Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer window

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Wtf is going on , Robbie Williams has looked out of shape all season and has got worse which can't be good clanger in cork was the start of his demise , real shame as already said not many better in the league when he's going well a top defender and has leadership qualities be sorry to see him go , Shaun Kelly and Paul o Connor very solid surely a fallout more than there ability to end up on transfer list , I heard mc donald is ruthless but pressing too many buttons at once can be a receipy for disaster and it seems that way last few weeks .

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Can't agree with anyone saying we are safe. We look worse then we did at the start of the relegation season. Tough games coming up. Seriously lacking in depth now

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    858 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistinianlad View Post
    Can't agree with anyone saying we are safe. We look worse then we did at the start of the relegation season. Tough games coming up. Seriously lacking in depth now
    But we are five points ahead of St Pats with a game in hand on them too, the same club that came to the Markets and gave us an awful f*cking not very long ago in the final, which we had to lie back and take off them cos we couldn't get the ball. So surely there has to have been improvement of some shape or form since no ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    No we don't ffs the hysteria from some people my God.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I think there is a risk that we get dragged into a relegation battle especially if pats and galway go on runs. However there is no comparison between this team and the one which started the relegation season.

Big bold move by McDonald. Big bold moves can either be a catalyst for some positive, much needed change or they can come back to hit you a knockout blow. I hope he has a plan....

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Maybe with the new assistant in the both of them have looked at the squad and feel the risk is worth it to maybe change an attitude within the club?

Only time will tell. There is a bit of hysteria alright but you can understand because of the players that are transfer listed would be well liked players.

It's football though, a few decent signings and fans will quickly forget.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    The "performance" against Galway was one of the worst displays Iv ever witnessed in many years. The Sligo game was pretty awful too. Maybe being favourites doesn't suit us. Honestly can't see us getting anything against pats and Dundalk unless they really pull it out of the bag.
    As someone above noted. We are lucky there are some truly awful teams in this years league. Otherwise we would be in the mire already

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Maybe with the new assistant in the both of them have looked at the squad and feel the risk is worth it to maybe change an attitude within the club?

Only time will tell. There is a bit of hysteria alright but you can understand because of the players that are transfer listed would be well liked players.

It's football though, a few decent signings and fans will quickly forget.
    That could be the case, if so I admire them for having the spine to do it and it could work out for the best. However if players don't come in I just worry we're leaving ourselves Very short for the rest of the season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    I believe robbie is off to Cork. Good enough for the champions elect but not Limerick FC. Go figure.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Something must have happened behind the scenes that we don't know about. And my thinking behind that is because as long as I've followed the club on social media platforms, I can't ever remember it being announced on any of them that we transfer listed players.

It looks like a statement is being made to the rest of the squad by this.

I'm still baffled why we're putting our only recognised right back on it though.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Cork!? Unless he's going as a coach or something?
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LK37oldskool View Post
    I believe robbie is off to Cork. Good enough for the champions elect but not Limerick FC. Go figure.
    Ian Turner went to Cork when he left ha did that mean we made a huge mistake not breaking the bank to keep him cos he was good enough for Cork.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    We're not exactly blessed with decent Defenders at the moment unless you think Dave O Connor is an adequate replacement. I don't think dumping him this late is wise. Now hopefully there will be an awesome replacement but this been Limerick I very much doubt it. Also I believe that Robbie was a far more consistent player than Turner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Yet another **** up by the club. Not a football brain between them on the board. I wonder who the replacements will be, hopefully not more kids.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    I agree with ye all I am totally and utterly shocked that we are dismantling our league and cup winning squad that have done so well in Europe all these years.......oh wait no we are releasing players from a squads that at beat have been mid-table in the premier and are most known for almost but not avoiding relegation. Christ the moaning Jospehines are out in extra force right now.

Very few people appreciate Shaun Kelly and Paul O'Conor as much as me I'm devastated the two lads are going to be leaving. But the reaction to it is the most Limerick thing ever, want things to change but at the same time want everything to stay the exact same while it changes. This squad was in desperate need of a blow up and tbh it probably still needs more out the door. Would I have chosen the same 3 lads exactly no of course not but the attacks on McDonald so early into his time here are laughable when you consider Russell for away with it for so long including a run of 21 without a win and why cos he played pretty football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    reminds me of when Bradley came in at Rovers last year mid season, cleared out a bunch of guys that he didn't want to work with and were bad for the dressing room and played with kids until the end of the season.
    He rightly backed them to scrape into Europe and your manager obviously reckons the squad that's left can get the half dozen points or so that will get you out of relegation battle.
    What can the board do but back him in his decisions they just appointed him

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    If McDonald has been given license to wield his axe and get rid of players he doesn't want, then the club have to let him do that.

Kelly and Williams wouldn't have been the top names on my list of players to go, but maybe their departure is just a reflection of what players McDonald has lined up to join the club, rather than the order in which he values (or doesn't value) them as players in comparison to others.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I'll go with the theory " were getting rid of players to cut costs" these 3 players going now makes absolutely no sense do it at the end of the season make sure were safe, If you look at the players we've brought in it hardly screams of there is money there to blow on new signings , the money mc donald and his number 2 are on is probably why some players have to go , didn't pat mention in a speech they needed an average attendance of 1800/2k to make it viable were well below that figure

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    If McDonald has been given license to wield his axe and get rid of players he doesn't want, then the club have to let him do that.

Kelly and Williams wouldn't have been the top names on my list of players to go, but maybe their departure is just a reflection of what players McDonald has lined up to join the club, rather than the order in which he values (or doesn't value) them as players in comparison to others.
    Ya I agree, obviously McDonald has replacements lined up, wheather they're better than the lads is another question.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    The reason we're not getting 1800/2000 for home games is because of the rubbish we have to witness most weeks in the Markets Field. 3 home wins all season will not intice new supporters through the gates. They'll always get the 1200 regardless of how they play, that seems to be our core base these days.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast