Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Tonight's games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    I am really beginning to believe that Cork are holding out until they play dundalk for clinching the league

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,232 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    I think the only real mover this weekend in the title run is that the winning margin by Cork will be significantly reduced.

They may have to wait a little longer, but they only need 8 more points from 8 games, assuming we win all of ours.

What do they need to be worried about?
    The worst case scenario now is one of the most amazing collapses in LoI history, maybe even European club history.

It's entirely improbable of course, but every tonight looks like another toothless performance. If Harps can nick a goal, then the vision of that embarrassing collapse grows that big larger.

They'll win it of course, but it's entirely understandable given the way they've been playing over the last 5/6 games that Cork they want to get the last win or two out of the way now.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,232 Posts
    And as I type, Cork go 1-0 up, and I'll wager there's a lot less clenching going on Leeside.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    George Hamilton and Brian Kerr have got it wrong. Gallagher had the ball in his hands and Buckley kicked the bottom of Gallagher's hands. Gallagher's palms were facing the sky and the ball has just landed on his palms when Buckley's boot kicked his hands from underneath.

5. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Shocker of a game cork aren't playing great but harps brutal bad advert for Loi place looks shocking on tv especially the dug outs covered in rust 🤔

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitd View Post
    Shocker of a game cork aren't playing great but harps brutal bad advert for Loi place looks shocking on tv especially the dug outs covered in rust 🤔
    It's not the best looking stadium but I think the quality of the match is actually quite good. It's definitely better than the match on Friday.

8. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    It's not the best looking stadium but I think the quality of the match is actually quite good. It's definitely better than the match on Friday.
    Just as I posted that there was a calamitous period of play that resulted in Buckleying skyping it over an open goal, but overall the match was entertaining. But I take the point that Finnpark doesn't look great on TV.

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Massive win that. Better performance than Friday. Sadlier improving every week was very good tonight. 2 wins away now. What a difference a win makes, I'm not worried at all now ha

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    George Hamilton and Brian Kerr have got it wrong. Gallagher had the ball in his hands and Buckley kicked the bottom of Gallagher's hands. Gallagher's palms were facing the sky and the ball has just landed on his palms when Buckley's boot kicked his hands from underneath.
    I see.So Hamilton and Kerr were at the game but you know more from watching it on TV.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    I don't see how that makes their opinion more valid than mine - they were standing about 50/60 yards from the incident. It happened so quickly there's no way they could clearly see what happened with the naked eye. I had to watch the replay to see exactly what happened. The footage clearly shows that Gallagher had the ball in his hands and Buckley kicks his hands.
    But it's happened in a millisecond so I can see how it was given.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    Another dreadful match following on from Friday, but Cork won't care about that, 3 more points is all they wanted.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    It happened so quickly there's no way they could clearly see what happened with the naked eye. I had to watch the replay to see exactly what happened. The footage clearly shows that Gallagher had the ball in his hands and Buckley kicks his hands.
    But it's happened in a millisecond so I can see how it was given.
    Spot on. Harsh on Harps, Gallagher was pulling off some great saves. But it'd be very difficult for any ref to see the kick.

Of course, if we allowed the use of video replays......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    For LOI there should only be video refs as the real ones are pure s***é and contribute nothing to the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    348 Posts
    We can argue all we like about the goal but end of the day Cork were vastly superior,but we paid them far too much respect,left Morrissey completely isolated first half and just hoofed balls up.he had no chance of winning,Keita improved us slightly but I don't think Mcnulty made a save,worrying times.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Cork were very poor for a side going to win the league.
    Harps were pish and I do worry about our chances of survival after the recent performances. McAleer was a huge loss for us going forward but our defence is extremely poor, from being solid and the main reason we stayed up last season to being a horror show this.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Harps were always going to run out of gas in this so I guess Ollie figured the best plan would be to sit right back and try to nick it. And, as you say, Harps aren't the solid side they were. It won't be games like this that decide Harps' fate although, perversely, it may be Sligo's win in Cork that relegates you.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Spot on. Harsh on Harps, Gallagher was pulling off some great saves. But it'd be very difficult for any ref to see the kick.

Of course, if we allowed the use of video replays......
    It'd be some fun making decisions using the Trackchamp coverage.
    A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes for his friends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Happy with Cork getting 3 points last night (although sorry it was against Harps) i was starting to think the 4 in a row was on again.
    Should be a good crowd up for the match in Tallaght Friday week as they could be crowned champions if Dundalk don't beat Pats that night and they take the 3 points in Tallaght.
    After all the whinging over the EA semi final neither side will be pulling any punches...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    There's no point disputing the result at all. Harps were awful for most of the game and invited pressure on for the entire game. We look like a really terrible team when we defend for 90 minutes.

The goal is one of those that the referee could never really have been able to see properly. Buckley did kick Gallaghers hand as opposed to the ball, and it probably shouldn't have stood, but it would have been next to impossible for the referee to have seen it clearly.

At the same time, we didn't have a single shot on target, despite having a couple of decent half chances, especially the one on one that Timlin ballooned over the bar.

We badly missed McAleer, are badly missing Molloy in midfield, could really have done with Dsanes energy up front, and our defence have been brutal for the entire season.

We have a couple of huge games coming up at home to Sligo and Drogheda, and we simply have to win both of those to stay up.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    I am very surprised to hear about Gary Shaw as he never did any of this whilst with us. What on earth happened during this match?
    He was involved in a few barneys here Marty. He has a hot head when he gets a bit of rough treatment

23. Thanks From:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast