Results 9,561 to 9,580 of 11790

Thread: Munster Senior League

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patron View Post
    The fact is that Steve Mul would take the Cobh players back in a flash so he wants to go down the same route as Wolfey. Remember it was Wolfey who brought these players in and its the clubs fault for having no policy regarding who plays for the club. That's why they are in this mess, outside players should not be blamed for this mess but thanked for keeping them in the premier.
    If Midleton go down so be it, in the long run it might help the club and encourage them and give them time to bring through their own players as opposed to depending on players from outside.
    Apparently Midleton are so annoyed about players leaving that they refused Cobh Wanderers entry to the Barry Wall cup. Wanderers were invited to this competition every year. Personally I find this pathetic. This cup is normally East Cork teams.
    Midleton are a good example of how to run a club but decisions like this don't help them. Anyway hope they are ok next season. Good club, well run and good people involved.
    Think one or two of the players need to have a look at themselves now,they left there home town senior team fold last year,think it's time some show some loyalty now rather than jumping back and fort from club to club,there going to be world beaters now because they will run away with the league,but will they always be remembered for the time Cobh wanderers senior team couldn't field for a year.agree with you on maybe wolfey may be shud be stopped from signing outside but as you said had they any policy on it???,but then he might have left his position aswell being told wat to do??would that have been fair???.think your getting mixed up,there junior tournament is east cork tournament ,but there senior tournament from past knowledge and participation they have invitation policy and all depending what div they play in.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    That is just childish if Midleton are not letting Wanderers into their tournament. They put all their faith in non-local players, they have to deal with it now. I fully back the Cobh players for returning and don't care if they turned their back before. Last season Cobh wouldn't have been worth joining for them, shows the work being put in this year.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tweety View Post
    Think one or two of the players need to have a look at themselves now,they left there home town senior team fold last year,think it's time some show some loyalty now rather than jumping back and fort from club to club,there going to be world beaters now because they will run away with the league,but will they always be remembered for the time Cobh wanderers senior team couldn't field for a year.agree with you on maybe wolfey may be shud be stopped from signing outside but as you said had they any policy on it???,but then he might have left his position aswell being told wat to do??would that have been fair???.think your getting mixed up,there junior tournament is east cork tournament ,but there senior tournament from past knowledge and participation they have invitation policy and all depending what div they play in.
    Wolfey and the committee obviously clashed at some point. Wanderers always played in that competition ( over 20 years I've been told ) and as soon as players leave Midleton and go back they're refused entry, coincidence or what ??? Or maybe it was the fact that The Midleton manager asked to be part of the Cobh management team but wasn't taken??
    Invitation policy depending on div is strange because Cobh are 2nd div and Midleton premier so they won't be in d same league which would make sense to play eachother yet Carrigaline will be competing and both them and Midleton will be in the same league. That doesn't make sense to me.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Wolfey and the committee obviously clashed at some point. Wanderers always played in that competition ( over 20 years I've been told ) and as soon as players leave Midleton and go back they're refused entry, coincidence or what ??? Or maybe it was the fact that The Midleton manager asked to be part of the Cobh management team but wasn't taken??
    Invitation policy depending on div is strange because Cobh are 2nd div and Midleton premier so they won't be in d same league which would make sense to play eachother yet Carrigaline will be competing and both them and Midleton will be in the same league. That doesn't make sense to me.
    To be honest I used to play with Cors in it and that's they way they ran it,dunno who is in it this year to be honest,but Cobh were not in it last year either.dunno what to think about it really.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Wanderers are in the junior Barry Wall tournament.

6. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Why would Midelton ask a club who has taken a number of players from last years squad into there tournament ? Midelton are dead right, I'm sure they'll make the correct decisions for there club not anyone else

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    God some very negative people on this,Stephen Mulcahy and Kevin Murray will be fantastic for Midleton,they hav the facilities and a very good nucleus to build from plus the will to go and win for his home club,good to see a local manager with passion again,best of luck to them #premdivfootball.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superkeeper View Post
    Why would Midelton ask a club who has taken a number of players from last years squad into there tournament ? Midelton are dead right, I'm sure they'll make the correct decisions for there club not anyone else
    Someone's a Midleton fan anyway. Don't see the point in not letting Cobh join the tournament. It's just pitiful and immature. They're a well run club and should be higher than this

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobhlad View Post
    Someone's a Midleton fan anyway. Don't see the point in not letting Cobh join the tournament. It's just pitiful and immature. They're a well run club and should be higher than this
    Well said. I heard that when Midleton asked one of the Cobh lads as to why they were joining Wanderers the reply was sure didn't you ask to go there aswell.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Well said. I heard that when Midleton asked one of the Cobh lads as to why they were joining Wanderers the reply was sure didn't you ask to go there aswell.
    A non-Cobh person wanted to go Wanderers as well? That says a lot really. Wanderers have a policy on not letting non-locals play

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Well on a proper football debate for a change I see the league have put up everyone who is suspended for the start of the season,(games carried over from last year),are we starting to see professionalism at last,by putting up stuff like this on website for everyone to see.no hiding anything,is this the change everyone looking for?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Cobh Wanderers have a policy of letting no non locals play and Midleton had the complete opposite of letting no locals play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    this cobh/midleton crap is getting a bit boring lads time to move on !! best of luck to stephen mull & co ,great player in his day & top man hope he makes a good go of it !!!!
    any other news in the league , i see dales snapped up holland and o'donovan from ucc , any other players signed by them !!!

magpie
    I have never read so much crap in my whole life. I have noticed that the men who were on this site when I 1st joined have now left, I wonder why?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moonman View Post
    this cobh/midleton crap is getting a bit boring lads time to move on !! best of luck to stephen mull & co ,great player in his day & top man hope he makes a good go of it !!!!
    any other news in the league , i see dales snapped up holland and o'donovan from ucc , any other players signed by them !!!
    Kelvin Connolly signed aswell best of luck to the young fella great oppertunnitty for him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Casement juniors looking for a friendly Tuesday night pm if interested

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Jason forde cork city to ringmahon

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Cobh Wanderers draw 1-1 with Douglas Hall in their first game of pre-season. Davin O'Neill with the goal for Cobh. 40 locals travelled to Douglas for it which is good. Playing Springfield on Friday night

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    I see chubbs has been picked for the irish amateur side with avondale said to be the club he is representing,i wonder will he be overlooked once they realise he is a cobh wanderers player and playing in a shocking league?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobhlad View Post
    Cobh Wanderers draw 1-1 with Douglas Hall in their first game of pre-season. Davin O'Neill with the goal for Cobh. 40 locals travelled to Douglas for it which is good. Playing Springfield on Friday night
    Wanderers the better side, anyone who didn't know any better wouldn't have been able to tell which side were in the Premier.