Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More Shel$ Thuggery

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thumbs down More Shel$ Thuggery

I now they had a link with Manchester United but did the United coaches also train them to harass referees (see Shels v Pats on eL weekly). I thought pulling the referees shirt would be at least be a yellow if not a red card.

It hardly matters but there could be no argument about the red card for viiolent conduct.

By condoning this the league are again setting precedent to encourage it again.

Is that 3 or 4 red cards for shel$ already this season (i'm losing count)? all for violent conduct too, no tackles.

If a player gets a longer ban for 2nd & 3rd red card of season does the same happen to the club?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I would agree, Hawkins head butt was a disgrace and as for the malee that followed several of the Shel's players could/should have been booked at least. Maybe it is the big clubs getting away with murder.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    How on earth is it getting away with it when all 3 players were SENT OFF!!

They were shown RED CARDS!!

What more do you want?

Shels this season have already had 3 or 4 very bad tackles against them where no RED was shown. I suppose this is shels getting away with it again?
    John Delaney!! GET OUT!!!
    www.ssdg.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    348 Posts
    Is it just me or are Cork fans totally obsessed with knocking Shels at every oppertunity
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B
    Is it just me or are Cork fans totally obsessed with knocking Shels at every oppertunity
    Fully agreed

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Come off it, Shels consistently get away with harrassing and abusing refs - it wouldn't be accepted in other leagues but just gets ignored here.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy
    Come off it, Shels consistently get away with harrassing and abusing refs - it wouldn't be accepted in other leagues but just gets ignored here.
    no i agree with you as well, but most Cork lads take any chance to have a swipe at Shels, actually most fans in the league do, it's only natural seeing as they are champions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    I have to say, i never really noticed this "thuggery" much myself. Until last Friday night, the shels players were a fcuking disgrace, what were they trying to prove, that Hawkins done nothing??? MUPPETS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saints4Ever
    I have to say, i never really noticed this "thuggery" much myself. Until last Friday night, the shels players were a fcuking disgrace, what were they trying to prove, that Hawkins done nothing??? MUPPETS
    What about Caffery on Baker ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Caffo got the ball cleanly - the problem with baker is he goes down after teh slightest touch but also is a filthy sneak himself

unquestionably baker should have walked for the hawkins protest and both should receive 6 match bans

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    The Shels players received the appropriate red cards because they deserved them. The problem is the intimidation of the refs in the direct aftermath of these events.
    Owen Heary is the only player i have seen anywhere push a ref in the chest with 2 hands and escape without a card. It happened in front of the Shed when Jim O'Neill awarded a late penalty. Jim also failed to note this in his report and was duly relegated. Heary escaped scot free.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Hawkins got sent off and justifiable so. Baker protests too much, I as a Shels fan fully agree. The Cork Red was touch and go, but O'Callaghan made sure of it.

Cork City possibly had the worst offender for hassling refs in the history of the world of soccer in Caufield. The man was a 1000 times worse than Baker.

anyway I will let you get back to your rants.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo69
    but most Cork lads take any chance to have a swipe at Shels, actually most fans in the league do, it's only natural seeing as they are champions

Ahh .... just cause they are champions that doesn't mean they are infallible ... they are the same as anyone else and the allowances being made for them is wrong.

The should abide by the rules and exercise sportsmanship ... for the good of the game !!
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face
    Ahh .... just cause they are champions that doesn't mean they are infallible ... they are the same as anyone else and the allowances being made for them is wrong.

The should abide by the rules and exercise sportsmanship ... for the good of the game !!
    Allowances? We've had three ****ing red cards. One of them was a disgrace, where was the outrage thread over O'Callaghans cheating? I obviously missed that in the wad of "Well done Georgie boy!!" posts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Like Slash\Ed I am confused with what exactly you what. We had a man sent off on each occassion. Obviously your preference would be for the entire team to be sent to the line, but your talk of ref's going easy is rubbish. Utter rubbish, plain and simple.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth
    Like Slash\Ed I am confused with what exactly you what. We had a man sent off on each occassion. Obviously your preference would be for the entire team to be sent to the line, but your talk of ref's going easy is rubbish. Utter rubbish, plain and simple.
    I would have to agree with you on this on Gareth. 3 Red cards is not getting it easy from Ref's, the 3 of them deserved them and got them. As someone said, people are having a go at Shels for this but what about the likes of O'Callaghans cheating with his Rivaldo type tactics ? No back lash like this for Cork.

EVERY SINGLE team, from Shels and Cork, to Bray and Harps try to pressurise the ref into making decisions.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Question

See Caulfield was a major moaner & yes George O'Callaghan is just as bad.

Simple Questions for shels fans: (Yes/No)
    1. Is it aceptable for players to surround the referee complianing about his decision?
    2. Is it acceptable for any player to hold the referee or pull his jersey?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    Simple Questions for shels fans: (Yes/No)

Can they plead the fifth ??
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face

What i mean is that because are the biggest club in the country, League Champions, best squad, their chairman, links with Man U, most press coverage means that supporters will give them a harder time, just like in the premiership when utd were winning all before them.

When they have not abided by the rules players have been sent off........3 so far this season and i am sure that will rise due to the nature of Shels players. Every player should should practice Sportsmanship as you say, i could'nt agree more with you, but what O'Callaghan did Vs. Shels in the Setanta Cup was far worse (for me) than what Hawkins did on Doyler.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    1. Is it aceptable for players to surround the referee complianing about his decision?
    No, and too many players do it. Shels players dont have premium rights on that one. When any Shels player does it, it annoys me. Likewise any other player. More than likely they get a yellow and I sigh at their utter silliness for getting one.

2. Is it acceptable for any player to hold the referee or pull his jersey?
    Red Card I am afraid. Are you leading the witness Pete .

Now you can have a comeback message with multiple examples of it in the past from shels but give me a video recorder and a tape of every game in a season and I guarentee you it pans out evens amoungst teams. They all do it and its annoying. You point is well takne, shame most have blinkers on when it comes to outside Shels!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast