Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LOI Fixtures May 26th +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Pity about the sending off was a good game up to that point . Clarke still our best player. Cork were good and good to see shep doing well. Europe and the cups still to play for for the rest of the league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Couldn't really see how bad the tackle was from where I was sat. Reaction from some of the players said enough though.Clarke is some player for Rovers caused the defence all sorts of problems. Rovers defending from set pieces was shocking aswell we could have had 4 or 5 alone from corners.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Will be surprised if we still have him at the end of the season. As ollie would say on set pieces we need to WORK WORK WORK

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Surprised at some of the Dundalk comments. We are blunt up front because of Fagans form, but JJ and Markey were tearing strips off some of the dundalk lads at times.
    Both Dundalk goals stemmed from Pats mistakes and not as a result of any great Dundalk play. FTR...Dundalk were better but got some luck too.

We are in trouble and also getting no luck/breaks. We'll be fine though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    I would be surprised if Clarke is still here after July. The stand out player in the league for me this season even with Corks total dominance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Good game in Bray last night. Bray caused us all sorts of problems in the first half with their runners from midfield but once we sorted that out at half time we were the better team in the second half. Nearly gave away a comical own goal right at the end mind.

3 huge games coming up for us next. Harps, Galway and Bohs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    A very typical Galway United game last night. For the 14th time in 16 League games we conceded the first goal. (One 0-0 draw and we took the lead v Sligo in a 1-1 draw). With that record it's amazing we're not tailed off at the bottom.
    However again we performed strongly in the 2nd half got an early goal back but just couldn't get the equaliser. If we had a confident striker to score goals I think we'd be fine.
    Bohs for their part played on the break after taking the lead early on and Lorcan Fitz scored a beautiful volley on the run for the 2nd goal. I wasn't overly impressed by them, though Keith Ward was busy and Dinny Corcoran is the type of player we need (or just get Vinny Faherty confident again).
    Like the Pat's fan I'd be confident in us staying up but we need to stop conceding first in games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Is there anyone who thinks their team is going to get relegated?!

3 teams are going to go but everyone down there seems to be capable of doing something. Strange not seeing someone marooned off the bottom.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post

Course not, that's why we're supporters. Eternal optimists.

I am worried though. Not so much by last night, better teams than us will lose to Dundalk this season, it the likes of Mondays result up in Finn Harps that has us seriously in the doo doo.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Nice game, but I had to sit in front of a gobsh1te Dundalk fan who spent the game abusing McEleney. Some people should be banned from going to games on the grounds of profound stupidity.
    I'm guessing I was sitting close to you then because there was an oul fella across from me roaring abuse at McEleney all game and giving a continuous commentary on the game. It got very annoying very quickly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by desaintsno.12 View Post
    Surprised at some of the Dundalk comments. We are blunt up front because of Fagans form, but JJ and Markey were tearing strips off some of the dundalk lads at times.
    Both Dundalk goals stemmed from Pats mistakes and not as a result of any great Dundalk play. FTR...Dundalk were better but got some luck too.

We are in trouble and also getting no luck/breaks. We'll be fine though.
    I thought Markey was excellent at times and Pats has sone great passages of play. I could easily have seen a Pats equaliser, particularly in the period after O'Donnell went off and Pats dominated midfield.

I thought they lacked a bit a patience at that point and left themselves too open to counter attacks when possession was lost (which happened too often).

Pats belief seems to evaporate after the McMillan goal.

It's difficult to see a side that plays as well as Pats going down, but this is not the year to be down the bottom end of the table.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post

Strange not seeing someone marooned off the bottom.
    Less of that!!

I think because everyone has a reasonable points total everyone has seen a few matches where their team have played well so are just thinking "if we play like that we won't go down"

From a Galway perspective we've still only lost 6 games so if we can just score more goals I think we'll be ok. Defensively we look more solid that last season.
    If I were to guess now I would say Drogheda, Harps and maybe Bohs. I think if Sligo lose Sadlier ye could be in big trouble. Pat's should have the players to get out of it but as I've said all season you just wonder do the players who won the league only a few years ago have the fight for a relegation battle? Also they look poor at the back.
    I have to say Harps back to back wins have me a bit worried. They started the season well but then had dropped to the bottom but are now out of it again. Safe to say every week things are going to change.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    The bottom ten teams are all capable of beating each other, and are all equally inconsistent.
    The stand out team playing Bohs this year was Pats and the worst team by a mile was Harps.
    , Harps have won both games v Pats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    The bottom ten teams are all capable of beating each other, and are all equally inconsistent.
    The stand out team playing Bohs this year was Pats and the worst team by a mile was Harps.
    , Harps have won both games v Pats.
    Exactly. We were so good against Bohs, but we haven't really replicated that since. The two results against Harps were really killer for us. Two wins there and the table would look very different. The only consolation this morning as we sit at the bottom of the pile is that it's still so tight. Couple of good results can change things dramatically.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    364 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    We are having the most incredible season. I don't know if we are the best LOI team ever but you'd be hard pressed to find a more dominant side. We're trying to work out when we would win the league if we win all our games and Dundalk/Bray won the rest and I think we would win it sometime in early September (Rovers in Tallaght or Dundalk at home) assuming we play all league games scheduled by then (Europe will change that of course). We need 37 more points. Win next week and that drops to 31. With the form Dundalk Bray Derry Rovers and Bray are showing its not unrealistic to think we could bdo it in August. Oh and Limerick exist as a thing Rovers fans.

While I'm here. Stephen Bradley is amazing and I hope he and his 45 points from his first 33 games stick around a loooooooong time
    Possibly you might need to win multiple trophies first, steady on kiddo !
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,223 Posts
    One thing that's strange about Pat's demise - even allowing for the fact that two wins in a row and they're fourth or whatever - is that there seems to be no hint that Buckley is under pressure? Pat's have been going backwards the past few years; partly that's budget I think, but partly the budget is because they're going backwards (CL -> EL -> no Europe at all)

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    It's funny, all the teams at the bottom seem really up and down. It's anyone guess who is going to go down.

For us, we've been horrendous at times. Completely brutal. But then, at other times, we're playing decent football, scoring goals, and winning important games. Injuries haven't helped us this season, but now we're getting back to a full squad slowly, I'm confident that we'll be fine come the end of the season.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanDrog View Post
    Draw fair result in Utd park- strange thinking Derry beat us 4-0 earlier this year as they were tame tonight tbh. But a solid point and another clean sheet for us (which is a big improvement).
    Dreadful game of football. Drogheda worked really well at closing us down, basically leaving us with little option but to pass across the pitch, looking for an opening which never came.
    Drogheda had a few chances in the second half too, could have nicked it.

I'm more and more convinced that, in away games, our only aim is to not lose. We just don't take risks. That would be all well and good, going away and getting draws, if we were winning at home, but we're not.
    We're now nine games unbeaten, seven of which were draws. Says it all really.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Changing a manager during the season is a gamble, but sometimes worth taking. Sligo have got a better return I would say than Limerick( the delay in Limerick's case may be a factor). In Buckley's case I think the Pats team was really Sporting Fingal transferred to Inichore, so that team has come to the end of its life cycle. Conan Byrne was a sub last night I think, so did any other Fingal player start?
    Worrying to read in today's press that Pats have not submitted a Strategic Plan to the FAI. How can clubs be helped if they do not know themselves where they want to go. Saw Trevor Crolly with Bohs last night, would he be on short list if they decide to replace Buckley?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Will be surprised if we still have him at the end of the season. As ollie would say on set pieces we need to WORK WORK WORK
    I could be wrong but I believe he still has a year and a half on his contract so at least we'll get a fee though if anyone from the rovers board is reading this a 5 year contract for him and multi million quid release clause would be nice. Haha as if
    But on last night sounds like bar a moment of madness, poor set piece defence and Bradley not quite knowing what to say before matches yet there were a good few positives to take from it and when you remember that this is a young squad, young backroom team, a change of style, stuff like someone saying we've got 45 from 33 under Bradley that's not too bad, not rovers level good but not bad and can be built on. There's been a marked improvement in the team since round one and a similar improvement in round three would probably see us in Europe next year which I'll take, then just keep the squad together, add a few and push on next year.
    Also I'd like to go on record that although rovers and Cork are fairly big rivals I'm happy it's them winning the league this year because they do everything right off and on the pitch it seems and honestly some dundalk fans (a minority I'm sure) have been growing more and more unbearable every year so nice to know they won't match our four in a row
    Last edited by RathfarnhamHoop; 27/05/2017 at 1:44 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast