Page 45 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL 2023/24

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Bourne View Post
    Aulstarboy , the difference between Coachford an everyone else was everyone else didn't come on here after the 1st Grattan game an gloat at the fact they had pulled a fast one .

An did it again.

Knock couldnt use a pitch they didn't have at the start of the season until the City Council got it match ready.

A few knocka heads blew there trumpets ealry doors but results were poor ..back in the box I say . Buy they just been going about there buisness quietly since.

Bubbles burst lads , Coachfords , Grangevales , Castleviews or Knocka's they eventually burst despite all the inflated expectations.

Knocka we’re told their pitch wouldn’t ready for 4 weeks into the league. We are now about 20 weeks into the season and they still only played 1 league game at home.

As for the bubbles bursting grattans was well and truly burst when they thought they walk the Castleview game and yes penalties are 50/50 but I watched that game and grattan were very lucky to make it to penalties they were bate off the park. And Grattan pulled their own strokes this year to get games off you have a short memory, Let’s hope Grattan don’t bottle it because all I’m seeing here is inflated expectations for Grattan walking the league. Let’s hope they can walk the walk.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Calm down star don’t think Grattan anything to prove this season all the talk at the start of season were they were to old but last few weeks have proving they can walk the walk thumping everything put in front of um and also was at that game that went to pens thought gratts were so unlucky played fringe players their backline aged 168 between um and still took view to pens there a credit to northside and on knocka they had one league game and 3 cup games at home where they bate all four teams out the gate including the Premier leaders in cup so I’d say aul not to pushed at the moment sending teams up there to get flogged over there confidence but that’s just my opinion.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Huge Wins For Catherderal and Donomore in the premier A. That league is wide open now , besides the view any team can grab second place and any team can be relegated along with Banteer

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I didn’t mention grattans age they have enough experience in that league the majority of them are playing football a long time let’s not forget it’s junior football.

Knocka played strand in the league grangevale and donoghmore in the cup at home if I remember correctly. They did beat them and will prob win the majority of their games at home but my point is the league know the pitch is in poor shape but they played one game in September at home one in October and one in November, they can’t allow games to be called off when it’s anti social behaviour oppose to the weather. If the pitch is being vandalised that’s not the rest of the leagues fault they should be told they need an all weather or another pitch to fulfil the fixtures. Didn’t grattan have to deal with anti social behaviour a few times over the last couple of years, was their games called off?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    220 for pitch and ref to play on all weather and then washing gear another 20 crazy money Aul stated last season and this season they would be booking all weathers so games would be played wondering have they even paid for one game so far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    I’m all for all weathers but you seriously can’t expect the AUL to pay club’s bills for them?

That’s not fair on both the league and clubs who have put hard work into their infrastructure

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I know fruice but Tom fitz made in clear at Aul meeting that last year few teams brought in to their attention it’s something they should look into over the backlog of games and at the agm that was the main point Tom brought up he said they will be doing it this season and don’t forget theses refs banging out cards for the fun of it costly day out playing all weather ha.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsh ref View Post
    I know fruice but Tom fitz made in clear at Aul meeting that last year few teams brought in to their attention it’s something they should look into over the backlog of games and at the agm that was the main point Tom brought up he said they will be doing it this season and don’t forget theses refs banging out cards for the fun of it costly day out playing all weather ha.
    220 Jesus Christ I remember when mayfield school was brand new it was 135, If both teams want the game on they could go half’s for the all weather pitch and maybe the league cover the ref. It gets the games on and stops the backlog towards the end of the season

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsh ref View Post
    Not a lad to ever defend the Aul but I don’t think the backlog is as bad people think ,AOH final always the June bank holiday so still the bones of 20 match weeks to go and then the evening games kick in April too so all teams should rattle off the games they have missed.

Changing the leagues back to just teams playing each other twice has helped with this a lot. .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    To be fair my understanding was they would look into it for cup games if both teams had an opportunity to have home advantage but nothing was set in stone.

Let’s be honest clubs have made use of astors in the city, Fermoy & Banteer.

Without them we would have a lot less games played to date.

Genuinely I couldn’t believe games were called off last weekend when so many pitches were playable they should have at very least been subject to a pitch inspection.

The forecast is poor for the weekend if the rain falls it will set pitches back for two or three weeks.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    UCC beating Grangevale Handy tonight, Good preparation for the big game at weekend for Grangevale.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    If I'm honest the purest in me wished Grangevale had of won. They burst there balls in fairness week after week trying to be progressive an grow a club for the future , only to be hockeyed by an institution who have more wealth,players and facilities than the entire Cork Football fraternity together yet only at best stick around for a masters. An institution constantly spoilt by the good ol boys club.

You chose your days for games at the start of the season,,,,,,,UCC have the luxury of choosing what suits them when they want .

I think the Aul have opened Pandoras box now in relation to playing fixtures mid week,,,,,time will tell..

I know we have a giggle occasionally but in fairness Grangevale keep going an they have had a tough last 7 days an still I will guess they will be positive about traveling to Galway at the weekend.

Have to respect that in fairness.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Utter garbage.
    Mardyke under lights any night of the week, who doesn’t want it. WOW

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Agree with goal on this one no pity on grangevale look at the last few seasons they have no issues changing games and times to Mayfield all weathers midweek to suit them think Ucc and Castleview be cracker in Aoh two teams with so many players to call on should be great game.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Harsh you seem a bit bitter with teams having players to choose from, every team is equal at the start of the season probably bar UCC, every team is opened to signing players. The couple of castleview lads that get called up senior were the talking point a few weeks back now its UCC having a college to choose from. I never heard you giving out about knocka having senior players on their team, vinnie kinger docker Chris cuff the fella Leonard all played senior what’s you’re opinion on that?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    No problem with ucc at all fella think it’s great to have the luxury that castleview and ucc have any manager would love that knocka just average junior team by looks of result in league no opinion on um to be honest that manager always have knack of signing good players.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Who wouldn't want to play in Mardyke on any night? Anyone complaining about that could never be pleased.

Any team playing on astro will have to suit the tenants like Grattan on weekend. I doubt Corkbeg complained either. Whatever the case is, best get games played and play ball.

Would a summer season ever be feasible? This winter lark is tough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Just to educate ye all
    To play for UCC you have to attend UCC
    Once you finish college you’re out.
    So that means generally you must be between 18 -22
    That’s it done
    To play for grattan coachford village Castleview boher Shannon Celtic bweeng and every other team you can be a carpenter an accountant a shop assistant or even in college between 17-40.
    This carry on of ucc having a pick of players is more garbage. I can’t sign John Corcoran or a Stoat or billy Tabb or Adam Lee Colin Hickey Jamie Donovan or Adam Murphy. It’s all bitter talk lads.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Think it's mad fellas are giving out about teams playing games mid week and then it's the same fellas giving out if that team cancels a game at the weekend. The day of matches being played should not be relevant as at least they are getting fixtures played.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Spoke to a glenthorn lad who watched the village-Springfield game at the weekend, said it was a cracker and that village could have equalised in the 90th minute and Springfield scored from the resulting goal kick, he reckons James Stoat was the difference between them and that in his words he’s handily the best player in the league

Page 45 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast