Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: FAI Cup 2017

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Not just then, I've never seen a man of the match award celebrated so wildly than this evening. You'd swear Rovers had won their cup final.
    To be fair the celebrations were for hanging on against the odds with ten men ....it felt like a win getting a replay especially after being behind. The Finn thing was just rubbing it in given the history.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    Right so it can't be a bad tackle if you don't properly injure your opponent? Yours and PC's comments just reinforce most people's opinions of Rovers fans
    Look it was a bad tackle but it was a timing thing i dont believe for a second he tried to injure sheilds knowing he would get himself sent off. If arguing that cade "reinforces" your opinion of me i can live with that. Judgement of Your one dimensional opinion I'll leave to others

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    To be fair the celebrations were for hanging on against the odds with ten men ....it felt like a win getting a replay especially after being behind. The Finn thing was just rubbing it in given the history.
    Both were hilarious and gave us a great laugh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GCdfc View Post
    Both were hilarious and gave us a great laugh.
    Us too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Look it was a bad tackle but it was a timing thing i dont believe for a second he tried to injure sheilds knowing he would get himself sent off. If arguing that cade "reinforces" your opinion of me i can live with that. Judgement of Your one dimensional opinion I'll leave to others
    Not just that but everything, you constantly play down the behaviour of your fans, players, management etc. It's been mentioned before, it's the ostrich syndrome, most at Rovers suffer from it, including your board

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts
    I've actually acknowledged more than once that we have our own bunch of loolas who I would prefer weren't part of things but that cuts no ice obviously.
    I don't think I play things down I think I call it down the middle I genuinely don't believe Davy set out to make that tackle...why would he want to get himself sent off??
    One guy on here saying "scumbags" threw flares on the pitch .....was he in the Aviva for the cup final ??
    Bad tackle , bad behaviour but perspective lads...
    Last edited by sbgawa; 02/10/2017 at 8:33 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Great deflection!

Yes I was at the Aviva. But damp grass doesn’t burn like rubber and the Fire Service were on duty. It was pure scumbags that threw the flares into the pitch in oriel. They knew what they were doing just like the ones who decided to wreck a pub and the train station.

All clubs have idiots. The only difference is that with Rovers is that it goes up from the stands, right through to players, management team and board.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    It's hilarious that dundalk think their fans and players are angels. 😂

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Great deflection!

Yes I was at the Aviva. But damp grass doesn’t burn like rubber and the Fire Service were on duty. It was pure scumbags that threw the flares into the pitch in oriel. They knew what they were doing just like the ones who decided to wreck a pub and the train station.

All clubs have idiots. The only difference is that with Rovers is that it goes up from the stands, right through to players, management team and board.

I'd never try to justify the antics of a small number of morons but 100% condemn such actions( nor does the Club which is reflected in the number stadium bans we've handed out and implemented this season).

However it's hard to take in any way seriously complaints etc. from a club that has its own in residence pyromaniac who is allowed into Oriel and to stand near the dugout.

Also (and this goes for all clubs) surely it should be possible for the security staff to search and confiscate flares .

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    It's hilarious that dundalk think their fans and players are angels. 😂
    Oh look another deflector, quote were that was said pls.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post

However it's hard to take in any way seriously complaints etc. from a club that has its own in residence pyromaniac who is allowed into Oriel and to stand near the dugout.
    More deflection! Out of curiosity, which club official from Dundalk FC has said anything in this thread?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts
    Great deflection!

Would you ever cop on , no one thought the pitch would go on fire, even your own stewards didn't think that otherwise they wouldn't have left it burning out on the pitch instead of going and picking it up or smothering it out.
    The sanctimonious nature of most of the postings on here is hilarious, even saying that most Rovers fans wished these loolaas would feck off isn't good enough, stadium bans aren't good enough, fencing off the east stand isn't good enough. you still say the stands players management and board are all at fault.

If you can't see that you are a little bit blinkered I can.

Anyway, on the game a draw was a fair result but we will be without Davy for the replay and also possibly Bolger and Clarke who have been called up for the u19's and u21's. 1 player in each squad isn't enough for a cancelation if we are without those 3 we will be very thin.....crazy if it comes to that its the FAI cup semi final !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Would you ever cop on , no one thought the pitch would go on fire, even your own stewards didn't think that otherwise they wouldn't have left it burning out on the pitch instead of going and picking it up or smothering it out.
    It's entirely irrelevant whether they thought the pitch would go on fire or not, it's unacceptable. It's criminal actually, both the possession and the damage done to the pitch.

I find it hard to blame the host club for the use of flares. You can search people all you want, but if someone wants to take a flare into any ground in the country, they'll manage it. Since that is the case, the only way to deal with their use is by punishing those involved. Possession of a flare should result in arrest, as it does in the IL, and heavy fines for the club involved.

If they FAI were serious about enforcement, both Dundalk and Shamrock Rovers should be hauled up in front a committee in Abbotstown, required to identify those involved to the gardaí, fined, and warned that if it happens again, they'll be playing their next home match behind closed doors.
    It'd be the sort of wake-up call clubs need.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    More deflection! Out of curiosity, which club official from Dundalk FC has said anything in this thread?
    It's not deflection , also going down the pedantic road of asking which official from Dundalk said anything is churlish and in itself an attempt at deflection when all and sundry know what I meant.

What occurred as I've already acknowledged was wrong- however people in glass houses aren't in a position to throw stones.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Ya think. It's not the first pitch to go on fire in Oriel. Stewards probably didn't pick it up because they are not supposed too. I thought all LOI clubs were instructed by the FAI have a Fire Service presence at their grounds since the start of this season. I know in the Showgrounds there are two fire fighters at the games.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Ye know what's hilarious about this too. The FAI will fine Dundalk for flares in the ground and maybe fine Shams for the actions of their supporters. But FAI videos for league launches will have a clip of fans letting of flares, presumably trying to show how great the atmosphere at LOI games is.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    It's entirely irrelevant whether they thought the pitch would go on fire or not, it's unacceptable. It's criminal actually, both the possession and the damage done to the pitch.

So if the thinking the pitch would go on fire is irrelevant then the flares in the Aviva were "unacceptable and criminal" as well I guess.
    We all have our problems and I'm happy to accept Rovers have more of them but every team has muppets..

All I'm asking for is a bit of perspective. Rovers are not the epitome of evil and Dundalk are not without sin

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    I thought the worst part of the day was being spat at, and having coins thrown at me in the stand by older dundalk fans who should really know better. But i'm sure that was probably just my imagination.

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    How much damage was actually done to the pitch?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance kid View Post
    I thought the worst part of the day was being spat at, and having coins thrown at me in the stand by older dundalk fans who should really know better. But i'm sure that was probably just my imagination.
    I didn't want to bring that up because (I'm a deflector) but that is absolutely correct,
    Let he who is without sin cast the first stone..

Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast