Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did anyone else get this letter from the FAI

80 Merrion Square
    Dublin 2
    03rd August 2005

Dear supporter,

Since the introduction of the Ireland Fans Club – IrelandFANS in August last, the FAI has undergone many changes and we are conscious that very little activity has been developed specifically for the IrelandFANS group during this transition period at the Association. We are currently reviewing IrelandFANS and looking at how best we can help you to support our teams. While we do so, we’d ask for your continuing patience.

In the meantime, we would like to offer all IrelandFANS members a complimentary ticket to the Ireland vs. Italy friendly international on August 17th in Lansdowne Road. This attractive fixture against Italy sees another full-house at Lansdowne Road as Ireland continues the build up to the final World Cup qualifying games in the Autumn.

Recognising that IrelandFANS members based overseas may not be in a position to avail of this match ticket we will also hold a draw for a pair of match tickets to see our crucial World Cup Qualifying games – Ireland vs. France on September 7th or

Ireland vs. Switzerland on October 12th.

</o>

To avail of your complimentary Ireland/Italy ticket please email [email]using ..... Italy in the Subject box (e-mails to be received at the FAI by Monday next August 8th.)

All members will be automatically entered into our World Cup Draw – no action is necessary.

Once we’ve made progress in reviewing the Ireland Fans group, we’ll be back in touch.

Thanks for your support.

Aisling Fennin

Customer Care Department

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    How bad!

Is this the Ireland Fans club that you pay to be a member of or just the thing you can sign upto on the website?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Yes and got my complimentary north terrace ticket for Wednesday in the post yesterday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    me too.....got my ticket yesterday. Fair play!
    Foot.ie - NFL Fantasy Football Champion, 2006!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah its the one you pay for i think it was something like €25.00 for the year no bad really. About time they started doing something for the fans. Somehow i dont think there will be any tickets for the france match arriving in the post!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Army Girl
    Yeah its the one you pay for i think it was something like €25.00 for the year no bad really. About time they started doing something for the fans. Somehow i dont think there will be any tickets for the france match arriving in the post!!
    And what did YOU get for your E25, coz all I got was an out of date cap that doesn't fit and a pin badge (also out of date) Great value!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm assuming that as I'm in the UK, my complimentry ticket should arrive a few days later. Anyone living outside of Ireland receive thiers yet?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got the lovely cap too that i wouldnt even wear out my back garden. yeah the pin and the key ring. Did you not get the offer of the free ticket i know that you are in England but they could have offered you something

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Army Girl
    I got the lovely cap too that i wouldnt even wear out my back garden. yeah the pin and the key ring. Did you not get the offer of the free ticket i know that you are in England but they could have offered you something
    I did get the offer of the ticket, which I do appreciate. But this is 10 months on from joining. I'm sure a circular e-mail to notify all members of the changes goin on would have kept me happy! Bad comms my only complaint.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by supasparx
    I did get the offer of the ticket, which I do appreciate. But this is 10 months on from joining. I'm sure a circular e-mail to notify all members of the changes goin on would have kept me happy! Bad comms my only complaint.
    Its to little to late by the FAI.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts
    I got no letter or ticket 10 months on despite numerous emails to them I've gotten nothing. Just sent them an email asking where my ticket is. I'm not holding my breath

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121
    I got no letter or ticket 10 months on despite numerous emails to them I've gotten nothing. Just sent them an email asking where my ticket is. I'm not holding my breath
    Count yourself lucky if you didn't receive the cap!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Got the freebie the other day.

I had actually emailed them a few times since joining to ask if they were
    actually doing anything or just taking peoples money. I only got the cap,
    pen and badge after repeated emails asking about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts
    Well fair play to them at least I got a reply back within 24 hours and I'm getting a ticket and they will look into the matter from me.See email below:

Good Morning Ger,

Many thanks for getting in touch with us regarding your query on irelandFANS. As you can see in the attached letter, we are offering every member a complimentary ticket to the sold out fixture against Italy next week.
    Concerning the non-delivery of the letter which was issued to each member, please see the email address which we used to forward the letter.

However, on joining IrelandFANS, every member was to receive a FANS pack immediately.

I will get some FAIreland merchandise out in the post to you this afternoon and also check with our PHS Response Group (Who were initially dealing with IrelandFANS) to forward you a membership pack ASAP and get a full and frank explanation as to the whereabouts of your pack.

I will be in contact with the ticket office today and will get them to send out your ticket for the Italy game this afternoon.

if you have any queries, please contact me at the details below.

All the best, Fran

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What a joke, I joined that farce, and waited over 45 days for the membership pack, minus the badge, oh yeah and the membership card. the only page you could ever see was your profile page when you logged on to that section.
    I imagine when they were dreaming up the concept of the fan forum, etc, it was a great idea, then they said 'oops hang on, we're opening up a new can of worms here, giving the Irish Fan a forum to voice their opinions, we can't have that. and knocked it on the head striaght away, when they realised they would be making progress.
    I'd bet that the section of the fai site is well gone, and we won't see what they promised. The complimentary match ticket I bet is a payoff for the disaster, and expect that the end of IrelandFANS, maybe I'll be proven wrong but I don't think so. Just to mention something else here, the official fai shop, 1 Jersey, THAT's all you can buy online at the fai. I eventually found a site that sells the jerseys, fleeces, tracksuits, male, and female baseball hats, is it in Ireland, nah, you have to buy your IRISH gear in the USA. I rest my case.
    It's not actually winning that counts, it's playing the game with attitude