Page 180 of 590 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,600 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    [QUOTE=wesleyBHFC;1484174]i fancy douglas hall for the beamish cup. easy draw for them. should hit ballinhassig for 4 or 5!! ballinhassig very poor this season!!![/QUOT

don't think that will be much consolation for them, after sunday's result looks like they have done a newcastle from 96/97 season, all that missing is a kevin keegan-esqe style moment!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznik View Post
    Blarney 5-3 Midleton
    heard it was 0-0 at half time!! must of been the most entertaining 2nd half in a long time!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by villaman10 View Post
    heard it was 0-0 at half time!! must of been the most entertaining 2nd half in a long time!!
    Was 0-0 at half time alrite. Blarney went 3-0 and then Midleton pulled 1 back, then another and then another. They were still celebrating there comeback when blarney scored 20 seconds after the restart and got their fifth with 5 minutes to go.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Blarney defence is very poor, very slow and it has cost them with being in with a chance for the league.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    My money is still on the Hall to win the league. Dont write them off yet

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedge View Post
    My money is still on the Hall to win the league. Dont write them off yet
    as i said earlier many pages back i would love to see them win the league,as they play football. but just like arsenal in the eng prem they just dont seem to have the heart for the battle, could be proved wrong but if they don't do it this year they will be forever known as chokers!! all the in fighting has cost them dearly!!

what odds on caulfied as douglas manager next year???

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Blarney defence is very poor, very slow and it has cost them with being in with a chance for the league.
    Their defending was very poor at the start of the year but has been very good since then, excluding the Midleton game which had some awful defending.
    If you look at the results they had only conceded 3 goals in 7 league games prior to Midleton. Not bad considering the teams they played included Avondale, Rockmount and Douglas. They also kept a clean sheet against St.Marys in the Donie Forde Final in that time.
    Last edited by Gobias; 10/05/2011 at 1:50 PM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Thats strange Nedge because the league table suggests that they have the 3rd tightest defence in the league. Only Rockmount and Avondale have a better defensive record.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznik View Post
    Thats strange Nedge because the league table suggests that they have the 3rd tightest defence in the league. Only Rockmount and Avondale have a better defensive record.

hidden agenda maybe??

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    No hidden agenda, i should have been more precise, their poor defensive performence at the begining of the season have cost them in challanging for the league. at keane appears to have whipped them into shape as the season progressed, but their poor start to the season is definatly down to poor defending

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Dont agree with you there NEDGE. From the games i have seen with blarney its there lack of scoring and fire power up front has cost them! at times they play great football but without the finishing touch. would like to see them against douglas hall in the beamish cup final. be interesting to see if douglas hall fail to win the league..

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    No hidden agenda, i should have been more precise, their poor defensive performence at the begining of the season have cost them in challanging for the league. at keane appears to have whipped them into shape as the season progressed, but their poor start to the season is definatly down to poor defending
    I suppose if you INSIST! The same reason most goals in football can be pinned down to an individual error somewhere in the field. MSL has no Barcelona's in it so rarely do teams score goals of pure brilliance where the opposition could have done nothing about it. So therefore, Every team in the league is guilty of poor defending at stages of each game it just depends whether there punished by the opposition or not. I agree with the influence of Pat Keane in the team. A winner and a leader is what most teams thrive for throughout a campaign

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    at the hall game last sunday it looked to me as if they were going for the win when i would have thought a draw would have put them in the driving seat for the league. This was noticeable from the management as well as they were rushing everything when it was one all. when the mount scored the winner they shut up shop and ran down the clock perfectly. just wondering was it lost on the line and not by the players as same thing happened against blarney by being caught upfield in the last minute to lose the game

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Management has an awful lot to do with it. Varian for Wilky was a terrible substitution at the time. A draw was status quo with maybe Dale being the big winners but they still have Hall and Mount to play. Mount freshened up their fwd line at that stage with Gary O Riordan coming on as sub and coming up with the winner. The pitch is a poor excuse. Its the same for both teams involved. Dale and Hall will be huge but so will Marys and Mount next Wednesday night.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by douglas local View Post
    at the hall game last sunday it looked to me as if they were going for the win when i would have thought a draw would have put them in the driving seat for the league. This was noticeable from the management as well as they were rushing everything when it was one all. when the mount scored the winner they shut up shop and ran down the clock perfectly. just wondering was it lost on the line and not by the players as same thing happened against blarney by being caught upfield in the last minute to lose the game
    I would have to agree with the first bit, A draw would have been a decent result against rockmount considering it was a ''6 pointer'' so by drawing also restricts rockmounts push. In respect to the blarney game i would think the hall would have to go for the win simply because a draw would have been 2 dropped points against a team not challenging for the league and of course hall being the home side. Evidently blarney snatched the win but hey, Thats football...

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    As far as I am concerned all 3 teams can still win the league. You would have to consider the Hall getting all 3 points on Sunday. The Dale have a tricky one at home but you would see them winning too. Dale vs Hall next Wed and Mount and Marys. Realistically in this league anybody can win or lose against each other. I think the strongest SQUAD will pull through.............not telling you who I think though! This weekend will tell alot going into the last two games!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    As far as I am concerned all 3 teams can still win the league. You would have to consider the Hall getting all 3 points on Sunday. The Dale have a tricky one at home but you would see them winning too. Dale vs Hall next Wed and Mount and Marys. Realistically in this league anybody can win or lose against each other. I think the strongest SQUAD will pull through.............not telling you who I think though! This weekend will tell alot going into the last two games!
    Hall and Dale not fixed yet. Hall v Blarney next Wednesday in O Connell cup.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Marys beat Dale 4-1 last night, Dale had 7 changes from last Sunday and Marys got 3 penalties.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    well sparky from what i've seen of you this year, wouldn't mind seeing you wit a medal!! all 3 squads are strong in football wise, but going by this forum's opinion only 2 are strong in the mental side of the game, which i think this season has been the most important for the top teams!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    beat coriantians today in semi final.one nil.small bit of revenge.after a long season its gonna boil down to a final against bandon.we deserve a trophy
    67 years in cork soccer 1951-2018
    🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫🔴⚫