Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Bourne View Post
    Only asking now but 2/4
    Was ita spankin or what.

Normally the Knocka heads are on here saying its the ref or the pitch or the ball, the birds or bikes .

Or the View lads , it's something senior related to the MSL ,which had noting to do with the AUL.

Was it a good game bascially. Heard a few reports , just asking for clarity .

It was a great game to watch, conditions weren’t the best but both teams made it a great spectacle. The scoreline probably flattered knocka more than Castleview, the home side got a penalty at 3-1 and the whole of kilmore road were wondering how. Knocka had all their big guns back for the game the individuals they had on the pitch and their quality was frightening but just couldn’t seem to click together. Castleview had a strong bench for once but credit to them lads they know how to grind out a result and they can score goals too. League is basically over now they must be kicking themselves about the AOH result because that squad yesterday would have went all the way with Grattan in my opinion.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Was at the game yesterday when knocknaheeney went 1 up within a few minutes later they should of been 2up but castleview went in 2-1 up at tje break with to mistakes in defence then in 2nd half another soft goal in my opinion to put 3-1 up so i thought game was sealed until knocknaheeney got a penalty which was never a penalty in a million years so brought it back to 3-2 they pushed for equaliser but castleview caught them on the break which resulted in a penalty giving and that made it 4-2 good game all round good hard but fair tackles from both sides and all hand shakes after match which its all about no friends for 90 mins you can see why stewie danny and cookie do ne asked to tog out for the seniors quality players on there day

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsh ref View Post
    Absolutely 100% truth Danzo which your well aware the player in question even told me one of yer panel walked knocka pitch during the week and you seen pictures are you denying that haha
    Course I’m denying it ? I didn’t see any photos, we want every game on. it could be true about the boys having a look at the pitch though but the truth is we couldn’t care less about the senior team we’re totally separate we got our own sponsor and do our own thing. The last thing we’re interested in is calling our games for 2/3 of us to go up and sit on the bench for them **** that. Good game yesterday they’re a strong side goldfish was spot on we were rivals for 90mins but once that whistle went at the end we shake hands and wish eachother the best of luck I hope they go on to win the cup and if we win the league we’ll have a **** up together. That’s what it’s all about.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I totally agree with the respect Danzo I got the 2nd half of that game yesterday castleview deserved to win on what I saw and I seen respect between teams especially the rest most castleview players had for knocka gaffer great to see both teams went to battle for 90mins and I’m hearing both went drinking together where would ya get it haha.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Thanks Goldfish and Aulboy for the game review , that's what this forum should be all about. Football.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Goldfish View Post
    Was at the game yesterday when knocknaheeney went 1 up within a few minutes later they should of been 2up but castleview went in 2-1 up at tje break with to mistakes in defence then in 2nd half another soft goal in my opinion to put 3-1 up so i thought game was sealed until knocknaheeney got a penalty which was never a penalty in a million years so brought it back to 3-2 they pushed for equaliser but castleview caught them on the break which resulted in a penalty giving and that made it 4-2 good game all round good hard but fair tackles from both sides and all hand shakes after match which its all about no friends for 90 mins you can see why stewie danny and cookie do ne asked to tog out for the seniors quality players on there day
    Knocka hit the cross bar and post ..but castleview where on point with there finish the had 3 chances in the game from what i seen knocka where frightnin on the attack but as i siad castleviewwhere better in front goal and got the job done ..that's was a penalty all day long ??he was fantastic ref hahaha all he's offsides wher good calls ???

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Only monday and pitches in trouble for weekend haha nice to see Ucc back to winning ways yesterday good result for um

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Pitches won’t be right till may at this rate , must be very frustrating for the players at this point.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Worse in been in years Clubs only praying for season to finish id say

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    What odds would a fella get on Knocka not seeing out the season?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplainThis View Post
    What odds would a fella get on Knocka not seeing out the season?
    The gone are the ?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You get none explain all finals not till April and may leaguess be over please god by then

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Only monday and pitches in trouble for weekend haha nice to see Ucc back to winning ways yesterday good result for um
    Forecast is terrible for the week and the start of next week by looks of it. Cork is badly in need a few more all weather pitches scattered around the county.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by latte2012 View Post
    Forecast is terrible for the week and the start of next week by looks of it. Cork is badly in need a few more all weather pitches scattered around the county.
    Could name 15 astros but mostly in the city to be fair. Very hard to any club to get funding for a full size AstroTurf. I think riverstown are funding for the pass few years to build one.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Summer soccer is the only way forward

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoesGym View Post
    Could name 15 astros but mostly in the city to be fair. Very hard to any club to get funding for a full size AstroTurf. I think riverstown are funding for the pass few years to build one.
    Ya I think planning maybe an issue with the hold up.

Macroom & Kanturk also in the process of fundraising.

But it’s clubs in the main building them so they will take the majority of slots with all their own teams.

Fundraising is key but money is available if you can get there

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Im sure View lads can confirm but I’m certain I heard the weekend Castleview and Aul have come to agreement new all weather being built up there so that would be great for northside all plans in place have been few meeting between both parties.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Im sure View lads can confirm but I’m certain I heard the weekend Castleview and Aul have come to agreement new all weather being built up there so that would be great for northside all plans in place have been few meeting between both parties.
    Harsh you're some man to get inside info hahaha it's a bit early in the week for that.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ah Danzo I’m retired so I keeps me ear to the ground its true story tho all going well next year it could be up in running brilliant for the Norries

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Great news if true and well done to both Castleview and the AUL for coming together more projects like this the better.

A big boost for both sides will give the AUL and Castleview the opportunity for more games every week while also generating a new revenue stream to upgrade facilities.

This being realistic will take at least 18 months to complete between planning and getting access to the correct grants etc all takes time.

This is the second such venture with Casment Celtic and the Women’s/Schoolgirls League after being granted planning only last week for a similar project.

Great news.

Page 72 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast