Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: City Fans Behaviour Away

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

City Fans Behaviour Away

Lads, I know there's a VERY long thread on the official site about what happened on Sunday and I don't want to rehearse all of that (BTW I agree 100 % with TikTok's post there) but I was ashamed to be a City fan coming out of there on Sunday. I get to a lot more away than home games and ahev always been proud of the rep our fans have within the league Talking to Pats fans after in McDowells they all said that they had a high opinion of City fans over the years, but I think a lot of people haev been turning a blind eye to somep problems that have been getting worse over the past couple of seasons.

We weremore sinned against that sinning on Sunday, but that's not really the point. On Sunday a few people stood up and stopped a bad situation getting out of hand - and fair dues to them, but maybe it's time we had a think about sorting this out.

1. Drunk kids. Inchicore now seems to be a favourite venue for the underage drinking brigade. In the last few years it's getting messier all the time, with young fellas who can't take their drink. I dont have the solution, but drinking all day on the buses or trains is hard to stop. Mayeb something can be done about the younger kids at least.

2. Aggressive idiots. Apart from the kids, there's a lot of adults would want to have a good look at themselves. Talk of "we won't take this sitting down" and "we're going to stand up for ourselves" from grown men is irresponsible and stupid. There were a good few on Sunday who thought they were at a match in England. They were egging on the kids and are probably the last ones to actually "stand up" themselves.

3. Abuse of officials. I'm not talking about shouting in reaction to a bad decision or a bit of "don't know what you're doing" - I'm talking about long volleys of vicious abuse at linesmen for no reason whatsoever (Drogheda at the end of last season nearly involved an assault on an official). Lads there are kids at games here, it is stoping families going to matches. If you get enjoyment out of screaming abuse for 90 minutes, then I'm sorry for you, but do it an Anfield or Old Trafford.

I think this is the best ever City team, best position in the league, still in Europe and the cup. It is the best season ever to be a City fan - and I just don't want to see some idiots spoiling it for us. I know I probably could have done more myslf to calm things down on Sunday, and I think just a few of us being more responsible could stop this
    Mick D. for Ireland!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hecko
    and I think just a few of us being more responsible could stop this
    I wouldn't be too sure of that.
    Too few people were willing to listen to any sort of reason last Sunday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsh
    Too few people were willing to listen to any sort of reason last Sunday.
    It's too late to be trying to talk to people when tensions are running high.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    can't say I disagree with any of that Hecko. great post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    I don’t really go to many away games but Sunday was the first time at any ground that I just wanted to leave asap – our car was parked next to the ground and instead of sticking around for grub we just wanted to get the hell out of there and we were back in Cork for nine o clock. Coupled to the fact that we could not get into the pub in Drogheda two weeks earlier because we were wearing City shirts – would not exactly encourage you to travel for away games all the time would it? City fans are getting a reputation now for trouble. Justified or not.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Unhappy

It was the first away game i missed this season & sounds like WWIII.

I've been to Inchicore many times so know what the ground & locals are like. Only problem i've had was when my bike was stolen.

The actions with the stone are completely wrong but i've always wondered how some City fans can sing particularily offensive songs & be surprised when they get a reaction.

I don't know who was involved on sunday but in the past i've noticed some dat trippers travel to Longford & somehow look for trouble in a ground its almost impossible to find it.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    'Coupled to the fact that we could not get into the pub in Drogheda two weeks earlier because we were wearing City shirts – would not exactly encourage you to travel for away games all the time would it?'

Eh don't take offence with that - some dublin teams supporters never get into mother hughes prematch (though they can be leniant when theyre in a good mood!!). Cork supporters usually do get in there (i was talking to a few of them in their pre and post match when you were down a few weeks ago).

As I said before we didn't get into the horseshoe post match against you lot but ye dont hear us crying about it - away fans not getting into the odd pub the odd time happens, just get over it ffs
    DAN CONNOR HATES CITY, HE HATES LANGERS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo
    'Coupled to the fact that we could not get into the pub in Drogheda two weeks earlier because we were wearing City shirts – would not exactly encourage you to travel for away games all the time would it?'

Eh don't take offence with that - some dublin teams supporters never get into mother hughes prematch (though they can be leniant when theyre in a good mood!!). Cork supporters usually do get in there (i was talking to a few of them in their pre and post match when you were down a few weeks ago).

As I said before we didn't get into the horseshoe post match against you lot but ye dont hear us crying about it - away fans not getting into the odd pub the odd time happens, just get over it ffs
    didnt take any particular offence and it was not Mother Hughes' - just said it was discouraging - the same fella had no problem taking my money before the game. It was bad form - like it or not.anyway apologies this is off the topic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    'the same fella had no problem taking my money before the game. It was bad form'

As they did in the horseshoe with us but again cant see why its a case for letting it bother me
    DAN CONNOR HATES CITY, HE HATES LANGERS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo
    'the same fella had no problem taking my money before the game. It was bad form'

As they did in the horseshoe with us but again cant see why its a case for letting it bother me
    Well all i can say is fair enough if it did not bother you. But if most people have a drink and a bite to eat in a pub and are not allowed back in to the same pub 2 hours later for no apparent reason it is a bit irritating.