Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    It wasn't full strength, but wasn't totally reserve either.
    Saw the Echo tonight, 3 or 4 changes from Sunday, musta been some amount of alcohol sweated out there.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Saw the Echo tonight, 3 or 4 changes from Sunday, musta been some amount of alcohol sweated out there.
    Don't know what your talking about, our boys are supreme athletes in the prime of their careers. Total tee total - not a drop of booze passed their lips in an effort to ensure the title comes our way as well as the cup.

The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    city never looked liked scoring. young lads they had up front were never gonna get past ken hoey. He s a class act at the back
    if it wasnt for birds and booze id have played for ireland juniors!!!!!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Total tee total - not a drop of booze passed their lips in an effort to ensure the title comes our way as well as the cup.
    Maybe twas the photo on the back page of the echo of 3 players draped all over each other all over the pool table in Tipples.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    That photo came to mind for me as well. I expect they will all be fit and well by Tuesday night

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Mount beat Carrigaline 1-0 today in O Connell cup quarters, semi v Dale next Sat I think.
    Only 3/4 regulars played.

I hear Dale won 3-0 v Hall?
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Hall beaten 4-0 by Avondale. Competitive first half, but second 'Hall fell away. Difficult to keep motivation with the league drawing to an end.

Beamish Cup next target, home to Mayfield in Semi on Tuesday night.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Hope you'll do the same when we show up in the next few weeks! Can't see that happening, but you never know.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Very shaky end for the season in the league for the hall. Avondale must of been on fire.
    Have the heads dropped ball-hop since the Inter cup final.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Still playing good football, but not converting chances, but the cup final has taken its toll. Set backs in matches seem to have a greater effect at the moment.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Team shuffle tonight, Strachan's goal enough to get the 'Hall past Mayfield in the Beamish Semi. Everton beat Mary's 2-1 in the other semi.

How did Rockmount do, Cliff?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Just in from windy Rockmount park (for a change!).

1-1 draw on the night. A 90 min own goal by the Blarney num 9 (I think!) got the point for Mount. It was nothing more than we deserved as we absolutely battered a resolute Blarney from the 25th min on. The first 25 mins was dominated by the incredibly hard working Blarney outfit, you'd wonder who were going for the title at that stage. Mark Clifford (my alias, but sadly not me) brilliantly set up the lead goal in about the 5th minute. He skipped past three ex team mates to send in a superb cross which was dispatched to the net from about 5 yards out.

From the 25th min on Mount kicked into gear and with the wind battered the Blarney goal mouth with frees and corners to no avail. The second half, into the wind was also dominated by the champions. Despite that Blarney had a superb effort smash off the bar and were always lively on the counter attack. Eventually we got our deserved equaliser, but fair play to Blarney for the battle they made it. Cliffy and Ray O Leary were excellent as were the back four in general considering everything including the kitchen sink was thrown at them.

For Mount Ken Hoey, Pat Keane and the industrious Jammer and Beech stood out on the night. True to say we weren't at our best, but the incredible heart shown to keep this historic attempt at three in a row alive was immense. Hats off to all the lads involved tonight, about 28 players involved all willing to fight to the bitter end for the cause. Shows why the Munster Senior Lg is dominating all before it in the Intermediate cup.

Hats off to the man in the middle tonight, let the game flow as much as possible in terribly windy conditions, both from the air and
    both side lines!

Keep up the good work everybody. Some run in ahead of us. Three games left while Dale sit back and wait for Sat week.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Keep up the good work everybody. Some run in ahead of us. Three games left while Dale sit back and wait for Sat week.
    Is that definitely being left til last Cliffy?
    That last gasp point could prove crucial should ye win the next 2 games.

Avondale Utd 17 40
    Rockmount 15 35
    Douglas Hall 17 31
    Last edited by razor; 21/05/2008 at 9:12 AM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Yip, we play Everton on Thurs and Hall next Weds. Seems mad to play the decider on the Saturday of the June Bank Holiday, I for one will most likely miss it as we're going away. I wonder how many from either side will be in the same position.

Surely nothing wrong with Tue Thurs set up like it has been for the last 6 weeks.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    It also says they are playing this Saturday in a cup, what cup is that?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Tough final three games for Rockmount to win league. Surly that was two points lost against blarney. Hall will be up for it after Final defeat. Will be some turnaround from Avondale if Mount slip up.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    O Connell cup semi on Saturday as far as I know.

Tough games indeed Bon. It's tough to keep it going, last year and the year before Dale fell away in the league after winning the fai cup. It certainly takes it toll on the players.

If we pull it off it'll be some double, but it's squeaky bum time indeed. Everton won't be showing up on Thurs for the craic I'll wager!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    And Everton showed up for more than the craic as I predicted.

3-1 defeat for Rockmount puts a serious dent in their title hunt. Two wins now needed away to the Hall and Dale respectively.

Never got going tonight and went behind early on, Ross O Callaghan levelled things up and we waited for the onslaught. Sadly for us it never really came and the tiredness seemed to finally catch up as the lads just couldn't muster up the energy to create openings.

Without Wheldon, Keane and Oldham the players who came in did superbly well, but ultimately the timing of losing such valuable players has gone against us this week.

Never mind, makes the last two games all the more interesting. Sadly the two year unbeaten run is over. We'll just have to begin it all again next Weds night.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    I must say when the text came through last night I got a bit of a shock. Mount now must win away to Douglas Hall for it to go to the wire.
    Hall rolled over to Dale last week but after the Intermediate Cup Final I can't imagine them doing Mount any such favours.

Avondale Utd 17 40
    Rockmount 16 35
    Douglas Hall 17 31

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    From what I hear injuries are after stopping Mounts title challenge.
    Doyle, Keane, Oldham Weldon, & M Deasy all are out. Doyle tried to play last night (1st game since the inter final) but had to come off.
    All are set to miss the final two games. Unfortunate time to get these injuries as obviously playing 3 times a week has taken it's toll.
    At least the trophies are spread around this year although I did bet for the Hall to beat Mount in the Intermediate and the Mount to win the league.
    Quite shocked they threw it away as they looked so dominate in the league but will put it down to bad luck. 4 big players to be losing
    Anyway fair play to Avondale for sticking at it