Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: FAI Cup 2017

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts
    I thought we'd agreed that we both have some eejits following us,
    and that the women in Dundalk are unlikely to tempt Karl Sheppard ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    I thought we'd agreed that we both have some eejits following us,
    and that the women in Dundalk are unlikely to tempt Karl Sheppard ..
    We certainly agree on your first point but I'd argue against your second, plenty of current and former Dundalk players have found love in Dundalk and the surrounding area including Brian Gartland who lets be honest is absolutely dreamy! Think I feel a reality tv show coming on....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Thats always been our trick in Cork. Dan Murray, Danny Murphy, Phil Harrington all moved to Cork and ended up settling down in the area with Cork women. Sean Maguire would be the modern example but he got too big for his boots and fecked off to England.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    If rovers do not release anymore away tickets, Dundalk have hundreds of fans living or working in the city (I'm one) and there is nothing to stop them walking up on the night to buy a ticket from the main stand.

No colours would obviously be a help but there is absolutely no way this match will sell out.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    League of Ireland in general and Tallaght Stadium in particular has perfected the art of having empty unsold seats despite their being a strong demand for them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts
    It's not rovers , it's the council they were ****ed off over the carry on by your ejits the last time. (And I know we have ours ,) the problem with limiting the dundalk fans is that it's inevitably going to lead to Oriel returning the favour next time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    I very much doubt that SDCC have contractual clauses built in to their lease that allow them to force Rovers against their will to limit their advance ticket sales to away supporters.

Rovers have a history of leaving seats empty rather than accommodate the away demand.

Plenty of Dundalk supporters have already bought tickets online and more will buy on the day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    879 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    It's not rovers , it's the council they were ****ed off over the carry on by your ejits the last time. (And I know we have ours ,) the problem with limiting the dundalk fans is that it's inevitably going to lead to Oriel returning the favour next time.
    I do fear that an element of our support would have had it in their heads to cause damage in a tit for tat manner and that could be limited by the small allocation of tickets. Maybe that is the thinking. Dundalk FC have in the past not lowered themselves with ticket allocations. The away terrace as it is and a proportion of the stand will always be allocated so 750 tickets. That wont decrease or increase without a change to the ground.

On the broken seats thing, I have seen some supporters standing on seats which of course the flip down ones are not designed for being stood on and get broken easily enough especially when celebrating a goal and someone starts jumping up and down. I do think that proper stewarding would help (in any ground as the same crowding in to one area has happened in the shed in Oriel and becomes most apparent in big games and sold out games) especially in what Ive seen are the habits when in Tallaght for finals or European games in particular - allocated blocks on tickets dont tend to be enforced so while a stand could be sold out, one wing is empty and another is rammed with 2 or 3 people standing in an area of one seated person. Apart from it looking poor on TV, ive always felt that it is dangerous and lends to damage in the area thats overcrowded. Access to blocks can be enforced even if its hard to make people stay at their allocated seat. I'd be pretty sure that people stand on the seats in the shed in Oriel and they could be damaged - i vaguely recall the need for repairs to some seating prior to a European home game. If seats get broken on Tuesday night, with a small allocation of tickets meaning that there isnt the overcrowding issue then I fear that it is malicious damage rather than a complete lack of respect by 'fans' be it Tallaght or Oriel.

Supporters do have a sense of ownership of the ground that home grounds are played in and damage to the ground does rankle. Im sure posters here will remember the outrage at the Finn Harps coach allegedly damaged the sprinkler system in Tallaght during the warm up - the sprinkler system that is so automated that it couldnt be turned off. Rovers fans were livid by the sprinkler being kicked over and were sending the bill to Ballybofey etc. That is not to say that the done thing is to go to Finn Park then with revenge in mind.

Lets hope the talk after Tuesday is just about the cup final - if there are claims of damage then im sure pictures can be taken and posted. In terms of this ****e about ****e being left, I doubt the truth of this as it would have been said long ago, but I wouldnt be at all surprised if some arsehole does this time now.....ugh!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    I very much doubt that SDCC have contractual clauses built in to their lease that allow them to force Rovers against their will to limit their advance ticket sales to away supporters.

Rovers have a history of leaving seats empty rather than accommodate the away demand.

Plenty of Dundalk supporters have already bought tickets online and more will buy on the day
    Its not about contracts it's called life . We are partners with the council and it's give and take all the time.....on both sides.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    I do fear that an element of our support would have had it in their heads to cause damage in a tit for tat manner and that could be limited by the small allocation of tickets. Maybe that is the thinking. Dundalk FC have in the past not lowered themselves with ticket allocations. The away terrace as it is and a proportion of the stand will always be allocated so 750 tickets. That wont decrease or increase without a change to the ground.

On the broken seats thing, I have seen some supporters standing on seats which of course the flip down ones are not designed for being stood on and get broken easily enough especially when celebrating a goal and someone starts jumping up and down. I do think that proper stewarding would help (in any ground as the same crowding in to one area has happened in the shed in Oriel and becomes most apparent in big games and sold out games) especially in what Ive seen are the habits when in Tallaght for finals or European games in particular - allocated blocks on tickets dont tend to be enforced so while a stand could be sold out, one wing is empty and another is rammed with 2 or 3 people standing in an area of one seated person. Apart from it looking poor on TV, ive always felt that it is dangerous and lends to damage in the area thats overcrowded. Access to blocks can be enforced even if its hard to make people stay at their allocated seat. I'd be pretty sure that people stand on the seats in the shed in Oriel and they could be damaged - i vaguely recall the need for repairs to some seating prior to a European home game. If seats get broken on Tuesday night, with a small allocation of tickets meaning that there isnt the overcrowding issue then I fear that it is malicious damage rather than a complete lack of respect by 'fans' be it Tallaght or Oriel.

Supporters do have a sense of ownership of the ground that home grounds are played in and damage to the ground does rankle. Im sure posters here will remember the outrage at the Finn Harps coach allegedly damaged the sprinkler system in Tallaght during the warm up - the sprinkler system that is so automated that it couldnt be turned off. Rovers fans were livid by the sprinkler being kicked over and were sending the bill to Ballybofey etc. That is not to say that the done thing is to go to Finn Park then with revenge in mind.

Lets hope the talk after Tuesday is just about the cup final - if there are claims of damage then im sure pictures can be taken and posted. In terms of this ****e about ****e being left, I doubt the truth of this as it would have been said long ago, but I wouldnt be at all surprised if some arsehole does this time now.....ugh!!!
    Well thats the reason for dundalk only getting 500 tickets. The away section capacity has been reduced. Your fans wont be allowed up the back of the stand and most of block J is blocked off as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    Well thats the reason for dundalk only getting 500 tickets. The away section capacity has been reduced. Your fans wont be allowed up the back of the stand and most of block J is blocked off as well.
    Well it now sets a precedent, Rovers got more tickets than they were entitled to for last Sunday. Dundalk will be well within their rights to restrict Rovers allocation for future games

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Id be expecting it. Don't think may rovers fans would mind not getting tickets for oriel park. Im pretty sure this is the first time we haven't extended the away section to 800 for a team that has sold out the initial allocation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    879 Posts
    Dundalk FC will not be so petty as to limit allocation of tickets in future!! Rovers may be asked to send stewards to assist with the Shams fans if there is a large travelling support. I dont think too many in Dundalk will mind if Shams fans dont want tickets for Oriel either. Its not the first time that the away section wasnt extended in Tallaght for visiting supporters but thats neither here nor there. It is a fear that there would be deliberate damage done in the away setion in some morons' minds as a back at ye for what happened in Oriel Park between the burns on the pitch, the breaking up of the advertisment hoarding and the kicking down of a gate. I really really hope that the Dundalk support rise above such petty tit for tat behaviour!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    I really really hope that the Dundalk support rise above such petty tit for tat behaviour!!
    Since the allocation was meant to have only been sold to season ticket holders I would expect no trouble from our side

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Has the kick off time for the final been confirmed yet?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    Since the allocation was meant to have only been sold to season ticket holders I would expect no trouble from our side
    Have you not seen some of the scum (who have season tickets) following Dundalk this 3/4 years!

Fully expect some kind of trouble tomorrow night, Possibly in Home Section of Stand Dundalk supporters are in.

A bus from my local is heading up, 16 seater, 10 have tickets for the home end. Im sure alot more are travelling with home tickets

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Have you not seen some of the scum (who have season tickets) following Dundalk this 3/4 years!

Fully expect some kind of trouble tomorrow night, Possibly in Home Section of Stand Dundalk supporters are in.

A bus from my local is heading up, 16 seater, 10 have tickets for the home end. Im sure alot more are travelling with home tickets
    It is almost as it the people organising the game want trouble. Restricted away tickets and home tickets easily available online and on sale on the night.

Amateur hour stuff.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post

There are some idiots alright but the real nuts don't have season tickets and only show up for these types of games. Going on our recent visits to Tallaght there has been no trouble! As you've said it's the groups that are going to end up in the home section is where the biggest potential for trouble will be

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    It is almost as it the people organising the game want trouble. Restricted away tickets and home tickets easily available online and on sale on the night.

Amateur hour stuff.
    Agreed - it's a small minded approach that actually increases the chances of trouble. They could even exacerbate it further by trying to deny admission to some supporters holding tickets or even worse again, attempt to remove people who have gained entry to the many empty seats in the West Stand
    Last edited by Ezeikial; 09/10/2017 at 5:58 PM. Reason: grammar

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Agreed - it's a small minded approach that actually increases the chances of trouble. They could even exacerbate it further by trying to deny admission to some supporters holding tickets or even worse again, attempt to remove people who have gained entry to the many empty seats in the West Stand
    Don't think it'll be trying to deny entry or remove people, stewards say youre not getting in or to get out you're doing as they say end of story unless you want a garda to enforce it instead.

Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast