Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 1657

Thread: Caoimhín Kelleher GK Liverpool b.1998

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    Excellent stuff. As much as we've said the GK position isn't an issue for us with 2/3 good options, they still all had questions marks. Looks like Kelleher has removed his now. That's enough games and pressure he's been under to prove his well able for it.

Our obvious #1 now and hopefully he'll find a way to be #1 at club level at Liverpool or elsewhere soon too. Wonder what his ceiling is?
    I would say Liverpool are licking their lips here. If you are in the market for a keeper in any league, he is an attractive option. He is literally proven at the very top level. And he's got a very attractive skillset. You look back through this thread and there were people questioning whether he would get a Premiership move last summer. He is a compelling option for any side with a need or looking for an upgrade. I don't think any top half Premiership side is looking for a keeper at the moment though. Chelsea probably have the worst keeper in the top half in Roberto Sanchez and Kelleher is looking like he is better than him.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Or do they cash in on Allison.....

3. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    I would say Liverpool are licking their lips here. If you are in the market for a keeper in any league, he is an attractive option. He is literally proven at the very top level. And he's got a very attractive skillset. You look back through this thread and there were people questioning whether he would get a Premiership move last summer. He is a compelling option for any side with a need or looking for an upgrade. I don't think any top half Premiership side is looking for a keeper at the moment though. Chelsea probably have the worst keeper in the top half in Roberto Sanchez and Kelleher is looking like he is better than him.
    Kelleher is way better than Sanchez - he was the product of the team around him and is an arrogant sob - Brighton couldn't believe their luck that Chelsea were willing to give them £20m for a player they wanted out the door (on top of the other £200m they forked out to Brighton).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    569 Posts
    Honestly I think Liverpool won’t sell unless there’s a buyback clause. The Saudis tried to buy Alisson last summer and I think a summer 2025 sale is a possibility if they’re still splashing cash in the same way.

I think the question Kelleher has to ask is, does he hang around under the assumption that Alisson will pick up injuries at the same rate he currently is (I think that’s 3 this season) - or does he push for a loan or does he push for a sale?

Everything is so in the air with Liverpool’s summer plans with a new manager, out of contract players (Adrian, Matip, Thiago) and players entering their final year (Van Dijk, Salah, Alexander-Arnold), alongside a very limited amount of non-homegrown spaces.

Specifically in terms of keepers, Jaros is ready to be a third choice keeper, so they can release Adrian but they’ll need to spend to replace Kelleher and given Alisson’s recent injury issues, there’ll certainly be a fear that he’s entered the stage of his career where he can’t stay fit. So they’ll need genuinely quality (as Kelleher has shown this season). Adrian definitely cost them back in 2020 when he played against Atletico Madrid and it knocked them out of the champions league.

Maybe they can buy Bazunu and training in that elite environment can finally iron out pretty apparent holes in his game because there is an excellent keeper in Bazunu with the right coaching and development plan

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    570 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    Honestly I think Liverpool won’t sell unless there’s a buyback clause. The Saudis tried to buy Alisson last summer and I think a summer 2025 sale is a possibility if they’re still splashing cash in the same way.

I think the question Kelleher has to ask is, does he hang around under the assumption that Alisson will pick up injuries at the same rate he currently is (I think that’s 3 this season) - or does he push for a loan or does he push for a sale?

Everything is so in the air with Liverpool’s summer plans with a new manager, out of contract players (Adrian, Matip, Thiago) and players entering their final year (Van Dijk, Salah, Alexander-Arnold), alongside a very limited amount of non-homegrown spaces.

Specifically in terms of keepers, Jaros is ready to be a third choice keeper, so they can release Adrian but they’ll need to spend to replace Kelleher and given Alisson’s recent injury issues, there’ll certainly be a fear that he’s entered the stage of his career where he can’t stay fit. So they’ll need genuinely quality (as Kelleher has shown this season). Adrian definitely cost them back in 2020 when he played against Atletico Madrid and it knocked them out of the champions league.

Maybe they can buy Bazunu and training in that elite environment can finally iron out pretty apparent holes in his game because there is an excellent keeper in Bazunu with the right coaching and development plan
    Bazunu and Kelleher both at Liverpool ? !

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts
    You know, Bazunu has played so much football so early in his career, that he's actually one keeper that might benefit from a year or two as a number two at a Champions League level club. I don't think he'd go for it though, he has always been desperate to be a starter and has made loan and permanent moves accordingly.

I'm still a big Bazunu fan and I think his ceiling is massive. But Kelleher has definitely moved ahead of him in terms of the Irish starting spot for now. Unless Alisson is moving on I'd still definitely want to see him move on this summer. The last time he had a half decent run in the team (the time he scored the winning penalty in the Carabao Cup final), he didn't play another game for about eight months afterwards. There's no guarantee Alisson will have another injury any time soon.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts
    shot stopping wise i think CK is just a bit off proper world class alisson level. hes not as big and doesnt that that huge presence when someone is baring down 1v1. might sound harsh but if we are talking about liverpool possibly cashing in on alisson i dont think they'd do it for this reason alone. Kelleher has really improved with a run of games though i'll give him that. the reaction save for the only sheff united chance last night was class. I said last summer id have been hoping for an outside chance of someone like spurs getting him but they've a keeper now. Leicester were the ones I thought might take a punt on him. Im not sure there is an obvious PL team that need a new no1? interesting summer ahead anyway. I could definitely see liverpool selling. his value wont be higher than it is now and they apparently value him at 30mil (tabloid talk).

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    492 Posts
    I would say the new Liverpool manager will say your staying and that's it
    Why would he allow a good 2nd choice to leave, with the knowledge that Allison is injury prone

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,712 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    the reaction save for the only sheff united chance last night was class.
    Was that the one in the first minute? I thought the striker was terrible tbh and hit it straight at CK, who didn't even have to move his standing foot to save it. I hear he made a very good save very late in the first half though.

I used to think Alisson was lucky in terms of the sheer number of times the ball would hit his feet. I still kind of think the same of CK, but I also have to concede that when it happens a lot it's obviously not luck at all. The ball used to hit Paul McGrath a lot in his later years.

CK has had at least 6-7 big moments in his recent run of games and he's won almost all of them.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    461 Posts
    shot stopping wise i think CK is just a bit off proper world class alisson level. hes not as big and doesnt that that huge presence when someone is baring down 1v1. might sound harsh but if we are talking about liverpool possibly cashing in on alisson i dont think they'd do it for this reason alone. Kelleher has really improved with a run of games though i'll give him that. the reaction save for the only sheff united chance last night was class. I said last summer id have been hoping for an outside chance of someone like spurs getting him but they've a keeper now. Leicester were the ones I thought might take a punt on him. Im not sure there is an obvious PL team that need a new no1? interesting summer ahead anyway. I could definitely see liverpool selling. his value wont be higher than it is now and they apparently value him at 30mil (tabloid talk).
    It will be sad for him when he leaves on the summer with the chances that he will ever be involved in a genuine title challenge like has has been for the last 7 or 8 games with liverpool been pretty slim. In reality thos spell is likely the highlight of his career. 10 years playing in the Premier league for a good level team like Aston villa will never create the magic of this run with liverpool

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    It will be sad for him when he leaves on the summer with the chances that he will ever be involved in a genuine title challenge like has has been for the last 7 or 8 games with liverpool been pretty slim. In reality thos spell is likely the highlight of his career. 10 years playing in the Premier league for a good level team like Aston villa will never create the magic of this run with liverpool
    Aston Villa might finish ahead of Liverpool in the next season or two and Man City will win this year's English league whenever they decide to.

Maybe that's wrong but it's not unbelievable.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Im not sure there is an obvious PL team that need a new no1?
    Neto is 34
    Leno could be replaced
    Chelsea need a keeper
    Palace's keepers been poor enough this season
    Raya hasn't been great for Arsenal in my opinion
    Brighton are rotating keepers
    Leicester and Ipswich could upgrade if promoted

I also think there would be a lot of interest from around Europe

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    492 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Red Giant View Post
    Neto is 34
    Leno could be replaced
    Chelsea need a keeper
    Palace's keepers been poor enough this season
    Raya hasn't been great for Arsenal in my opinion
    Brighton are rotating keepers
    Leicester and Ipswich could upgrade if promoted

I also think there would be a lot of interest from around Europe
    Absolutely go to Italy CK. Seria A would suit him

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    461 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    Aston Villa might finish ahead of Liverpool in the next season or two and Man City will win this year's English league whenever they decide to.

Maybe that's wrong but it's not unbelievable.
    Ah yeah but it's unlikely which iscwhat I'm saying. Most likely is he won't be involved in a team involved in a genuine title challenge where every touch he has is analysed and is potentially pivotel in the winning of the Premier league. Who was the last irish player who was pivotel in a team in that situation ?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    Ah yeah but it's unlikely which iscwhat I'm saying. Most likely is he won't be involved in a team involved in a genuine title challenge where every touch he has is analysed and is potentially pivotel in the winning of the Premier league. Who was the last irish player who was pivotel in a team in that situation ?
    Ah yeah I get you, it's fantastic to see him involved and it is a title challenge. He probably won't get this again unless Liverpools revamp goes well and includes him or he moves to the next in line. Is he better than Onana?

Last Irish player involved in a title challenge? Matt Doherty at Spurs maybe!

Looks like O'Shea/Gibson realistically.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    Was an unlucky goal to concede. He was obviously in no man’s land but really was where he was supposed to be. Great finish from Bruno and I think Kelleher’d have got a red card if he’d got his hand to it as he almost did.

Did very well with a ball into the corridor of uncertainty quickly after conceding.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts
    Another solid 90 for him in a big game. First one was nothing to do with him, just really poor from Quansah, Kelleher had come out for the simple back pass and should have been given it. Second one was a screamer. Made a few smart stops otherwise, but all ones you'd expect him to save.

In general Liverpool have a problem down the right side of their defence, obviously it's caused by injuries but you can really see opposition teams targeting the two young lads in that area now and it may well be what costs them the title if they miss out.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,712 Posts
    No chance with the second either although some keepers do sometimes make incredible saves. Footwork is important etc.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,267 Posts

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    871 Posts
    In fairness the run that Kelleher got is enough to prove he can be a number 1. Interesting summer ahead for him now
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Page 79 of 83 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast