the drawing board, they came up with Sagnol. Sagnol was provisionally on board, all that needed to happen was for Georgia to not qualify for the Euros and it was done. So they went for O'Shea as interim to deal with the March window and Canham was confident enough to issue some fairly bullish responses at that press conference about an early April appointment. Of course, then Georgia beat Greece on penalties to qualify and that blew the whole thing up on them (this would tie in with Dan McDonnell's tweet during the week).

So, in a panic, they offered a contract to the "break glass in case of emergency option" - Poyet. Only for him to turn them down too when they couldn't agree terms, as per David Sneyd's report this evening. Which leads us to where we are this weekend - up **** creek by the sounds of things.

Of course, almost none of the above could be true and the FAI might somehow have a name to announce next week. I wouldn't bet on it though.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Really was hoping Keane would get it. Not sure it would go well but it would **** off all the right people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    488 Posts
    If this has all fallen apart I'd agree that it's time for Hill and Canham to hit the road. It's looking like they've made a complete balls of this.

Niall Quinn should be running the FAI anyway.
    Bring Back Belfast Celtic F.C.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    761 Posts
    If the stuff from Sneyd about the Association wanting to pick at least some of the coaching staff is true, then it's probably easy enough to see why they're in this mess to be fair. That reflects badly on Canham that he can't source a candidate who he's happy with to just bring in their own people.

14. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    Really was hoping Keane would get it. Not sure it would go well but it would **** off all the right people.
    Roy or Robbie?

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    718 Posts
    Robbie would be a gamble, but at this stage I might be willing to roll the dice. Roy would be a disaster whose sole saving grace would be the distraction he'd cause from the on-the-pitch issues.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,097 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    If the stuff from Sneyd about the Association wanting to pick at least some of the coaching staff is true, then it's probably easy enough to see why they're in this mess to be fair. That reflects badly on Canham that he can't source a candidate who he's happy with to just bring in their own people.
    I don't get this either. If it's succession planning related or some attempt at a structure from senior to underage then why not put someone in as manager of the 21s? A part of me wonders how serious they even are about all that if Crawford is still in situ, to be honest....

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    Roy or Robbie?
    Imagine a double ticket. Everyone fuming for various reasons.

Was at the two friendlies and the place is like a morgue. A Keane x2 headline act would up the ante a bit at least.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    761 Posts
    Must as there are elements of the Irish support that annoy me I'm not sure ****ing off about 95% of the core support base is really the way for the FAI to go right now...

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Tis kinda bad that ~ ~ The Irish Manager's job can't even generate a few decent rumours ~ ~ Things are bad ! !

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Must as there are elements of the Irish support that annoy me I'm not sure ****ing off about 95% of the core support base is really the way for the FAI to go right now...
    Why would they break character now? Anyone in the support who isn't already ****ed off by the FAI is probably more a part of the problem than anything else.

You've a few posts above about pro-Keane people that would **** off a fair few supporters as well so I'm surprised to hear you aren't in favour of a bit of controversy!
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    I'll bang a drum at this stage - the way thinks are now the FAI need to go with the known product - the solid record and safe pair of hands - Chris Hughton.

Hughton may not light up the world with an Irish team, but they will be solid, disciplined and structured - the players will know what they are supposed to be doing - and with Ferguson upfront, Hughton could well open up the playing style to suit him. At worst Hughton will lay the foundation for his successor (like he did at Newcastle and Brighton).

Have a look at how he approached Brighton's 3-2 win over Man Utd - and having what was no more than a Championship team at his disposal - Ryan, Montoya, Duffy, Dunk, Bong, Knockart, Stephens, Propper, March, Gross and Murray - Man U team was De Gea, Young, Bailly, Lindelof, Shaw, Fred Pereira, Pogba, Mata, Lukaku, Martial.

Page 95 of 111 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast